-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**
Started by #kalel
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
*her 😀Clearly his DAT score was too low
School: UMKC
Interview date: 09/26
Notification date: 9/9
Method of notification: email
Residency: NM
AADSAS mail-out date:
Application complete date: 8/25
GPA (science, overall): 3.81/4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):20/20/19/17
Also, something else worth noting, I am applying a year early. Junior with 64 credits up to this point.
Interview date: 09/26
Notification date: 9/9
Method of notification: email
Residency: NM
AADSAS mail-out date:
Application complete date: 8/25
GPA (science, overall): 3.81/4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):20/20/19/17
Also, something else worth noting, I am applying a year early. Junior with 64 credits up to this point.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
*her 😀
Well hi there. Come here often?
Interview #10! I recently visited Portland for a wedding, so I stopped by the campus. The school is gorgeous, and the city is awesome. Can't wait!
School: UNE
Interview Date: October
Notification Date: 9/9
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/1
GPA (science, overall): 3.4/3.6
DAT: 21 AA/21 TS/21 PAT/ 24 RC/ 16 QR
Thank you! I'm honestly baffled. While my ECs are somewhat unique, there isn't anything crazy. I'm convinced my application was accidentally swapped with someone else's.
School: UNE
Interview Date: October
Notification Date: 9/9
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/1
GPA (science, overall): 3.4/3.6
DAT: 21 AA/21 TS/21 PAT/ 24 RC/ 16 QR
Holy cow!!!! 9 interviews? That is awesome!!! Did you save a baby from a burning building or something?
Thank you! I'm honestly baffled. While my ECs are somewhat unique, there isn't anything crazy. I'm convinced my application was accidentally swapped with someone else's.
What time did they call you? And Congrats!!Interview #3
So incredibly excited, I can't even think right now.
School: UoP
Notification date: 09/09/2014
Method of notification: phone & email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/11/2014
Application complete date: 08/13/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.71, 3.76
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 21/22/22
What time did they call you? And Congrats!!
Thanks!!!! They called me at 4pm! Definitely wasn't expecting it.
Are the interviews filled up to december already? Im still anxiously awaiting an interview from CA hahaThanks!!!! They called me at 4pm! Definitely wasn't expecting it.
Are the interviews filled up to december already? Im still anxiously awaiting an interview from CA haha![]()
Don't worry! They're still filling up October! Good luck!!
Thank you so much! And rock your interview 😉Don't worry! They're still filling up October! Good luck!!
Honestly I have 5 so far and I'm going to all of em. I cannot afford to not go to the interviews. If I get like over 8 interviews , then I might consider not going to Maybe 1 or 2. But as of now I'm going to all of em. Did you schedule em back to back ? Flying from Alaska must be expensive as heck.Interview #6
School: Marquette
For those that have multiple interviews are you going to all of them or choosing your top few? I'm in Alaska so it's kind of a long haul to go to an interview to begin with! I was not expecting to get all these interviews!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know what you mean! I'm feeling the same way…its a lot of money :/Interview #6
School: Marquette
For those that have multiple interviews are you going to all of them or choosing your top few? I'm in Alaska so it's kind of a long haul to go to an interview to begin with! I was not expecting to get all these interviews!
Thank you!Wow, that IS a tough situation--living in Alaska.
I would ask yourself, "which schools would I definitely not choose to attend if given the option," and not go to those interviews. I have five invitations so far, I've already been to two, and I've decided not to attend one. I decided not to attend the one because I felt good about the others, and I realized that if it came down to that school and any other school, I would choose the other school.
Honestly, you have VERY good chances of being accepted to several of the schools you interview at, so I wouldn't worry about that.
The two in AZ I scheduled back to back but the others are kind of scattered, it's hard to because I have a 2 year old and 4 month old so I can't be gone very long!Honestly I have 5 so far and I'm going to all of em. I cannot afford to not go to the interviews. If I get like over 8 interviews , then I might consider not going to Maybe 1 or 2. But as of now I'm going to all of em. Did you schedule em back to back ? Flying from Alaska must be expensive as heck.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel your pain. I have an almost 3 year old, but I had to schedule 3 interviews back to back. Nova UDM and Marquette. I am getting help from my wife and my in laws to watch him though. Best of luck to you 😉The two in AZ I scheduled back to back but the others are kind of scattered, it's hard to because I have a 2 year old and 4 month old so I can't be gone very long!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol yeah I have the 4 month old that is still nursing and doesn't like the bottle, my poor husband when I leave....I feel your pain. I have an almost 3 year old, but I had to schedule 3 interviews back to back. Nova UDM and Marquette. Ok getting help from my wife and my in laws to watch him though. Best of luck to you 😉
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats! Any other distinguishing factors on your app? Im hoping to score a Columbia interview and my stats are similar to yours. Keepin it real for us low(ish) GPA applicants 😉
Thanks! I was so relieved, my GPA made me pretty nervous about applying. My undergrad is Harvard, but I don't know how much institution is taken into account.
Good luck!
Though I currently only have 2 interviews, I plan on going to all I am invited to, up to like 7 or 8. I can barely afford that as it is, but I think going to that many almost statistically guarantees an acceptance to at least 1.Interview #6
School: Marquette
For those that have multiple interviews are you going to all of them or choosing your top few? I'm in Alaska so it's kind of a long haul to go to an interview to begin with! I was not expecting to get all these interviews!
Oh wow...must be hard. Mine are 3 and 6. My mom is going to watch them for a few of my interviews so my wife can come with me (pending multiple acceptances, she has to live where ever I get accepted, so I think she deserves the right to explore the area).Lol yeah I have the 4 month old that is still nursing and doesn't like the bottle, my poor husband when I leave....
Same boat as yall. I've got young kiddos at home and I have tried my hardest to mash my interviews together! Fortunately dates have worked out for the most part 🙂I feel your pain. I have an almost 3 year old, but I had to schedule 3 interviews back to back. Nova UDM and Marquette. I am getting help from my wife and my in laws to watch him though. Best of luck to you 😉
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rejection from MOSDOH (Missouri) via snail mail
Grad GPA:3.78
AA/TS/PAT/Read: 19/19/22/23
Grad GPA:3.78
AA/TS/PAT/Read: 19/19/22/23
After a long wait, interview #2!!
School: Colorado
Notification date: 9/10
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Washington
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20
Application complete date: 6/20
GPA (science, overall) 3.4, 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/22/22/none
I am really surprised that I have only been receiving interview invites from state schools as an OOS applicant, and heard nothing from the 10+ private schools...
School: Colorado
Notification date: 9/10
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Washington
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20
Application complete date: 6/20
GPA (science, overall) 3.4, 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/22/22/none
I am really surprised that I have only been receiving interview invites from state schools as an OOS applicant, and heard nothing from the 10+ private schools...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's pretty amazing! 🙂 although I have yet to hear from any of my in state California schools, the school I interviewed in Ohio was pretty amazing 🙂 Did you want to go out of state?After a long wait, interview #2!!
School: Colorado
Notification date: 9/10
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Washington
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20
Application complete date: 6/20
GPA (science, overall) 3.4, 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/22/22/none
I am really surprised that I have only been receiving interview invites from state schools as an OOS applicant, and heard nothing from the 10+ private schools...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
October 10th! I was in denver a few months ago and love the campus. Very excited for this one 🙂
Well I would live in-state tuition at UW haha but definitely keeping an open mind about going out of stateThat's pretty amazing! 🙂 although I have yet to hear from any of my in state California schools, the school I interviewed in Ohio was pretty amazing 🙂 Did you want to go out of state?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
8/25 app completed, no invites yet. 5 says app under review and 5 says waiting additional info. Fingers crossed.
Two months ahead and still no word! Mail out 6/27. 10 in review, 4 in "App Completed" status. No invited and no rejections yet. Anyone else in a similar boat?
Two months ahead and still no word! Mail out 6/27. 10 in review, 4 in "App Completed" status. No invited and no rejections yet. Anyone else in a similar boat?
same exact situation here (same mail out date)
What are your stats like? I'm in the same boat. Mail out 6/27Two months ahead and still no word! Mail out 6/27. 10 in review, 4 in "App Completed" status. No invited and no rejections yet. Anyone else in a similar boat?
Interview #1!!
School: Minnesota
Notification date: 9/10
Interview Date: 9/15
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Minnesota
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/23
Application complete date: 9/10 (Took DAT on 8/19/14)
GPA (science, overall): Undergrad: 3.24, 3.34, Grad: 4.0 in Masters program.
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/20/21/qr15
School: Minnesota
Notification date: 9/10
Interview Date: 9/15
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Minnesota
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/23
Application complete date: 9/10 (Took DAT on 8/19/14)
GPA (science, overall): Undergrad: 3.24, 3.34, Grad: 4.0 in Masters program.
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/20/21/qr15
Last edited:
Interview #6
School: New York University
Interview date: TBA
Notification date: 9/10
Method of notification: email
Residency: WI
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/18
Application complete date: 8/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.06, 3.15 (3.75 grad )
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/20/20/16QR
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
School: New York University
Interview date: TBA
Notification date: 9/10
Method of notification: email
Residency: WI
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/18
Application complete date: 8/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.06, 3.15 (3.75 grad )
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/20/20/16QR
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha Congratz. There u go 😉. When is ur interview ?Interview #1!!
School: Minnesota
Notification date: 9/11
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Minnesota
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/23
Application complete date: 9/10 (Took DAT on 8/19/14)
GPA (science, overall) (Undergrad: 3.0, 3.6) 4.0 in Masters program.
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/20/21/qr15
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C'mon NYU!!!!Interview #6
School: New York University
Interview date: TBA
Notification date: 9/10
Method of notification: email
Residency: WI
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/18
Application complete date: 8/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.06, 3.15 (3.75 grad )
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/20/20/16QR
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha that happened to me two weeks ago. I got a call from Omaha Nebraska , and I was hoping it was a Creighton interview. It was a telemarketer lol. I chuckled, but I was sad at the same time lolSaw a number on my phone from a state in which one of the schools I applied to was in. Call started out "Congratulations you've been selected" before going on about a cruise. This waiting game and these telemarketers are giving me anxiety!!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think ADEA should have a disclaimer about the application process saying that the process may result in anxiety, mood swings, and depression lolSaw a number on my phone from a state in which one of the schools I applied to was in. Call started out "Congratulations you've been selected" before going on about a cruise. This waiting game and these telemarketers are giving me anxiety!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Saw a number on my phone from a state in which one of the schools I applied to was in. Call started out "Congratulations you've been selected" before going on about a cruise. This waiting game and these telemarketers are giving me anxiety!!!
THIS MADE MY DAY!
🤣Interview!
School: UNLV
Notification date: 09/10/14
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: Minnesota
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20/14
Application complete date: 6/12/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.51, 3.67
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20 AA/20 TS/18 PAT/22 RC/none below 17
I'm so excited and I feel so blessed. I just hope I receive one acceptance come December. Just one. That's all I want.
School: UNLV
Notification date: 09/10/14
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: Minnesota
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20/14
Application complete date: 6/12/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.51, 3.67
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20 AA/20 TS/18 PAT/22 RC/none below 17
I'm so excited and I feel so blessed. I just hope I receive one acceptance come December. Just one. That's all I want.
I could use a cruise once all of this craziness is over.Saw a number on my phone from a state in which one of the schools I applied to was in. Call started out "Congratulations you've been selected" before going on about a cruise. This waiting game and these telemarketers are giving me anxiety!!!
D
deleted518758
Interview #8!
School: UNLV
Notification date: 09/10/14
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27/14
Application complete date:Not sure?
GPA (science, overall): Both >3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA/22 TS/19 PAT/20 RC/none below 17
School: UNLV
Notification date: 09/10/14
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27/14
Application complete date:Not sure?
GPA (science, overall): Both >3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA/22 TS/19 PAT/20 RC/none below 17
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 80K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 1K
Interviewing
Touro Class of 2031 Interview/Acceptance Thread
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K
*sigh*