-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**
Started by #kalel
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Rutgers said no to me too ... Keep the faith - we can only attend one school anyway so all we need is one acceptance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!Acceptance #2
Upenn!!!
Interviewed 1/9, got called 1/20
Flipping out
Another Rutgers rejectee here. I'm OOS, but feels bad anyways🙁
Do you mind sharing your stats?Rejection #5 (I think): Rutgers via email
Disappointed, being my state school and all.
Practically 8 months in, still waiting on 10 schools. lol![]()
are all your schools still silent or have you received some rejections too?
that is a hell of a long wait to not hear anything
are all your schools still silent or have you received some rejections too?
that is a hell of a long wait to not hear anything
5 rejections, 9 are still silent. Not really sure why since I applied beginning of June and was in either the 1st or 2nd batch. :/
Interview/Acceptance
School: OHSU
Notification Date: 12/29: Invite. 1/8: Interview. 1/23: Acceptance.
Mehtod of notification: Email for all.
Residency: Oregon
AADSAS application submitted: 9/26/14
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/10/14.
Application complete date: 10/27/14 received by OHSU.
Competitive email: 12/8/14.
GPA (science, overall, BCP): 3.94, 3.90, 4.0.
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/below 17?): 23/24/22/26/no.
AU: transcripts recieved 1/1/15. Verified 1/15/15.
#1 choice, only school I applied to, thankfully I was accepted. Sorry I don't have any other offers to refuse to open up spots for anyone else. Good luck to all those still stuck in limbo. Congrats to all those who were accepted. I added a few extra lines for common questions I see people asking.
School: OHSU
Notification Date: 12/29: Invite. 1/8: Interview. 1/23: Acceptance.
Mehtod of notification: Email for all.
Residency: Oregon
AADSAS application submitted: 9/26/14
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/10/14.
Application complete date: 10/27/14 received by OHSU.
Competitive email: 12/8/14.
GPA (science, overall, BCP): 3.94, 3.90, 4.0.
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/below 17?): 23/24/22/26/no.
AU: transcripts recieved 1/1/15. Verified 1/15/15.
#1 choice, only school I applied to, thankfully I was accepted. Sorry I don't have any other offers to refuse to open up spots for anyone else. Good luck to all those still stuck in limbo. Congrats to all those who were accepted. I added a few extra lines for common questions I see people asking.
Interview/Acceptance
School: OHSU
Notification Date: 12/29: Invite. 1/8: Interview. 1/23: Acceptance.
Mehtod of notification: Email for all.
Residency: Oregon
AADSAS application submitted: 9/26/14
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/10/14.
Application complete date: 10/27/14 received by OHSU.
Competitive email: 12/8/14.
GPA (science, overall, BCP): 3.94, 3.90, 4.0.
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/below 17?): 23/24/22/26/no.
AU: transcripts recieved 1/1/15. Verified 1/15/15.
#1 choice, only school I applied to, thankfully I was accepted. Sorry I don't have any other offers to refuse to open up spots for anyone else. Good luck to all those still stuck in limbo. Congrats to all those who were accepted. I added a few extra lines for common questions I see people asking.
That takes balls, kid. Congrats!!
That takes balls, kid. Congrats!!
Thanks, but all it really takes is a stubborn wife who refuses to move. I told her it is not a great strategy, her reply was "well you better get in at OHSU then!"
Lol…your wife is bad ass too! Congrats on the acceptance!Thanks, but all it really takes is a stubborn wife who refuses to move. I told her it is not a great strategy, her reply was "well you better get in at OHSU then!"
Last edited:
Thanks, but all it really takes is a stubborn wife who refuses to move. I told her it is not a great strategy, her reply was "well you better get in at OHSU then!"
And you got in! Happy wife = happy life
You're one crazy SOB. Congrats tho!Interview/Acceptance
School: OHSU
Notification Date: 12/29: Invite. 1/8: Interview. 1/23: Acceptance.
Mehtod of notification: Email for all.
Residency: Oregon
AADSAS application submitted: 9/26/14
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/10/14.
Application complete date: 10/27/14 received by OHSU.
Competitive email: 12/8/14.
GPA (science, overall, BCP): 3.94, 3.90, 4.0.
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/below 17?): 23/24/22/26/no.
AU: transcripts recieved 1/1/15. Verified 1/15/15.
#1 choice, only school I applied to, thankfully I was accepted. Sorry I don't have any other offers to refuse to open up spots for anyone else. Good luck to all those still stuck in limbo. Congrats to all those who were accepted. I added a few extra lines for common questions I see people asking.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
seems like everyone on here has an acceptance!! Anyone do interviews and not have an acceptance yet and youre freaking out?? where are my peeps.
I'm the one
One interview so far, have been freaking out till lately, but now like .. whatever 
yup, 3 interviews so far and going to 4 more in jan-feb...hoping to get that acceptance soonseems like everyone on here has an acceptance!! Anyone do interviews and not have an acceptance yet and youre freaking out?? where are my peeps.
I'm in the same boat as you. Don't worry, you aren't alone. 🙁seems like everyone on here has an acceptance!! Anyone do interviews and not have an acceptance yet and youre freaking out?? where are my peeps.
Wow. You're in a lucky boat!yup, 3 interviews so far and going to 4 more in jan-feb...hoping to get that acceptance soon
When did you interview?Accepted at USC! Canceling western and Midwestern interviews
october 🙂 And submitted my application late augustWhen did you interview?
Upenn is Upenn!Acceptance #2 UPenn
Im a Canadian applicant!
Now I will need to decide on udm or upenn...
[emoji22]Rejection 3
U of pitts.
Okay fine.
I have an interview at Stony Brook this Monday (2/2)Has anyone received interview from Columbia or Stony Brook recently? or anyone knows if they still send out interviews? Please share some info!
I know quite a few people will appreciate this!
View attachment 188902
I sure do..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine is too.. I'm wondering the same thing.
Don't lose hope yet. I just received an invitation to interview this week. Keep chins up and fingers crossed! 

Last edited:
My application is still "under review" at WesternU...
Should I give up being hopeful? lol
So long as you don't have a rejection you have a chance. I know quite a few of us received rejections from Western about a week or two ago. Mine app was under review for 4 months.
Just got an email for interview invitation at roseman but I will decline
Interview #5
School: LECOM
Notification date: 1/28
Method of notification: email
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 9-5
Application complete date: 9 -5
GPA (science, overall) 3.4 ish both
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24, 24, 23, 17
I just got bored at work yesterday, started emailing silents schools and asked about the status of my application.
Lecom in particular, has been saying one of my letter was missing on their portal (not aadsas), I told them that a new letter has been sent a while ago and please have someone check on it.
Lo and behold, I got an interview invitation email while I was in my class today.
Pretty surprised that they sent me the interview the next day. I guess for some schools at least, emailing them and inquiring about the status can help you get the interview, or at least remind them that you are still interested.
I am not saying it is helpful for every school because I have received generic "please wait patiently for the committee to make the decision" messages from several institutions, but LECOM an NYU responded almost immediately with interview invites after an email and a phone call, respectively.
School: LECOM
Notification date: 1/28
Method of notification: email
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 9-5
Application complete date: 9 -5
GPA (science, overall) 3.4 ish both
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24, 24, 23, 17
I just got bored at work yesterday, started emailing silents schools and asked about the status of my application.
Lecom in particular, has been saying one of my letter was missing on their portal (not aadsas), I told them that a new letter has been sent a while ago and please have someone check on it.
Lo and behold, I got an interview invitation email while I was in my class today.
Pretty surprised that they sent me the interview the next day. I guess for some schools at least, emailing them and inquiring about the status can help you get the interview, or at least remind them that you are still interested.
I am not saying it is helpful for every school because I have received generic "please wait patiently for the committee to make the decision" messages from several institutions, but LECOM an NYU responded almost immediately with interview invites after an email and a phone call, respectively.
Under review since aug at boston, maryland, columbia and others. Completely silent. Crazy.
same thing. I just emailed them all yesterday, heard that they are still reviewing and will send interview invites when they are finished making decisions. lol
Rejection #5: Stony Brook
Notification date: 1/28
Method of notification: email
Residency: MD
AADSAS mail-out date: hit 'submit' on 6/19, official mail out date was 7/7. Batch ~3?
Application complete date: 7/3/14
Undergrad: oGPA 3.34, sGPA 3.09. Major: Biochem and Molecular Bio
Grad: oGPA/sGPA both 3.63. MS in Applied Molecular Bio
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/23/20/24/18, no section under 17
Previously rejected at: UCSF, Western, UPenn and Meharry - interviewed at UMD and UPitt, upcoming at Roseman. No acceptances
Shadowing: 150 hours (still shadowing currently), good LORs, volunteering and dental research for the NIH at the NIDCR and for a private company.
Notification date: 1/28
Method of notification: email
Residency: MD
AADSAS mail-out date: hit 'submit' on 6/19, official mail out date was 7/7. Batch ~3?
Application complete date: 7/3/14
Undergrad: oGPA 3.34, sGPA 3.09. Major: Biochem and Molecular Bio
Grad: oGPA/sGPA both 3.63. MS in Applied Molecular Bio
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/23/20/24/18, no section under 17
Previously rejected at: UCSF, Western, UPenn and Meharry - interviewed at UMD and UPitt, upcoming at Roseman. No acceptances
Shadowing: 150 hours (still shadowing currently), good LORs, volunteering and dental research for the NIH at the NIDCR and for a private company.
Stony Brook rejection today
Ive waited 5 years to post this, yes Ive applied 5 times
ACCEPTANCE
School: UNC
Notification date: 1/28
Method of notification: phone call
Residency: NC
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1/14
Application complete date: 8/1/14
GPA (science, overall) 3.4 sci 3.7ogpa
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/17/21/23 QR 16
Interviewed: ECU, UNC, MWU-IL, LECOM
Never give up [emoji173]️
ACCEPTANCE
School: UNC
Notification date: 1/28
Method of notification: phone call
Residency: NC
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1/14
Application complete date: 8/1/14
GPA (science, overall) 3.4 sci 3.7ogpa
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/17/21/23 QR 16
Interviewed: ECU, UNC, MWU-IL, LECOM
Never give up [emoji173]️
Congratulations!! I am so happy for you! Persistence pays off- you should be proud of yourself! This made my day thanks for sharing your good news!🙂Ive waited 5 years to post this, yes Ive applied 5 times
ACCEPTANCE
School: UNC
Notification date: 1/28
Method of notification: phone call
Residency: NC
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1/14
Application complete date: 8/1/14
GPA (science, overall) 3.4 sci 3.7ogpa
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/17/21/23 QR 16
Interviewed: ECU, UNC, MWU-IL, LECOM
Never give up [emoji173]️
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
These schools have been silent for me as well! I wonder if we will ever hear anything from them at this point?Under review since aug at boston, maryland, columbia and others. Completely silent. Crazy.
Just got a call from ucla!!!!! Dropping my spots from all the other schools. This should make someone's day. Good luck everyone!!!
A call from UCLA at 8:00 PM PST? Congrats!
Is it common to have no response after interview? Western has not spoken a word to me.
Also, I do not know why all other schools are not giving any response yet.
just another Super late update but here it is:
Interviewed Pre-Dec: Western, NYU
Accepted: not yet : b
Waitlist: NYU...
Rejections: UCSF, Stony Brook, Loma Linda, Harvard, Upenn : (
ALL other schools: still says under review/application received
GPA (science, overall): 3.2, 3.2 (post-bacc GPA: 3.6+ but did not do much)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/24/24/No
Also, I do not know why all other schools are not giving any response yet.
just another Super late update but here it is:
Interviewed Pre-Dec: Western, NYU
Accepted: not yet : b
Waitlist: NYU...
Rejections: UCSF, Stony Brook, Loma Linda, Harvard, Upenn : (
ALL other schools: still says under review/application received
GPA (science, overall): 3.2, 3.2 (post-bacc GPA: 3.6+ but did not do much)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/24/24/No
Silence since June from NYU, BU, Tufts, Western, Roseman, Creighton, Columbia, Buffalo (continuing review), Temple.
Well I was placed on buffalo cont review in Oct and under review from roseman in September.
Safe to assume these are rejections?
Well I was placed on buffalo cont review in Oct and under review from roseman in September.
Safe to assume these are rejections?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 80K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 1K
Interviewing
Touro Class of 2031 Interview/Acceptance Thread
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K