-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**
Started by #kalel
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Did you put down 4 deposits?
I am going to once I pay Pitt. Probably going there... The other three cost $2200, so while it was bad it wasn't terrible.
Posting this until now, but its been quite busy, Couple days ago I received both of these.
Rejection #2 : Pitt
Interview #12 : VCU (Declining)
Rejection #2 : Pitt
Interview #12 : VCU (Declining)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview Invite #6
Tufts
Dates offered 2/2, 2/3, 2/5
Unfortunately they asked me out to prom too late, going to be declining the offer. Hopefully one of you get it now if you're waiting still.
Tufts
Dates offered 2/2, 2/3, 2/5
Unfortunately they asked me out to prom too late, going to be declining the offer. Hopefully one of you get it now if you're waiting still.
When did you interview?3.92 gpa
AA: 22 PA: 20 TS: 21
I am going to once I pay Pitt. Probably going there... The other three cost $2200, so while it was bad it wasn't terrible.
Holding a seat at FOUR schools...hahaha
Damn brazilian. 8 acceptances? Beast mode unlocked.I am going to once I pay Pitt. Probably going there... The other three cost $2200, so while it was bad it wasn't terrible.
September 12thWhen did you interview?
I think alot of people are also forgetting that people who are holding multiple offers are required to choose 1 by April 1st.
I am not sure how many people have the dough to hold multiple offers but there should be some seats opening up then. I really dont think it's selfish for people to put down a deposit so they have a school to go to while hoping to get an acceptance from their top school. It's the way the system is set up.
I am not sure how many people have the dough to hold multiple offers but there should be some seats opening up then. I really dont think it's selfish for people to put down a deposit so they have a school to go to while hoping to get an acceptance from their top school. It's the way the system is set up.
I can understand both sides.... Depends on which side of the fence you're in haha.I think alot of people are also forgetting that people who are holding multiple offers are required to choose 1 by April 1st.
I am not sure how many people have the dough to hold multiple offers but there should be some seats opening up then. I really dont think it's selfish for people to put down a deposit so they have a school to go to while hoping to get an acceptance from their top school. It's the way the system is set up.
If you're waiting for an interview or an acceptance then of course you would "be hatin'" at those people but if you have multiple acceptances then you would ignore the acceptances you already have and troll around the park while waiting for your "top school" prince to arrive.
I am currently in the I-am-not-rushing-or-being-mean-but-can-you-please-put-down-the-deposit(s)-to-the-school(s)-that-you-like-fast-so-that-we-can-get-the-chance-please-and-try-not-to-wait-super-long-I-really-appreciate-it side of fence.
I can understand both sides.... Depends on which side of the fence you're in haha.
If you're waiting for an interview or an acceptance then of course you would "be hatin'" at those people but if you have multiple acceptances then you would ignore the acceptances you already have and troll around the park while waiting for your "top school" prince to arrive.
I am currently in the I-am-not-rushing-or-being-mean-but-can-you-please-put-down-the-deposit(s)-to-the-school(s)-that-you-like-fast-so-that-we-can-get-the-chance-please-and-try-not-to-wait-super-long-I-really-appreciate-it side of fence.
I hate this side of the fence. 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #5
School: UMD
Notification date: 1/16
Method of notification: Phone Call
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/25
Application complete date: 8/8
GPA (science, overall) 3.62/3.60
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/23/24
dang i almost forgot that this school exists...
Congrats!
To people wanting a shot at UF, MWU-AZ or Nova, I should be withdrawing soon... Sowwy guys 🙁
Interview #5
School: UMD
Notification date: 1/16
Method of notification: Phone Call
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/25
Application complete date: 8/8
GPA (science, overall) 3.62/3.60
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/23/24
I got interview invite on 1/16 as well. Did you call back to confirm?....I got email saying that we need to call their office to confirm by 16 but I did not call back since I got invite phone call on 16.....
Last edited:
Interview invitations #6/#7 from OHSU and USC, will be declining both. Good luck to those who are waiting for an interview!
I'm right there with you! Feeling nervous now about my chances this cycle. This is a very humbling experience to say the least.I hate this side of the fence. 🙁
No because we got invited on the last day of confirmation so we're good. I asked her if I had to call and she said no you're already confirmed. I believe the email they send is confirmation enough. I'll be seeing you there buddy!I got interview invite on 1/16 as well. Did you call back to confirm?....I got email saying that we need to call their office to confirm by 16 but I did not call back since I got invite phone call on 16.....
Why's that? Thanks man.dang i almost forgot that this school exists...
Congrats!
Rejection at UCSF and UNC
Did you interview at UCSF?
Anyone heard back from LECOM or Tufts recently?
I got an acceptance from Tufts on FridayAnyone heard back from LECOM or Tufts recently?
NopeDid you interview at UCSF?
Interview #4
School: Roseman
Notification date: 1/19/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: Cali
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7/2014
Application complete date: Mid July
GPA (science, overall) 3.27, 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/20/17
Will be withdrawing from this one
School: Roseman
Notification date: 1/19/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: Cali
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7/2014
Application complete date: Mid July
GPA (science, overall) 3.27, 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/20/17
Will be withdrawing from this one
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did they place your app under review?Interview #4
School: Roseman
Notification date: 1/19/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: Cali
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7/2014
Application complete date: Mid July
GPA (science, overall) 3.27, 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/20/17
Will be withdrawing from this one
4th interview. Waiting for this one!
School: Temple
Notification Date: 1/20/15
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: Canada
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27/2014
Application Complete Date: 6/13/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.44, 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/19/21/none
School: Temple
Notification Date: 1/20/15
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: Canada
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27/2014
Application Complete Date: 6/13/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.44, 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/19/21/none
September 17!When did they place your app under review?
Interview #1 FINALLY
School: Roseman
Notification date: 1/20/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: Oregon
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/9/2014
Application complete date: Mid July
GPA (science, overall) 3.2, 3.37
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/26/23
School: Roseman
Notification date: 1/20/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: Oregon
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/9/2014
Application complete date: Mid July
GPA (science, overall) 3.2, 3.37
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/26/23
Acceptance #2
Upenn!!!
Interviewed 1/9, got called 1/20
Flipping out
Upenn!!!
Interviewed 1/9, got called 1/20
Flipping out
Interview #4 Feb 2 at UoP!
Congrats! With the military scholarships, Penn's tuition won't be an issue.Acceptance #2
Upenn!!!
Interviewed 1/9, got called 1/20
Flipping out
@herkulis I know! Its surreal at this point.
When did they call you? Was that the last interview day available?Interview #4 Feb 2 at UoP!
Interview #5 at Temple 😀
I see you got an interview at Temple (congrats) but your signature says Buffalo 2019. Will you be declining the Temple interview?
I see you got an interview at Temple (congrats) but your signature says Buffalo 2019. Will you be declining the Temple interview?
I'm still debating over it....i.e Temple is only a couple hours drive. So I want to visit them. But I have made my decision to go to U at Buffalo...So...
When did they call you? Was that the last interview day available?
No, they emailed me. I need to call to schedule the interview. So, I don't know what days are available yet. If I decided to go, I will let you know.
@dzle be careful. I was set on Pacific till I said sure, lets go interview at Upenn I have nothing to lose. Then I got it. Now Im so torn.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@dzle be careful. I was set on Pacific till I said sure, lets go interview at Upenn I have nothing to lose. Then I got it. Now Im so torn.
Wow...It must be a really hard decision for you! I got interview at USC but decline due to cost of tuition. But Temple...humh...Anyway, being an Asian, I think I will go with the cheapest possible option when all the schools are almost the same in term of quality lol
Interview #2
School: U Pacific
Notification date: Early Jan
Method of notification: Call/e-mail
Residency: AL
AADSAS mail-out date: Mid-Aug
Application complete date: Mid-Oct
GPA (science, overall) 3.8+
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22+
Interview #3
School: U Penn
Notification date: Jan 20
Method of notification: Call/e-mail
Residency: AL
AADSAS mail-out date: Mid-Aug
Application complete date: Mid-Oct
GPA (science, overall) 3.8+
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22+
Rough estimates on stats but point is interview at both. I withdrew from U Pacific although interview was this Monday. I chose to interview at U Penn due to cost similarities but U Penn being Ivy.
School: U Pacific
Notification date: Early Jan
Method of notification: Call/e-mail
Residency: AL
AADSAS mail-out date: Mid-Aug
Application complete date: Mid-Oct
GPA (science, overall) 3.8+
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22+
Interview #3
School: U Penn
Notification date: Jan 20
Method of notification: Call/e-mail
Residency: AL
AADSAS mail-out date: Mid-Aug
Application complete date: Mid-Oct
GPA (science, overall) 3.8+
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22+
Rough estimates on stats but point is interview at both. I withdrew from U Pacific although interview was this Monday. I chose to interview at U Penn due to cost similarities but U Penn being Ivy.
They called today at 4 pm. They offered Feb 2 and Feb 5.When did they call you? Was that the last interview day available?
Thanks!!No, they emailed me. I need to call to schedule the interview. So, I don't know what days are available yet. If I decided to go, I will let you know.
Interview #1
School: UNMC
Notification date: September
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NE
AADSAS mail-out date: Mid June
Application complete date: June, 6th
GPA (science, overall) 3.5, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/21 (QRT was a 17)
Result: Waitlisted on Dec. 1st
Interview #2
School: Creighton
Notification date: November
Method of notification: e-mail
Residency: NE
Result: Still waiting on a decision from them. Application is still with the committee
Interview #3
School: MWU-IL
Notification date: Today
Method of notification: e-mail
Residency: NE
Interview Date: March 10th
Hoping for the best!!!! Either Creighton or MWU-IL.
School: UNMC
Notification date: September
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NE
AADSAS mail-out date: Mid June
Application complete date: June, 6th
GPA (science, overall) 3.5, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/21 (QRT was a 17)
Result: Waitlisted on Dec. 1st
Interview #2
School: Creighton
Notification date: November
Method of notification: e-mail
Residency: NE
Result: Still waiting on a decision from them. Application is still with the committee
Interview #3
School: MWU-IL
Notification date: Today
Method of notification: e-mail
Residency: NE
Interview Date: March 10th
Hoping for the best!!!! Either Creighton or MWU-IL.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 80K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 1K
Interviewing
Touro Class of 2031 Interview/Acceptance Thread
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K