-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
~~#OFFICIAL "Interview Hiatus" 2008 PART 2#~~
Started by MDRus
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I was invited to 4 interviews late september, and have yet to hear anything except for a waitlist and a hold. No invites in oct, nothing in november.
December looks promising though.
December looks promising though.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was invited to 4 interviews late september, and have yet to hear anything except for a waitlist and a hold. No invites in oct, nothing in november.
December looks promising though.
I like that attitude. Imma have to adopt that 👍👍👍👍👍
Hey there lucky thread. I was sitting here wondering if you could turn my CDU/UCLA interview into an acceptance. That would be such a blessing. Maybe I should speak those things as though they are and just say thank you for turning it into an acceptance! I am speaking it in faith! A little bit of faith ain't never hurt nobody. LOL! Thank you very much!
December does look good right now doesnt it? hahahaha....positivity baby ........
Also, questions for all the MD people.
Im currenty choosing between AZCOM and Western DO.
taking location out of the picture (im socal)....which school would u think is better and why?
im still waiting on 15 MDs.....Hold at Albany (only MD non-rejection)
3.1, 34S ...... still holding out hope for some MD Love.
Also, questions for all the MD people.
Im currenty choosing between AZCOM and Western DO.
taking location out of the picture (im socal)....which school would u think is better and why?
im still waiting on 15 MDs.....Hold at Albany (only MD non-rejection)
3.1, 34S ...... still holding out hope for some MD Love.
Well, there's more than naive optimism behind my "december looks promising" remark.
I figure that as we transition from secondary season to interview season, schools are going to send out their first wave of invites to the most attractive candidates. So, out of the secondaries they recieve, they'll probably stack up the people who are most attractive and schedule interviews into the fall. Everyone else gets to wait.
As the months pass, and the top candidates get interviewed, they'll accept a few and go back to square one. So we go back over the remnants of the original pool from august plus any late arrivals, and schedule interviews into the spring. There is probably a lull in interviews over the holidays, so it's a good time to send out invitations for Jan-March.
Things could be a bit more staggered, so it won't seem so much like a wave as a gradual high tide. Also, the adcoms could possibly meet over thanksgiving and try to squeeze out a few more interviews in december if they haven't already scheduled anything.
So anyway, this is my prediction, December looks like a good month. That's the bet I'm placing. (But I'm often wrong.)
I figure that as we transition from secondary season to interview season, schools are going to send out their first wave of invites to the most attractive candidates. So, out of the secondaries they recieve, they'll probably stack up the people who are most attractive and schedule interviews into the fall. Everyone else gets to wait.
As the months pass, and the top candidates get interviewed, they'll accept a few and go back to square one. So we go back over the remnants of the original pool from august plus any late arrivals, and schedule interviews into the spring. There is probably a lull in interviews over the holidays, so it's a good time to send out invitations for Jan-March.
Things could be a bit more staggered, so it won't seem so much like a wave as a gradual high tide. Also, the adcoms could possibly meet over thanksgiving and try to squeeze out a few more interviews in december if they haven't already scheduled anything.
So anyway, this is my prediction, December looks like a good month. That's the bet I'm placing. (But I'm often wrong.)
Five interview's between mid-September and mid-October, but now I have nothing until Jan. To be honest though, I'm glad. I could use the break from traveling, I need to save some $$.
So anyway, this is my prediction, December looks like a good month. That's the bet I'm placing. (But I'm often wrong.)
Hey sounds good to me, I'll place my bet right alongside yours (better not roll snake eyes!)
It's been over a month for me as well. I was receiving about 1 interview invite a week from the end of August until October, but since my WVU invite I haven't heard anything...
i have to hear from 21 schools, why do decisions come so slowly?!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One month hiatus here, too.
had four interview invites in september. none since.
but i did get an acceptance. so i guess i dont care that much
but i did get an acceptance. so i guess i dont care that much
Similar threads
- Replies
- 87
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 782
