OFFICIAL Interview Invite Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you wondering about UMontana, the professors have invited their interviewees for the March 16(?) interview day. They do have some waitlisted people for interview day, so if you haven't heard, there is still hope :)

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard about interviews from SLU? I know the email said we would hear by the 28th (tomorrow!). Has anyone heard? Also, has anyone heard answers back if they interviewed at Wheaton or Indiana State?

Just got an email invitation to Seton Hall's interview on March 16.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the Curry program has given out offers, or when they might be planning to do so??
Thanks!!!

I attended their interview on the 23rd, and they said that everyone would know something within the next two weeks. So, by mid-March, hopefully!

anyone heard from UConn, BU, or Denver (child clinical)? Thanks!

I didn't hear anything today. I'm hoping to hear by tomorrow. I hope "on or around the 28th" doesn't mean past the 28th. That's too short of a notice!:confused:

anyone heard from UConn, BU, or Denver (child clinical)? Thanks!
If you're talking interviews, UConn's and BUs went out a long time ago. Sorry for the downer; I didn't get invites there either :-/

I am on the waitlist for U of Oregon - and the POI asked me to keep her updated on my grad admission choices (which are nil right now) ... Any suggestions on how to reply with some sort of optimism mixed with desperation (e.g., none of my other schools have made me any offers, so won't you please?)

I am on the waitlist for U of Oregon - and the POI asked me to keep her updated on my grad admission choices (which are nil right now) ... Any suggestions on how to reply with some sort of optimism mixed with desperation (e.g., none of my other schools have made me any offers, so won't you please?)

I might say something that gets the "U of Oregon remains my top choice and if I were to be offered admission I would seriously consider taking it over any other offers that I've received" point across.

Good luck!

its just annoying. like a couple of schools i knew i would get rejections (cough[yale]cough), but there is one particular school where i was a 'high alternate' last year and SPECIFICALLY told me to reapply this year..... and not even an interview. i want my money back!

I just received an e-mail from SLU inviting me to their interview. :)

& please don't get me wrong. I am beyond thrilled to have been extended an invite from them. BEYOND THRILLED! But, the interviews will be held March 8th, 9th, and 10th. That's a week from tomorrow, by the way. & I just looked up flights from my hometown (Milwaukee). I wonder how they'll feel about helping a poor girl out with a +$500 plane ticket...

I just received an e-mail from SLU inviting me to their interview. :)

& please don't get me wrong. I am beyond thrilled to have been extended an invite from them. BEYOND THRILLED! But, the interviews will be held March 8th, 9th, and 10th. That's a week from tomorrow, by the way. & I just looked up flights from my hometown (Milwaukee). I wonder how they'll feel about helping a poor girl out with a +$500 plane ticket...

Check out travelocity's last minute deals. You can get flight plus hotel from Milwaukee to St. Louis for around $280 for next weekend, flight plus car for $236 (and you don't have to actually pick up the car if you don't want to use it).
http://travelocity.lmdeals.com/index.html?in_origination_key=2041
... I've found it very helpful for those last-minute interview notifications.
Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I finally broke down and called the offices for U of Utah and U of Michigan to find out if they have extended all interview invitations. Unfortunately, the graduate secretaries from the schools confirmed that they have in fact sent all invites out :( I guess the fact that I didn't get rejected from Mich while others have was nothing more than an oversight. The heartbreak continues!

Also check the airline's websites - I've found that they soemtimes have better deals than the discount travel websites like travelocity.

I just got my email inviting me to attend SLU's interview weekend! I'll probably go early on the 8th, since I have another interview on the 9th elsewhere. Is anyone else going on that day or arriving the day before?

Check out travelocity's last minute deals. You can get flight plus hotel from Milwaukee to St. Louis for around $280 for next weekend, flight plus car for $236 (and you don't have to actually pick up the car if you don't want to use it).
http://travelocity.lmdeals.com/index.html?in_origination_key=2041
... I've found it very helpful for those last-minute interview notifications.
Good luck!

Exactly.

The other way to get cheap deals are to find 'hidden city' deals.....flights that have plane changes in your choice city; you just get off and don't continue onto the last leg. Just let an employee know (so you don't delay the flight) This works best in "hub" cities like Dallas, Chicago, etc.

Some lesser known (but great) travel websites:

www.travelworm.com
www.travelaxe.com
www.qixo.com
www.kayak.com

-t

I guess I didn't get invited! Bummer.... oh well! I guess 2 interviews out of 4 apps isn't too terrible... still a bummer!

Exactly.

The other way to get cheap deals are to find 'hidden city' deals.....flights that have plane changes in your choice city; you just get off and don't continue onto the last leg. Just let an employee know (so you don't delay the flight) This works best in "hub" cities like Dallas, Chicago, etc.

Some lesser known (but great) travel websites:

www.travelworm.com
www.travelaxe.com
www.qixo.com
www.kayak.com

-t

While at first glance that sounds wonderful, wouldn't that cause a problem with baggage? It sounds like you may be in the right city but your bag may continue on elsewhere!

My advice to anyone flying anywhere is to never check baggage. On all of my interview trips I only went with carry-ons. My family of 4 went to Europe for 2.5 weeks on just carry-ons for all of us. I hate dealing with checking luggage.

If you want tips on packing, just let me know ;-)

While at first glance that sounds wonderful, wouldn't that cause a problem with baggage? It sounds like you may be in the right city but your bag may continue on elsewhere!

Ah yes...i forgot to mention, you need to do 'carry on' only. :laugh:

It saved me a sig. amount of money when I flew north last year (I was tying in a trip to las vegas for a long weekend, and because of a 'hidden fare' I saved $ on one leg of the trip...which made my trip to vegas $50 w/hotel for 4 days, which I prompted made up in food/drink comps. :laugh: )

-t

I finally broke down and called the offices for U of Utah and U of Michigan to find out if they have extended all interview invitations. Unfortunately, the graduate secretaries from the schools confirmed that they have in fact sent all invites out :(

You'd think that these programs/departments would put up a General Announcement web page so that prospective students could keep abreast of things and as a courtesy to themselves. This way they wouldn't have to endure endless phone calls from eager students.

Yes, please do not check your baggage (unless it's emotional in nature ;) )! One of the places I interviewed at had a student last year who lost his baggage somewhere during his flight. They took him to Walmart so he could buy some more clothes to interview in. He was one of the few who got to interview in jeans and no one said anything to him.

I was at St. John's...very relaxed atmosphere...formal presentation by chair, informal Q&A, then small group interview with 2 profs, 2 candidates and 1 current student. Very low key and not too intense. I liked the program and the students and professors with whom I met.
Assuming you're going Friday...Good luck!

Thanks for the info! Doesn't sound too bad... Good luck to you too with everything!:thumbup:

I checked my application status at Fordham just to see whether the official rejection would be posted, but strangely enough, my page was updated yesterday (they'd posted some of my application details that weren't there before)...but still no decision...Strange. Why would they bother updating my application details when I wasn't even asked to the interview??????????

I checked my application status at Fordham just to see whether the official rejection would be posted, but strangely enough, my page was updated yesterday (they'd posted some of my application details that weren't there before)...but still no decision...Strange. Why would they bother updating my application details when I wasn't even asked to the interview??????????

Arrgggg!!! How hard is it to sent a electronic reject letter. They already know whose not getting in if you did't get an interview. I've given up on Fordham having any type of organization.

the same thing happened to me with Fordham. I called today and they said that if I hadn't received anything than I wasn't being considered. I also never heard anything from St. Johns'--assuming rejection.

Anyone heard anything from John Jay Clinical - Forensic phD program?

Hi, I interviewed at Fordham on Feb 9th and received a rejection email today...

sorry thats so wierd because when I spoke to someone in the psych department she told me that they did not send electronic rejections and that they would be mailing out rejections next week.

I got an interview invite to UMontana Clinicial PhD program today from my POI after a phone interview.

I interviewed at Fordham on 2/12 and got a rejection email today as well. :( I'll I've ever had is electronic communication with Fordham.

Yes, please do not check your baggage (unless it's emotional in nature ;) )! One of the places I interviewed at had a student last year who lost his baggage somewhere during his flight. They took him to Walmart so he could buy some more clothes to interview in. He was one of the few who got to interview in jeans and no one said anything to him.

Wow, that exact same thing happened to me at an interview (including going to Walmart)-- I wonder if they were talking about me. Except I'm a girl. And it wasn't last year, it was a few years back.

Did anyone apply to Brooklyn College?

Wow, that exact same thing happened to me at an interview (including going to Walmart)-- I wonder if they were talking about me. Except I'm a girl. And it wasn't last year, it was a few years back.

:eek: Oooh, that sucketh! The time is stressful as is, without attempting to do last minute shopping (literally!) for interview attire.

:eek: Oooh, that sucketh! The time is stressful as is, without attempting to do last minute shopping (literally!) for interview attire.

It unfortunately happened to a girl on my first interview but she handled it well and still looked good in the clothing she bought. Talk about a stress interview, however!

It unfortunately happened to a girl on my first interview but she handled it well and still looked good in the clothing she bought. Talk about a stress interview, however!

Just be glad we're not applying to med schools. From some of their applicants' stories, I think they really do a lot more "stress" interviewing than psych programs.

I got interviews at UC, Xavier (PsyD), Kent, Wright State (PsyD).

Does UC mean Cincinnati? Sorry if that should be obvious, I'm just not sure.

Does UC mean Cincinnati? Sorry if that should be obvious, I'm just not sure.

Yes, it does. It would only be obvious if you're from that area. Sorry, I should have been more specific.

Has anyone heard anything recently about any of these schools?

York University (clinical phd)
Geroge Washington University (clinical phd)

Or have you heard from Pepperdine (psyd) post interview?

Thank you!

Thank you!

Hey! Did you get my message over the weekend? I just spoke with someone in the psychology department at York. She told me that no update has been made on my application and that she'll know more in the next week. Unfortunately she also said that they are mostly looking to take MA students and very few if any PhDs!! Not sure if I should contact my POI at this point... thoughts? I haven't done that for any of my other schools but I'm very tempted now...

Thank you!

I spoke with admissions yesterday and they said there are two admission meetings, one today and one next tuesday, at which point they will begin sending out acceptances/rejections. They also said they will be calling those who have been offered admission first, before sending out letters. So you'll know I guess mid to late march.

Widener and Yeshiva are still sending out interview invitations

Anyone else waiting to hear from BC, UVA (curry - which isn't looking so good for me right now)...?