-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Official "Interviews Offered" Thread
Started by CS_22
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
corpsmanUP said:Well, so much for the prediction of the flood gates opening as of the 1st of November. I suppose maybe it will occur by next week. Back to nail biting and Maalox drinking. 🙁
LOL... Actually, I've been thinking the same thing the last couple of days too. I thought for sure we had applications that were just sitting on PD's desks until the Dean's Letters showed up, and we'd get tons of interviews at 12:01 am November 1st. Never happened. So more frantic email checking on a daily basis.
CS
Adding Christiana Care, Indiana, Johns Hopkins and Ole Miss today.
To date:
UAB
Orlando
USF
UVa
Vandy
Cincinnati
Louisville
MCG
ECU
Duke
LSU-BR
UTSW
Christiana Care
Ole Miss
Johns Hopkins
Indiana
Don't worry - I will be cancelling/declining some in the next couple of days.
MJ
To date:
UAB
Orlando
USF
UVa
Vandy
Cincinnati
Louisville
MCG
ECU
Duke
LSU-BR
UTSW
Christiana Care
Ole Miss
Johns Hopkins
Indiana
Don't worry - I will be cancelling/declining some in the next couple of days.
MJ Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
While applicants can think of nothing else except for the (hopefully) forth coming interviews, PDs and interview committees do still have other obligations - shifts, research, etc. So give it a few days before completely chewing off your fingertips.
Seems like you guys who are writing on here that your worried have the most interviews! How about us that have not reached double digits yet, and I think there are still some people waiting for their first.
It has been a dissapointment though since Nov 1. Was thinking there would be a rush, which hasn't happened for me at least. Was at 7 before the 1st, and got one additional since. With only 8 I am still nervous about matching in EM...need a few more to be able to sleep at night (without ambien...lol!).
Hopefully the pd who suggested there are still lots to come is right.
It has been a dissapointment though since Nov 1. Was thinking there would be a rush, which hasn't happened for me at least. Was at 7 before the 1st, and got one additional since. With only 8 I am still nervous about matching in EM...need a few more to be able to sleep at night (without ambien...lol!).
Hopefully the pd who suggested there are still lots to come is right.
Just adding Indiana from Today, I'm going to be a traveling machine come december/jan 😱 I just can't wait the 4 more days till the boards....why oh why did I decide to do a Sub I in the MICU at the same time as the boards 😕 ...
Indy
Utah
Cincinnati
Duke
Hennepin
Michigan
Vanderbilt
BWH/MGH Harvard

Indy
Utah
Cincinnati
Duke
Hennepin
Michigan
Vanderbilt
BWH/MGH Harvard

I attended the SAEM conference in NYC last spring. Some PDs said expect bulk of invites between Nov 7 and beyond, but looking at my symposium notes I see a powerpoint by one PD who writes "Most invitations will come between 1 November and 21 November, with another 20% going into the second week of December."
So there's hope for us. I'm curious about that "magic number" of interviews needed to match. What is it?
Thanks.
So there's hope for us. I'm curious about that "magic number" of interviews needed to match. What is it?
Thanks.
It seems to me that most programs interview 10 times as many people as positions available..Using this logic I would say each place you interview you have at least a 10% chance...I would feel reasonably confident with 10, and very happy with 15.
Just my 2 cents though.
Just my 2 cents though.
Good day! Heard from Pitt and Mayo. If I get Indy I will be done with scheduling. Planning to at least do 12 and maybe more if I can stomach the travel!
YTD:
LSU-Baton Rouge
Texas Tech
U-Iowa
UMKC-Truman
U-Illinois Peoria
U-Kentucky
U-Cincinnatti
Duke
MCG
Pitt
Mayo
UTSW
Scott and White
U-Arkansas
U-Maryland
Einstein
Geisinger
Penn State
YTD:
LSU-Baton Rouge
Texas Tech
U-Iowa
UMKC-Truman
U-Illinois Peoria
U-Kentucky
U-Cincinnatti
Duke
MCG
Pitt
Mayo
UTSW
Scott and White
U-Arkansas
U-Maryland
Einstein
Geisinger
Penn State
Adding Johns Hopkins today...
so far...
Johns Hopkins
UMD
Georgetown
Louisville
VCU
Wake Forest
Duke
Vanderbilt
MCG
UAB
UTSW
I actually didn't apply to nearly as many programs as most people here so I will be cancelling from this list soon. Just waiting on a few more key programs.
so far...
Johns Hopkins
UMD
Georgetown
Louisville
VCU
Wake Forest
Duke
Vanderbilt
MCG
UAB
UTSW
I actually didn't apply to nearly as many programs as most people here so I will be cancelling from this list soon. Just waiting on a few more key programs.
Highland today. psyched!
MGH/B&W
BI
Christ
Michigan
Cinci
Sinai
Cooper/Camden
U Chicago
Hank Ford
Highland
Anyone want my midnight shift tonight?
MGH/B&W
BI
Christ
Michigan
Cinci
Sinai
Cooper/Camden
U Chicago
Hank Ford
Highland
Anyone want my midnight shift tonight?
Onward with the
of the day Some new love today.. Alleghany, and Ole Miss REJECTED from Highland
1) Wright State
2) Ohio State U
3) St Vincent
4) Resurrection
5) Cook County
6) Wayne State - Detroit Medical Center
7) St John
8) Lincoln
9) LIJ
10) North Shore U
11) Missouri, KC - Truman
12) Mayo
13) Grand Rapids -Spectrum
14) Wayne State - Sinai Grace
15) UC - Irvine
16) Texas A&M - Scott and White
Cancelled - UAB, LSUHC, MLK, Albany, Einstein - Philly, Syracuse, Temple, ECU - Brody, Arkansas, York, PA, ORMC, Ole Miss, Alleghany
New Column.. Gulp...
Rejected - Highland
Still hoping for interviews from Emory, MCG, Wash U, MD, Gtown, GW, UT-Houston others might be added and UPenn since it is my alma mater.

of the day Some new love today.. Alleghany, and Ole Miss REJECTED from Highland 1) Wright State
2) Ohio State U
3) St Vincent
4) Resurrection
5) Cook County
6) Wayne State - Detroit Medical Center
7) St John
8) Lincoln
9) LIJ
10) North Shore U
11) Missouri, KC - Truman
12) Mayo
13) Grand Rapids -Spectrum
14) Wayne State - Sinai Grace
15) UC - Irvine
16) Texas A&M - Scott and White
Cancelled - UAB, LSUHC, MLK, Albany, Einstein - Philly, Syracuse, Temple, ECU - Brody, Arkansas, York, PA, ORMC, Ole Miss, Alleghany
New Column.. Gulp...
Rejected - Highland
Still hoping for interviews from Emory, MCG, Wash U, MD, Gtown, GW, UT-Houston others might be added and UPenn since it is my alma mater.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've decided to pull out of the NRMP & only go with the Osteo match.
Good luck to you all. 👍
Good luck to you all. 👍
Dr. Mom Good luck to you too!
YTD:
Mayo
Duke
Utah
Tucson
New Mexico
Ohio State
UT Southwestern
Hennepin and Regions
Maine
Penn State
Jacksonville
Resurrection
U Illinois Chicago
Peoria
Highland
Omaha
Grand Rapids
Temple
Fresno
Med Col Virginia
Eastern Virginia
Allegheny
U Maryland

Mayo
Duke
Utah
Tucson
New Mexico
Ohio State
UT Southwestern
Hennepin and Regions
Maine
Penn State
Jacksonville
Resurrection
U Illinois Chicago
Peoria
Highland
Omaha
Grand Rapids
Temple
Fresno
Med Col Virginia
Eastern Virginia
Allegheny
U Maryland

Maybe it's just southern hospitality but I got my first. Thanks Ole Miss!!!
mward04
SDN Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Partner Organization
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
drkp said:Maybe it's just southern hospitality but I got my first. Thanks Ole Miss!!!
Congrats!!! 👍
Onward with the
of the day GOT ONE OF MY wanted top choices Wash U!! also got MSU-Kalamazoo REJECTED from New Mexico, Duke (first college now this?)
1) Wright State
2) Ohio State U
3) St Vincent
4) Resurrection
5) Cook County
6) Wayne State - Detroit Medical Center
7) St John
8) Lincoln
9) LIJ
10) North Shore U
11) Missouri, KC - Truman
12) Mayo
13) Grand Rapids -Spectrum
14) Wayne State - Sinai Grace
15) UC - Irvine
16) Texas A&M - Scott and White
17) Wash U in STL
Cancelled - UAB, LSUHC, MLK, Albany, Einstein - Philly, Syracuse, Temple, ECU - Brody, Arkansas, York, PA, ORMC, Ole Miss, Alleghany, MSU Kalamazoo
New Column.. Gulp...
Rejected - Highland, Duke, New Mexico
Crossed one of of this list! Still hoping for interviews from Emory, MCG, MD, Gtown, GW, UT-Houston others might be added and UPenn since it is my alma mater.

of the day GOT ONE OF MY wanted top choices Wash U!! also got MSU-Kalamazoo REJECTED from New Mexico, Duke (first college now this?)1) Wright State
2) Ohio State U
3) St Vincent
4) Resurrection
5) Cook County
6) Wayne State - Detroit Medical Center
7) St John
8) Lincoln
9) LIJ
10) North Shore U
11) Missouri, KC - Truman
12) Mayo
13) Grand Rapids -Spectrum
14) Wayne State - Sinai Grace
15) UC - Irvine
16) Texas A&M - Scott and White
17) Wash U in STL
Cancelled - UAB, LSUHC, MLK, Albany, Einstein - Philly, Syracuse, Temple, ECU - Brody, Arkansas, York, PA, ORMC, Ole Miss, Alleghany, MSU Kalamazoo
New Column.. Gulp...
Rejected - Highland, Duke, New Mexico
Crossed one of of this list! Still hoping for interviews from Emory, MCG, MD, Gtown, GW, UT-Houston others might be added and UPenn since it is my alma mater.

Added today: Kansas City
YTD:
1) UT-Houston
2) Greenville, NC (East Carolina)
3) Texas A&M / Scott & White
4) Texas Tech / El Paso
5) Kentucky
6) Arkansas
7) LSU-Shreveport
8) Duke
9) UM-Kansas City / Truman
Cancelled:
10) LSU / Baton Rouge
YTD:
1) UT-Houston
2) Greenville, NC (East Carolina)
3) Texas A&M / Scott & White
4) Texas Tech / El Paso
5) Kentucky
6) Arkansas
7) LSU-Shreveport
8) Duke
9) UM-Kansas City / Truman
Cancelled:
10) LSU / Baton Rouge
Got Penn today too. Love the alma mater!
I don't know if I have any that make me unique, but here's the update...
Offered (from west to east):
Denver
Hennepin
Iowa
MCW
Christ
Res
Northwestern
Indy
Cinci
Wright St
OSU
MetroHealth
Pitt
Christiana
Baystate
Cancelled:
Wright State
Res
Will likely cancel soon (but still being indecisive):
Christ
Iowa (it's hard to turn down the alma mater, ya know)
Christiana
As an aside, does anyone else find this process to be more of a pain in the a$$ than they anticipated? I already think it sucks and I haven't really even done anything yet. Oh well, at least it's not expensive, right? right? right.
Offered (from west to east):
Denver
Hennepin
Iowa
MCW
Christ
Res
Northwestern
Indy
Cinci
Wright St
OSU
MetroHealth
Pitt
Christiana
Baystate
Cancelled:
Wright State
Res
Will likely cancel soon (but still being indecisive):
Christ
Iowa (it's hard to turn down the alma mater, ya know)
Christiana
As an aside, does anyone else find this process to be more of a pain in the a$$ than they anticipated? I already think it sucks and I haven't really even done anything yet. Oh well, at least it's not expensive, right? right? right.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey i got wash u- st. louis today...they said in their email that they mostly offer interviews in Jan, but "strong" candidates get them in nov/dec or something like that. strong? me? whaa..? 🙂
anyway, thats it for today...its not the rush i was hoping for, but they're trickling in slowly but surely 😉
Accepted:
Wash U
UTSW
SUNY Downstate
Resurrection
Brooklyn Med. Center
NJ Cooper/Camden
Wayne State
Mt. Sinai
Henry Ford
Yale
NY Methodist
U Of Maryland
Cancelled:
Lincoln
Cook County
Scott & White
Tx. Tech
anyway, thats it for today...its not the rush i was hoping for, but they're trickling in slowly but surely 😉
Accepted:
Wash U
UTSW
SUNY Downstate
Resurrection
Brooklyn Med. Center
NJ Cooper/Camden
Wayne State
Mt. Sinai
Henry Ford
Yale
NY Methodist
U Of Maryland
Cancelled:
Lincoln
Cook County
Scott & White
Tx. Tech
Another today: Louisville, KY
YTD:
1) UT-Houston
2) Greenville, NC (East Carolina)
3) Texas A&M / Scott & White
4) Texas Tech / El Paso
5) Kentucky
6) Arkansas
7) LSU-Shreveport
8) Duke
9) UM-Kansas City / Truman
10) Louisville, KY
Cancelled:
11) LSU / Baton Rouge
YTD:
1) UT-Houston
2) Greenville, NC (East Carolina)
3) Texas A&M / Scott & White
4) Texas Tech / El Paso
5) Kentucky
6) Arkansas
7) LSU-Shreveport
8) Duke
9) UM-Kansas City / Truman
10) Louisville, KY
Cancelled:
11) LSU / Baton Rouge
Adding South Carolina (via snail mail).....and a big fat ole' REJECTION from Highland 😀
Got South Carolina today as well via snail mail; also LSU-NO/Charity.
YTD
UAB
Orlando
USF
UVa
Vandy
Cincinnati
Louisville
MCG
ECU
Duke
LSU-BR
UTSW
Christiana Care
Ole Miss
Johns Hopkins
Indiana
South Carolina
LSU-NO
I will likely cancel/decline some tonight and tomorrow; must discuss first with the hubby, since he's the one who's going to have to find a job and live there too.
Also, when I scheduled my Johns Hopkins interview, the coordinator told me they offer invites every other day. So they won't offer again until at least Friday.
MJ
YTD
UAB
Orlando
USF
UVa
Vandy
Cincinnati
Louisville
MCG
ECU
Duke
LSU-BR
UTSW
Christiana Care
Ole Miss
Johns Hopkins
Indiana
South Carolina
LSU-NO
I will likely cancel/decline some tonight and tomorrow; must discuss first with the hubby, since he's the one who's going to have to find a job and live there too.
Also, when I scheduled my Johns Hopkins interview, the coordinator told me they offer invites every other day. So they won't offer again until at least Friday.
MJAfter what seemed like the slowest week ever, got a little busier today.
Added Thomas Jefferson, William Beaumont, and (WOOHOO!) Louisville today. Decided to cancel Nebraska today as well. Only a handful more that I really want. Hoping for Indiana, or anything in Virginia, Carolinas, or Florida. So currently looking like this --
YTD
UM EM/Peds
Georgetown
Louisville
Resurrection
East Carolina
Washington U
St. Luke's - Roosevelt
Scott & White
Truman
Wright State
Iowa
LSU - Baton Rouge
Cancellations
LSU - Shreveport
Cooper
Synergy
Wayne State - Detroit Receiving
Wayne State - Sinai Grace[/QUOTE]
UCONN
Allegheny
York, PA
NY Methodist
William Beaumont
Maimonides
Nebraska
Waitlist
Kentucky
Oh, and my Dean was way off...
Added Thomas Jefferson, William Beaumont, and (WOOHOO!) Louisville today. Decided to cancel Nebraska today as well. Only a handful more that I really want. Hoping for Indiana, or anything in Virginia, Carolinas, or Florida. So currently looking like this --
YTD
UM EM/Peds
Georgetown
Louisville
Resurrection
East Carolina
Washington U
St. Luke's - Roosevelt
Scott & White
Truman
Wright State
Iowa
LSU - Baton Rouge
Cancellations
LSU - Shreveport
Cooper
Synergy
Wayne State - Detroit Receiving
Wayne State - Sinai Grace[/QUOTE]
UCONN
Allegheny
York, PA
NY Methodist
William Beaumont
Maimonides
Nebraska
Waitlist
Kentucky
Oh, and my Dean was way off...
saffron said:hey i got wash u- st. louis today...they said in their email that they mostly offer interviews in Jan, but "strong" candidates get them in nov/dec or something like that. strong? me? whaa..? 🙂
anyway, thats it for today...its not the rush i was hoping for, but they're trickling in slowly but surely 😉
Saffron,
Maybe you are better than I am but my Wash U invite said that I was early rather than strong.. Am I early or am I wrong?
Also added William Beaumont (which I will add to my update tomorrow)
Congrats to everyone! It def starts to get exciting from here on out!
EctopicFetus said:Saffron,
Maybe you are better than I am but my Wash U invite said that I was early rather than strong.. Am I early or am I wrong?
Also added William Beaumont (which I will add to my update tomorrow)
Congrats to everyone! It def starts to get exciting from here on out!
not sure...their invite was like a freakin novel...anyway, heres the paragraph:
Since you made the effort to get your material in order so quickly and are a
strong candidate, wed like to return the favor by making a slightly early
offer of an interview. This offer is being made to a selected group of
applicants and is intended to simplify schedules, plane tickets, etc. As such,
wed be happy to give you an early shot at our interview dates in November or
December. In general, we try to save dates in January for those that are
offered an interview later in the cycle, but if you will not be interviewing
until January, we would be happy to reserve a spot for you.
looks like we are early and strong 😉
Added Louisville, WashU, and East Virginia
Spectrum
S&W
UTSW
Kentucky
East Carolina
Duke
Mayo
UF Jackonsville
Arkansas
MCG
WashU
EV
Louisville
Cancelled
LSU-S
LSU-BR
'stain
Spectrum
S&W
UTSW
Kentucky
East Carolina
Duke
Mayo
UF Jackonsville
Arkansas
MCG
WashU
EV
Louisville
Cancelled
LSU-S
LSU-BR
'stain
Added GW, Georgetown, New Mexico, Chicago today
YTD:
UNC
Duke
Maricopa
Maryland
Maine
Pittsburgh
Northwestern
New Mexico
Georgetown
GW
Cinci
Hennepin
Vandy
UChicago
Maryland (EM/IM)
FYI: for those people waiting on Carolinas, I've been told in past years they waited until mid to late November before offering interviews.....
YTD:
UNC
Duke
Maricopa
Maryland
Maine
Pittsburgh
Northwestern
New Mexico
Georgetown
GW
Cinci
Hennepin
Vandy
UChicago
Maryland (EM/IM)
FYI: for those people waiting on Carolinas, I've been told in past years they waited until mid to late November before offering interviews.....
saffron said:not sure...their invite was like a freakin novel...anyway, heres the paragraph:
Since you made the effort to get your material in order so quickly and are a
strong candidate, wed like to return the favor by making a slightly early
offer of an interview. This offer is being made to a selected group of
applicants and is intended to simplify schedules, plane tickets, etc. As such,
wed be happy to give you an early shot at our interview dates in November or
December. In general, we try to save dates in January for those that are
offered an interview later in the cycle, but if you will not be interviewing
until January, we would be happy to reserve a spot for you.
looks like we are early and strong 😉
Reading IS Fundamental.. I better get back to basics. I guess I was so excited I skipped the "strong" bit. I double checked mine and it DID say the same thing. Im going back to read Dr. Suess. Anyone with other things I should read to work on my reading comprehension skills.
First full out rejection today, New Mexico. I find it odd that I could get an interview at Indy, Pitt, Mayo, Duke, and all the other places on my list but somehow be incompetent in the eyes of the state with the worst healthcare in the country. And I speak Spanish for God's sake! I guess their trying to import some fullblood caucasians 🙂
On a better note, I got Indy today and thus anything after my current list is not only icing on the cake, but means inevitible cancellations.
So, YTD:
LSU Baton Rouge
Texas Tech
Iowa
UMKC Truman
UI Peoria
Mayo
Kentucky
Indiana
Cincinnatti
Duke
Einstein
Maryland
Medical College of Georgia
UTSW
Scott and White
Pitt
Alleghany
Geinsinger
Penn State
Ohio State
Cancelled or Cancelling
Maryland
Einstein
Alleghany (never actually scheduled)
On a better note, I got Indy today and thus anything after my current list is not only icing on the cake, but means inevitible cancellations.
So, YTD:
LSU Baton Rouge
Texas Tech
Iowa
UMKC Truman
UI Peoria
Mayo
Kentucky
Indiana
Cincinnatti
Duke
Einstein
Maryland
Medical College of Georgia
UTSW
Scott and White
Pitt
Alleghany
Geinsinger
Penn State
Ohio State
Cancelled or Cancelling
Maryland
Einstein
Alleghany (never actually scheduled)
rossguy31 said:Have been rejected from Maine twice so far today and its only noon...guess they just wanted to kick me while I was down...will update if they reject me again.
Me too. The first e-mail almost looks like a draft to me (while the second one is a bit more professional). Maybe somebody made a mistake and has to work in Fast Track the next two weeks.
corpsmanUP said:First full out rejection today, New Mexico. I find it odd that I could get an interview at Indy, Pitt, Mayo, Duke, and all the other places on my list but somehow be incompetent in the eyes of the state with the worst healthcare in the country. And I speak Spanish for God's sake! I guess their trying to import some fullblood caucasians 🙂
I really wouldn't read too much into which programs reject you. EM is competitive and the PDs have a ton of applications to sort through. What they see on their computer is such a small representation of who you are that there is no way a decision to not offer an interview means they don't think you'll make a good emergency physician.
Of course, knowing this doesn't make getting rejections suck any less. 🙂 From that standpoint, please allow me to say "I feel (felt) your pain".
Take care and good luck!
Jeff
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got EVMS today.
YTD
UAB
Orlando
USF
Vandy
Cincinnati
Louisville
MCG
ECU
Duke
Christiana Care
Johns Hopkins
Indiana
South Carolina
LSU-NO
Declined/cancelled
Ole Miss
LSU-BR
UVA
UTSW
EVMS
MJ
YTD
UAB
Orlando
USF
Vandy
Cincinnati
Louisville
MCG
ECU
Duke
Christiana Care
Johns Hopkins
Indiana
South Carolina
LSU-NO
Declined/cancelled
Ole Miss
LSU-BR
UVA
UTSW
EVMS
MJU of Rochester today
EM
Brown
New Mexico
U of Rochester
Henry Ford
Case Western
Mt Sinai
UConn
EM/IM
LIJ
UIC
SUNY
Maryland
Henry Ford
Allegheny
Rejections-
Highland
Duke
(OH Yeah, well I did want to go to your stupid residency program anyway)
lukin
EM
Brown
New Mexico
U of Rochester
Henry Ford
Case Western
Mt Sinai
UConn
EM/IM
LIJ
UIC
SUNY
Maryland
Henry Ford
Allegheny
Rejections-
Highland
Duke
(OH Yeah, well I did want to go to your stupid residency program anyway)
lukin
Similar threads
- Replies
- 189
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 11
- Views
- 2K