-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Official "Interviews Offered" Thread
Started by CS_22
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Radiohead said:I have 20/21 invites so far, and the lone holdout is Johns Hopkins. Hopefully they go in alphabetical order like MCG. Oh wait, my last name starts with G. Damn it.
Don't sweat - we've only gone through half of our applications.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Radiohead said:I have 20/21 invites so far, and the lone holdout is Johns Hopkins. Hopefully they go in alphabetical order like MCG. Oh wait, my last name starts with G. Damn it.
Funny right before I pulled my comp up. I was thinking.. hmm "when will I hear from Hopkins".. LOL.. of course I was also praying about Emory.
Onward with the
of the day. Waiting for Monday with Emory. New developments... Got UT-HOUSTON (another one off of the list)! 👍 🙂 , Yale, and UConn, got B slapped by Utah, NW and Oregon. I guess not being a West Coast Guy hurts me huh? Well outside of U of AZ I have almost no interest going out there!
1) Wright State
2) Ohio State U
3) St Vincent
4) Resurrection - Interviewed on 11/7
5) Cook County
6) UT-Houston
7) Eastern Va
8) Yale
9) Wash U in STL
10) Michigan
11) Missouri, KC - Truman
12) MCW
13) MCG
14) Boston Medical
15) BIDMC
Cancelled/Threw away $$ (35) - Einstein - Philly, Temple, LSUHC, UAB, Albany, Arkansas, ECU - Brody, Texas A&M - Scott and White, York-PA, SUNY-Syracuse, Allegheny, Ole Miss, Penn State Hershey, UPENN, Case Western/Metrohealth, LSU-NO, PITT, Buffalo, MLK, ORMC, St John, Wayne State - Sinai Grace, Grand Rapids -Spectrum, Lincoln, LIJ, North Shore U, Mayo, MSU Kalamazoo, Illinois Peoria, William Beaumont, Baystate, Henry Ford, UC-Irvine, Wayne State - Detroit Medical Center, UConn
Gulp... Thankfully it turns out these arent on my short list...
Rejected (9) - Highland, Duke, New Mexico, Maine, Cincy, UCSD, Utah, NW and Oregon!
Still hoping for interviews from Emory
, U Arizona, MD, Gtown, GW, others might be added

of the day. Waiting for Monday with Emory. New developments... Got UT-HOUSTON (another one off of the list)! 👍 🙂 , Yale, and UConn, got B slapped by Utah, NW and Oregon. I guess not being a West Coast Guy hurts me huh? Well outside of U of AZ I have almost no interest going out there! 1) Wright State
2) Ohio State U
3) St Vincent
4) Resurrection - Interviewed on 11/7
5) Cook County
6) UT-Houston
7) Eastern Va
8) Yale
9) Wash U in STL
10) Michigan
11) Missouri, KC - Truman
12) MCW
13) MCG
14) Boston Medical
15) BIDMC
Cancelled/Threw away $$ (35) - Einstein - Philly, Temple, LSUHC, UAB, Albany, Arkansas, ECU - Brody, Texas A&M - Scott and White, York-PA, SUNY-Syracuse, Allegheny, Ole Miss, Penn State Hershey, UPENN, Case Western/Metrohealth, LSU-NO, PITT, Buffalo, MLK, ORMC, St John, Wayne State - Sinai Grace, Grand Rapids -Spectrum, Lincoln, LIJ, North Shore U, Mayo, MSU Kalamazoo, Illinois Peoria, William Beaumont, Baystate, Henry Ford, UC-Irvine, Wayne State - Detroit Medical Center, UConn
Gulp... Thankfully it turns out these arent on my short list...
Rejected (9) - Highland, Duke, New Mexico, Maine, Cincy, UCSD, Utah, NW and Oregon!
Still hoping for interviews from Emory
, U Arizona, MD, Gtown, GW, others might be added 
My updated list...
UT Houston
S&W
UTSW
Kentucky
East Carolina
Duke
Tampa
UF Jacksonville
Arkansas
MCG
WashU
EV
Louisville
Vanderbilt
Cancelled
LSU-S
LSU-BR
Spectrum
Mayo
No rejections
Still waiting on: Orlando, Wake, UNC, Carolinas, Denver, UArizona, Maricopa, UNM, Emory, South Carolina, Gtown
'stain
UT Houston
S&W
UTSW
Kentucky
East Carolina
Duke
Tampa
UF Jacksonville
Arkansas
MCG
WashU
EV
Louisville
Vanderbilt
Cancelled
LSU-S
LSU-BR
Spectrum
Mayo
No rejections
Still waiting on: Orlando, Wake, UNC, Carolinas, Denver, UArizona, Maricopa, UNM, Emory, South Carolina, Gtown
'stain
B
BlackCloud9978
everyday this process baffles me more......I get an interview at Emory but Utah rejects me???????? this after my personal statement talks about snowboarding in Utah!!!!!!! maybe it's for the best......seems like a very homogenious population in salt lake. on top of that I haven't heard from places I thought I would have---uh Buffalo, Baystate.......this is really odd to me.
UT Houstont today.
Rejected from NWU 🙁 -- ohwell, it was a 4 year program anyway. I wonder, do they NOT interview people from state schools?
Rejected from NWU 🙁 -- ohwell, it was a 4 year program anyway. I wonder, do they NOT interview people from state schools?
BlackCloud9978 said:everyday this process baffles me more......I get an interview at Emory but Utah rejects me???????? this after my personal statement talks about snowboarding in Utah!!!!!!! maybe it's for the best......seems like a very homogenious population in salt lake. on top of that I haven't heard from places I thought I would have---uh Buffalo, Baystate.......this is really odd to me.
This process totally cracks me up. I am freakin dying for Emory and I got interviews from both Buffalo and Baystate neither of which I covet and have since dropped. What a process! Hopefully Emory drops me some +tive news on Monday!
UT Houstont today.
Rejected from NWU -- ohwell, it was a 4 year program anyway. I wonder, do they NOT interview people from state schools?
I also got ixnayed from NW today. They have a serious bias vs some schools mine included. NO ONE from my school has gotten an interview there in like 5 or 6 years. We send over 20 people into EM per yr and the avg board score of those we send in is 228. Who knows! Personally I am over it. Lots of other fine programs in the Chi to choose from!
B
BlackCloud9978
EctopicFetus said:This process totally cracks me up. I am freakin dying for Emory and I got interviews from both Buffalo and Baystate neither of which I covet and have since dropped. What a process! Hopefully Emory drops me some +tive news on Monday!
I also got ixnayed from NW today. They have a serious bias vs some schools mine included. NO ONE from my school has gotten an interview there in like 5 or 6 years. We send over 20 people into EM per yr and the avg board score of those we send in is 228. Who knows! Personally I am over it. Lots of other fine programs in the Chi to choose from!
hey ectopic.....you went to penn for undergrad? still in the philly area for med school? i am beginning to think alot of this is regional. i haven't heard from yale or uconn (congrats on those). i have decent grades and boards. i'm sure nw will eventually get around to rejecting me. oh well, there is always december when people cancel interviews (again suprised by utah....they must have high cut offs....didn't duke get into trouble for doing that one year?)
BlackCloud9978 said:hey ectopic.....you went to penn for undergrad? still in the philly area for med school? i am beginning to think alot of this is regional. i haven't heard from yale or uconn (congrats on those). i have decent grades and boards. i'm sure nw will eventually get around to rejecting me. oh well, there is always december when people cancel interviews (again suprised by utah....they must have high cut offs....didn't duke get into trouble for doing that one year?)
I did go to Penn undergrad. I am now in Chicago. Good luck getting the interviews you want. I am cancelling as fast as I am getting them to try to give people the opportunity they seek. I am counting on people doing the same for me! I hope everything works out for everyone! Best of luck!
Ectopic.
GO QUAKERS!!
YTD:
Loma Linda
UCLA Harbor
UCLA Olive View
UC Davis
UCSF
Georgetown
GW
Jax
Emory
Cook County
Northwestern
Indiana
BWH/MGH
BIDMC
Duke
Cincinnati
Vandy
UTSW
Declined/cancelling
Maricopa
UC Irvine
UConn
Yale
Christiana Care
Hennepin
UVA
South Carolina
UT Houston
Loma Linda
UCLA Harbor
UCLA Olive View
UC Davis
UCSF
Georgetown
GW
Jax
Emory
Cook County
Northwestern
Indiana
BWH/MGH
BIDMC
Duke
Cincinnati
Vandy
UTSW
Declined/cancelling
Maricopa
UC Irvine
UConn
Yale
Christiana Care
Hennepin
UVA
South Carolina
UT Houston
plank said:Has anyone out there heard from NYU/Bellevue or the New York Presbyterian (Columbia/Cornell) programs? Those are the big ones I'm biting my nails about.
So far interviewing at: Jacobi/Monte, Cook, Penn, LIJ, Mt. Sinai (NYC), SUNY Downstate, Yale, Northwestern, Boston Medical, and MGH/BWH
I have an interview scheduled at NYU/Bellevue.
😱 impressive list..ErGirl said:YTD:
Loma Linda
UCLA Harbor
UCLA Olive View
UC Davis
UCSF
Georgetown
GW
Jax
Emory
Cook County
Northwestern
Indiana
BWH/MGH
BIDMC
Duke
Cincinnati
Vandy
UTSW
Declined/cancelling
Maricopa
UC Irvine
UConn
Yale
Christiana Care
Hennepin
UVA
South Carolina
UT Houston
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got UT Houston yesterday. Still no love from Florida. Got tired of waiting and sent an E-mail to U of Chicago, and they said they would "like to thank me for my strong interest, but they need to review my app and get back to me." They still haven't looked at my app? My name is near the front of the alphabet? 😕
Anyway started to cancel some interviews in the face of my last bank statement 😛
Interviews:
IM/EM
Allegheny
CCOM Olympia Fields (Chicago) 10/15
EM
UT Houston
UT Southwest
Washington U. (St. Louis)
LSU Baton Rouge
Resurrection
Cancelled:
UIC (Rotated there - sucks)
LSU Shreveport (not a big riverboat gambler)
Christiana Care (good program, but in boring location)
Year 4 Countdown to Graduation
EM X
EM X
Family X
Pulm X
Ortho
Derm
Community
Community
EM
Gas/Rads
Good Luck to everyone!
Anyway started to cancel some interviews in the face of my last bank statement 😛
Interviews:
IM/EM
Allegheny
CCOM Olympia Fields (Chicago) 10/15
EM
UT Houston
UT Southwest
Washington U. (St. Louis)
LSU Baton Rouge
Resurrection
Cancelled:
UIC (Rotated there - sucks)
LSU Shreveport (not a big riverboat gambler)
Christiana Care (good program, but in boring location)
Year 4 Countdown to Graduation
EM X
EM X
Family X
Pulm X
Ortho
Derm
Community
Community
EM
Gas/Rads
Good Luck to everyone!
i've been reading this thread for a while but have never posted..here goes!
invites:
uc davis
maricopa
new mexico
univ maryland
UNC
BI
Brown
Baystate
Utah
Oregon
MG/BW
Pitt
hennepin
still waiting:
denver
arizona
georgetown
uconn
carolinas
no rejects yet but i have a feeling they may start rolling in next week...
will proably cancel pitt, maricopa and once i have heard from the rest and may not make it out to north carolina at all if things are going well elsewhere
thanks to everyone for posting...it is both anxiety provoking and relieving at the same time 🙂
invites:
uc davis
maricopa
new mexico
univ maryland
UNC
BI
Brown
Baystate
Utah
Oregon
MG/BW
Pitt
hennepin
still waiting:
denver
arizona
georgetown
uconn
carolinas
no rejects yet but i have a feeling they may start rolling in next week...
will proably cancel pitt, maricopa and once i have heard from the rest and may not make it out to north carolina at all if things are going well elsewhere
thanks to everyone for posting...it is both anxiety provoking and relieving at the same time 🙂
Radiohead said:Anyone know if Vanderbilt has a night out with the residents? I am interviewing there next week and have not heard anything.
From the Vandy invite: "Please note that on Thursday nights, the residents will have dinner with applicants interviewing on both Thursday and Friday. A flyer will be sent with your confirmation letter."
Hope that helps!!
Cancelled:
UIC (Rotated there - sucks)
Wow that's harsh! sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I personally am happy here, though I will admit that UIH can be a painful site to rotate at given all the red tape. PM me if you get the chance, I'm interested in what makes you feel that our program sucks.
pinbor1
stw2361 said:From the Vandy invite: "Please note that on Thursday nights, the residents will have dinner with applicants interviewing on both Thursday and Friday. A flyer will be sent with your confirmation letter."
Hope that helps!!
Thanks for the info. I just re-read my invite which did not say anything about a resident night out. I also went through the confirmation packet, and nothing there either. An R1 from Vandy PM'ed me and told me that the dinner is at 6:30 at Mellow Mushroom.
Radiohead said:Thanks for the info. I just re-read my invite which did not say anything about a resident night out. I also went through the confirmation packet, and nothing there either. An R1 from Vandy PM'ed me and told me that the dinner is at 6:30 at Mellow Mushroom.
Hmmm, maybe a last minute addition? Thanks for the heads up, I will be headed there in January.
Will be interviewing at:
--Synergy Medical Alliance
--Drexel
--SUNY Buffalo
--SUNY Syracuse
--Maimonides
--St. Vincent
--Allegheny General
--Geisinger
--St. Luke's
--Arkansas
--East Carolina
--Morristown
Declined:
--U of Missouri
Was not offered interview:
--Akron
--Synergy Medical Alliance
--Drexel
--SUNY Buffalo
--SUNY Syracuse
--Maimonides
--St. Vincent
--Allegheny General
--Geisinger
--St. Luke's
--Arkansas
--East Carolina
--Morristown
Declined:
--U of Missouri
Was not offered interview:
--Akron
Hi everyone-
I have been sneaking around this site for a few days now. Thanks for all of the posts. They have definitely been helpful and hopefully I can help in the future.
Here is my list to date:
Interviewed:
UCIrvine
Future Interviews:
UCSF-Fresno
Harbor UCLA
Loma Linda
UCLA-Oliveview
Highland
Stanford
UCSD
Declined:
UCDavis
Rejections:
None
Waiting:
USC-LA County
Good luck Everyone!
~LuvbugMD 😉
I have been sneaking around this site for a few days now. Thanks for all of the posts. They have definitely been helpful and hopefully I can help in the future.
Here is my list to date:
Interviewed:
UCIrvine
Future Interviews:
UCSF-Fresno
Harbor UCLA
Loma Linda
UCLA-Oliveview
Highland
Stanford
UCSD
Declined:
UCDavis
Rejections:
None
Waiting:
USC-LA County
Good luck Everyone!~LuvbugMD 😉
will be interviewing
Pennsylvania prelim yr
Upenn
Jefferson
Bellvue
NYHC queens
Mt Sinai
NY Presby
SUNY downstate
St. Lukes
USFlorida
Kern County
UCSF Fresno
UCSD
Harbor UCLA
UCLA/Oliview
UT Houston
Interview offers but withdrawn
NYMH
Maminodes
Brooklyn Hosp Center
Philly Presbyterian prelim
LSU
Denied
LLU
UCSF Highland
Pennsylvania prelim yr
Upenn
Jefferson
Bellvue
NYHC queens
Mt Sinai
NY Presby
SUNY downstate
St. Lukes
USFlorida
Kern County
UCSF Fresno
UCSD
Harbor UCLA
UCLA/Oliview
UT Houston
Interview offers but withdrawn
NYMH
Maminodes
Brooklyn Hosp Center
Philly Presbyterian prelim
LSU
Denied
LLU
UCSF Highland
Cancel Christ! I heard it sucks 
No new love today 😡
Year 4 countdown to Graduation
EM X
EM X
Family X
Pulm X
Ortho
Derm
Community
Community
EM

No new love today 😡
Year 4 countdown to Graduation
EM X
EM X
Family X
Pulm X
Ortho
Derm
Community
Community
EM
Dr.MISHKA said:Cancel Christ! I heard it sucks
I don't get it.... 😕
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
emmd2b said:Dr.MISHKA said:Cancel Christ! I heard it sucks
I don't get it.... 😕
Christ is awesome, i.e. other people want your spot.
Just a little joke. I have been waiting for Christ without any love as of yet. Wanna Trade? I'll give ya UIC. What ya say?
Best wishes
The Mish
Best wishes
The Mish
Sorry...I'm a little slow
By waitlist, I mean UNC offered me an "alternate position." They usually interview all the waitlisters, but I haven't responded yet. I supposed to email my interview date preferences (so, if one opens up...yada yada...). If a spot opens up when I'm in N.C. for my CMC interview, then I'll take it. Otherwise, it will be too hard to plan for the possibility of an interview
By waitlist, I mean UNC offered me an "alternate position." They usually interview all the waitlisters, but I haven't responded yet. I supposed to email my interview date preferences (so, if one opens up...yada yada...). If a spot opens up when I'm in N.C. for my CMC interview, then I'll take it. Otherwise, it will be too hard to plan for the possibility of an interview
Received Hopkins this PM. So that makes it 21/21.
Going on (in no particular order):
MCG
Vanderbilt
Emory
UVA
UNC
Carolinas
Wake Forest
Indiana
BID
U of Chicago
Northwestern
Denver
Hopkins
Declined/Will Decline:
UF Jax
Orlando
Maryland
Duke
Mass General (can't justify spending an extra year in the cold)
Maricopa
Loma Linda
UTSW
Going on (in no particular order):
MCG
Vanderbilt
Emory
UVA
UNC
Carolinas
Wake Forest
Indiana
BID
U of Chicago
Northwestern
Denver
Hopkins
Declined/Will Decline:
UF Jax
Orlando
Maryland
Duke
Mass General (can't justify spending an extra year in the cold)
Maricopa
Loma Linda
UTSW
Adding Ohio State
Interviewed/will interview:
Christ
Cook County
Resurrection
U of Chicago
Ohio State
Grand Rapids
Medical College of Wisconsin
MSU Kalamazoo
Indiana
Washington University (St. Louis)
Emory
U of Michigan
Cancelled/Declined:
Beaumont
Medical College of Georgia
U Iowa
U Kentucky
Mayo
Hennepin
Washington U
LSU Shreveport
LSU Baton Rouge
Synergy
UNC
Case Western
Palmetto-Richland
U of Illinois at Peoria
Rejected:
Duke
Cincinnati
Interviewed/will interview:
Christ
Cook County
Resurrection
U of Chicago
Ohio State
Grand Rapids
Medical College of Wisconsin
MSU Kalamazoo
Indiana
Washington University (St. Louis)
Emory
U of Michigan
Cancelled/Declined:
Beaumont
Medical College of Georgia
U Iowa
U Kentucky
Mayo
Hennepin
Washington U
LSU Shreveport
LSU Baton Rouge
Synergy
UNC
Case Western
Palmetto-Richland
U of Illinois at Peoria
Rejected:
Duke
Cincinnati
Carolinas today; UT-Houston Friday.
YTD
UAB
Orlando
USF
Christiana Care
Emory
Cincinnati
Vandy
Louisville
Indiana
Johns Hopkins
GWU
MCG
ECU
Duke
Carolinas
LSU-NO
Declined/cancelled
UTSW
UVA
UT-Houston
Ole Miss
South Carolina
LSU-BR
EVMS
MJ
YTD
UAB
Orlando
USF
Christiana Care
Emory
Cincinnati
Vandy
Louisville
Indiana
Johns Hopkins
GWU
MCG
ECU
Duke
Carolinas
LSU-NO
Declined/cancelled
UTSW
UVA
UT-Houston
Ole Miss
South Carolina
LSU-BR
EVMS
MJrxfudd said:Adding Ohio State
Interviewed/will interview:
...
U of Chicago
...
Hey rxfudd, you seem to be one of the few with an interview at UChicago. Did you rotate there? When did you hear from them? What have you heard about the program?
I didn't rotate there, but I got an invite about two weeks ago or so. Word on the street is that they have an outstanding program with excellent placement after graduation. I know that they see a very broad range of pathology, and the flight EMS program there is a big selling point for them. I can't wait to see what their program is like in person. On paper, it's in my top three right now.
AlienHand said:Hey rxfudd, you seem to be one of the few with an interview at UChicago. Did you rotate there? When did you hear from them? What have you heard about the program?
Onward with the
of the day. Waiting for Emory STILL 😡 Perhaps I should read the writing on the wall. New developments... Got Johns Hopkins 👍 🙂 , and UC-Davis. Rejected by Loma Linda
Due to some new developments.. I am now in need of U of AZ!
1) Wright State
2) Ohio State U
3) St Vincent
4) Resurrection - Interviewed on 11/7
5) Cook County - Will interview 11/16
6) UT-Houston
7) Eastern Va
8) Johns Hopkins
9) Wash U in STL
10) Michigan
11) Missouri, KC - Truman
12) MCW
13) MCG
14) Boston Medical
15) BIDMC
Cancelled/Threw away $$ (37) - Einstein - Philly, Temple, LSUHC, UAB, Albany, Arkansas, ECU - Brody, Texas A&M - Scott and White, York-PA, SUNY-Syracuse, Allegheny, Ole Miss, Penn State Hershey, UPENN, Case Western/Metrohealth, LSU-NO, PITT, Buffalo, MLK, ORMC, St John, Wayne State - Sinai Grace, Grand Rapids -Spectrum, Lincoln, LIJ, North Shore U, Mayo, MSU Kalamazoo, Illinois Peoria, William Beaumont, Baystate, Henry Ford, UC-Irvine, Wayne State - Detroit Medical Center, UConn, Yale, UC-Davis
Gulp... Thankfully it turns out these arent on my short list...
Rejected (10) - Highland, Duke, New Mexico, Maine, Cincy, UCSD, Utah, NW, Oregon and Loma Linda! Looks like the west coast isnt loving me! 🙂
Still hoping for interviews from Emory
, U Arizona 😱 , others might be added

of the day. Waiting for Emory STILL 😡 Perhaps I should read the writing on the wall. New developments... Got Johns Hopkins 👍 🙂 , and UC-Davis. Rejected by Loma Linda
Due to some new developments.. I am now in need of U of AZ! 1) Wright State
2) Ohio State U
3) St Vincent
4) Resurrection - Interviewed on 11/7
5) Cook County - Will interview 11/16
6) UT-Houston
7) Eastern Va
8) Johns Hopkins
9) Wash U in STL
10) Michigan
11) Missouri, KC - Truman
12) MCW
13) MCG
14) Boston Medical
15) BIDMC
Cancelled/Threw away $$ (37) - Einstein - Philly, Temple, LSUHC, UAB, Albany, Arkansas, ECU - Brody, Texas A&M - Scott and White, York-PA, SUNY-Syracuse, Allegheny, Ole Miss, Penn State Hershey, UPENN, Case Western/Metrohealth, LSU-NO, PITT, Buffalo, MLK, ORMC, St John, Wayne State - Sinai Grace, Grand Rapids -Spectrum, Lincoln, LIJ, North Shore U, Mayo, MSU Kalamazoo, Illinois Peoria, William Beaumont, Baystate, Henry Ford, UC-Irvine, Wayne State - Detroit Medical Center, UConn, Yale, UC-Davis
Gulp... Thankfully it turns out these arent on my short list...
Rejected (10) - Highland, Duke, New Mexico, Maine, Cincy, UCSD, Utah, NW, Oregon and Loma Linda! Looks like the west coast isnt loving me! 🙂
Still hoping for interviews from Emory
, U Arizona 😱 , others might be added 
jaeida8 said:Got home from Step 2 CS to find a rejection from Emory. I honestly think they have a Step 1 cutoff (225 or 230, but I bet someone on this board with a 224 will pop up saying that's not true) unless you have something amazing on your application.
Jaeida,
Really, there's no rhyme or reason for the way things happen. I got an Emory invite (no 230 here either 😛 )that I didn't expect to get, and there are other places that I don't view near as highly as Emory that turned me down quickly. There's no explaination really. Just gotta play the hand your dealt I guess.
Best of luck the rest of the way,
CS
CS_22 said:Jaeida,
Really, there's no rhyme or reason for the way things happen. I got an Emory invite (no 230 here either 😛 )that I didn't expect to get, and there are other places that I don't view near as highly as Emory that turned me down quickly. There's no explaination really. Just gotta play the hand your dealt I guess.
Best of luck the rest of the way,
CS
dido on what CS said. There are no massive Step scores on my action either and i've got plenty of love from top programs. However its looking like UNC-CH will give me the boot... still haven't heard from those guys 😡
Tell me about it! I got interviews from Yale, UConn, and Buffalo which others want. I got Baystate. Somehow people who got rejected from these places got Emory and I somehow STILL havent. I didnt get a rejection either? I even called them but they didnt tell me much. I am 100% convinced that there is no rhyme or reason as to why they pick some people and not others.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
B
BlackCloud9978
jaeida8 said:Got home from Step 2 CS to find a rejection from Emory. I honestly think they have a Step 1 cutoff (225 or 230, but I bet someone on this board with a 224 will pop up saying that's not true) unless you have something amazing on your application.
221 or 222 (I can't even remember my own score--shows how much I care---normally I don't like to announce my score but it's not like it's impressive or anything)......so yeah I don't know. Now I did better on step 2 but I really don't think they look at just scores. I got Emory. I was one of those people that got Duke right away. Got some other places right away too and then it stopped. There are alot of places I've applied to that I have not heard from at all. Short list--Baystate, UMASS, UCONN, Yale, Buffalo (?), Christiana, UVA, pretty much everything in Chicago except Ressurection. And some of these programs I didn't feel were super-duper competitive. I feel like the resident from Christiana....got a pile of interviews in the beginning and then things stopped. Trust me my application is not that impressive either. So whatever. Sorry you didn't get Emory....same thing happened to me with Utah. I was really bumbed about being rejected from them. But in the end I realized I have a decent list with places that I would be happy working in. Hopefully that is the case for you too.
Yup, it's very random. I still haven't heard from UNC, Maryland, Wake, FL-Jax, VCU and Georgetown. But I got interviews at Cinci, Indy, Vandy and Carolinas. Go figure. Whatever - I'm happy. 😀 It seems like everyone has a great list and a lot to choose from. I'm looking at this as a chance to meet a lot of people and catch up with old friends, see places I've never been and just enjoy. I wish everyone a great and safe interview season.
MJ
MJMary Jane Watson said:Yup, it's very random. I still haven't heard from UNC, Maryland, Wake, FL-Jax, VCU and Georgetown. But I got interviews at Cinci, Indy, Vandy and Carolinas. Go figure. Whatever - I'm happy. 😀 It seems like everyone has a great list and a lot to choose from. I'm looking at this as a chance to meet a lot of people and catch up with old friends, see places I've never been and just enjoy. I wish everyone a great and safe interview season.
MJ
don't give up on Wake MJ. Our PD is definately still wading through the apps. I think he said there were over 500 for our 10 spots.
Added a couple......of rejections (OHSU, JHU)
Added UC-Davis, Hennepin EM/IM
Waitlist @ MCW
YTD:
UNC
Duke
Hennepin (EM and EM/IM)
Maryland (EM and EM/IM)
GW
Georgetown
Vandy
Cinci
Northwestern
UChicago
Pitt
Indiana
New Mexico
UC Davis
Cancelled:
Maine
Maricopa
Rejected:
OHSU
Johns Hopkins
Waitlist:
MCW
Added UC-Davis, Hennepin EM/IM
Waitlist @ MCW
YTD:
UNC
Duke
Hennepin (EM and EM/IM)
Maryland (EM and EM/IM)
GW
Georgetown
Vandy
Cinci
Northwestern
UChicago
Pitt
Indiana
New Mexico
UC Davis
Cancelled:
Maine
Maricopa
Rejected:
OHSU
Johns Hopkins
Waitlist:
MCW
Similar threads
- Replies
- 190
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 11
- Views
- 2K