*** Official Jefferson University Class of 2019***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I like the FaceBook group idea.

Also, have you guys decided on where you're living? I'm definitely between the two apartment-style complexes (I don't want to have a dorm again lol).
I live in the dorm style housing. Martin is a pretty good place and the cheapest option. Did you decide on Jefferson as the school you are going to attend this fall.
I am a P1 and feel free to ask me any questions.
P.S do you guys have a FB page for the class of 2019?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I live in the dorm style housing. Martin is a pretty good place and the cheapest option. Did you decide on Jefferson as the school you are going to attend this fall.
I am a P1 and feel free to ask me any questions.
P.S do you guys have a FB page for the class of 2019?

No we don't have a fb page, are they supposed to create one for us?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a current Jefferson P4. When we got accepted, one of my classmates & I created the Jefferson group. Just be careful, b/c Jefferson monitors FB and I know students who have gotten in trouble for public FB posts about the school or professors or other things that weren't deemed professional. If you make it, I'd just make the content private!

Congrats on being accepted!

Accepted and starting in the fall....can't wait!

I'm so excited to be going to Jefferson next year! Can't wait to meet you all!

Are there any current international students at Jefferson?

Last edited:
Are any of you going to the accepted student day? I'm going to the match 28th one, hope to see some of you there

What were your hardest adjustments?
Great question. It is different for everyone. Mine was just getting back in the "school zone". I have been out of college since 2009 and been working since. So going back to school after 5 years was tough, really tough.
My 2nd semester is going great because I remembered "how to study".
I hope this helps :).

Are any of you going to the accepted student day? I'm going to the match 28th one, hope to see some of you there
I am going to the Feb 21st Accepted Student's Day

Hi guys! I have my interview on February 7th! I'm super excited and nervous because this is my first choice and although I applied to other schools, I really don't want to go anywhere else but TJU. Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted already! Hopefully, I will be able to say the same in a week or so.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to the February 21st accepted students day! Anybody else going then?

Interviewed Saturday (01/31) and was accepted today!

Is there anything you wish you knew about Jefferson before attending?

Went to interview on 2/7. Cross fingers!! Congrats to all that got acceptance.

Does Jefferson offer any service trips over Christmas or spring break? Sorry if that is really random! Thanks!
Hi Brianna, I am not really sure what you meant by your question. Do you mean community service?

Is there anything you wish you knew about Jefferson before attending?
The interview, student acceptance reception, and the 2-3 orientations before classes start will make you aware of a lot of things and you won't be surprised when you attend classes.
I would say the curriculum was harder than I thought. The 1st semester was tough for many students. The 2nd semester is a little easier.
On the other hand, the IPPEs (introductory pharmacy rotations) exceeded my expectations. I really learned a lot. I could give more details if needed.

Oh, one thing I didn't know until the student acceptance reception was that there was a Jefferson Soccer Club. That was great for me.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have anymore questions. I could be more detailed if needed.

Accepted :)I'm so excited; see you all in the fall!

Yup, that's what I meant!
That's a really good question. I am going to ask my classmates and some P2s and P3s to double check as I am not sure.

One thing I did over Christmas break is signing up for JSPs patient counseling competition. The competition was 1st week of spring. Four P1s including myself placed in the top 10. I personally recommend doing that as it boosts your counseling skills.

Does anyone know how many students are interviewed and accepted for this year? I saw numbers on different websites but wanted to know if any of you "insiders" knew something

I got accepted to TJU and am super excited to meet you all. My interview day was 01/24 and I was accepted about 10 days later.
I am currently applying for housing (apartment style). Are there any major differences between the apartments? I am debating whether I should have a roommate- I think it would be a great idea but I don't really know anyone and am scared whether they would pair me up with non-pharmacy students.
I am wondering if anyone knows whether or not a Facebook page was made for our class yet? I think this would be a great way to keep in contact and meet people beforehand (considering we are probably all very excited). I am also wondering if the accepted students day is mandatory or not. I am not originally from the area and would have to take a plane to be there. Would anybody know which events are mandatory to attend? Thanks and good luck to everyone else!

I got accepted to TJU and am super excited to meet you all. My interview day was 01/24 and I was accepted about 10 days later.
I am currently applying for housing (apartment style). Are there any major differences between the apartments? I am debating whether I should have a roommate- I think it would be a great idea but I don't really know anyone and am scared whether they would pair me up with non-pharmacy students.
I am wondering if anyone knows whether or not a Facebook page was made for our class yet? I think this would be a great way to keep in contact and meet people beforehand (considering we are probably all very excited). I am also wondering if the accepted students day is mandatory or not. I am not originally from the area and would have to take a plane to be there. Would anybody know which events are mandatory to attend? Thanks and good luck to everyone else!
I don't think that the accepted students day is mandatory but it's cool if you wanna see everything and meet some people before starting in the Fall. Im also applying for apartment style housing and it doesn't really seem like there is much difference in the two. I can look into creating a FaceBook page too if nobody else has made one yet!

unfortunately I cannot make it to either of the accepted students days :( but I still want to talk to everyone through the facebook group when it is up and running.

I'm creating the FaceBook group/page. Do you guys think this should be a group, or a page? If a group, should it be closed (where only members get to see the posts), or open (where anybody can see the posts)?

Only members

Okay so I would need at least one other person's name to request them on FaceBook to create the group. Does anybody wanna message me their name?

You can request me.... Brianna Heikkinen

Okay so I friend requested Brianna and aml18, let me guys know if you got friend requests. My name is Nick.

Hey nick, I got the friend request! i also noticed you go to UD too lol. go blue hens!

Everybody should be able to request to join the FaceBook group now!

What is the name of the FB page? I would like to join too :)

So who's going to be at the acceptance day this Saturday?

It's funny I was reading back to when I created this forum, and I was waiting for my interview day and was worried! !! And now fast fwd time, it's acceptance day!!! Congrats everyone!

I don't think that the accepted students day is mandatory but it's cool if you wanna see everything and meet some people before starting in the Fall. Im also applying for apartment style housing and it doesn't really seem like there is much difference in the two. I can look into creating a FaceBook page too if nobody else has made one yet!

Thank you for making the FB page. I emailed TJU and they said that the accepted students day is NOT mandatory.

Hello future P1s!

I'm a current P1 at Jefferson right now so if you have any questions regarding the program, feel free to ask. A year ago, I was in your position waiting for those interview invites as well as acceptance letters and while waiting for them, I turned towards SDN for answers. It's been a whole year, but now that I some downtime (we rarely get them), I just thought I stop by here.

Hey Khal! :bookworm:

Hello future P1s!

I'm a current P1 at Jefferson right now so if you have any questions regarding the program, feel free to ask. A year ago, I was in your position waiting for those interview invites as well as acceptance letters and while waiting for them, I turned towards SDN for answers. It's been a whole year, but now that I some downtime (we rarely get them), I just thought I stop by here.

Hey Khal! :bookworm:
Haha, Kevin. It's amazing that this time last year we were doing all this.

To all that went to the Acceptance reception. Do you have any more questions, convents, or more information?

Haha, Kevin. It's amazing that this time last year we were doing all this.

To all that went to the Acceptance reception. Do you have any more questions, convents, or more information?
Concerns* convents lolol

Yup, that's what I meant!
Brianna,
We have 4 organizations in our school. APHA, ASHP, AMCP, and ISPOR.
They all do community service and fundraising activities so you will have plenty of opportunities to do community service.
For example, ApHA has an Operation Heart committee and they did some service in a nearby pharmacy. The service included taking vital signs and counseling.
Many students from our class went and had a really good time.
There are many more examples.
Khal S

Brianna,
We have 4 organizations in our school. APHA, ASHP, AMCP, and ISPOR.
They all do community service and fundraising activities so you will have plenty of opportunities to do community service.
For example, ApHA has an Operation Heart committee and they did some service in a nearby pharmacy. The service included taking vital signs and counseling.
Many students from our class went and had a really good time.
There are many more examples.
Khal S

Khal,

Thank you so much for checking into that for me! I'm so glad to hear about the service opportunities at jefferson since it's a big part of my life here at Villanova. Thanks again!

Bri

I like the FaceBook group idea.

Also, have you guys decided on where you're living? I'm definitely between the two apartment-style complexes (I don't want to have a dorm again lol).

I'm trying to figure that out too. I don't get how to find a roommate and all haha

How much did you guys receive in the financial aid/scholarship/deans award thing? The automatic one that came after acceptance.

I'm trying to figure that out too. I don't get how to find a roommate and all haha
If you are living on-campus, 2 apartment styles or the dorm style, the housing office will match you with a roommate so you don't have to worry about that.
If you are thinking of living alone then you also don't have to worry about that.
Off-campus is another story. I don't know much about off-campus housing.

For on campus random housing, is there a matching program to fill out for compatibility?