Official June 15th MCAT Scores Release Countdown Thread!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorPardi

In Memory of Riley Jane
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
8 days until scores are scheduled to be released!! Is everyone else starting to get really nervous?

Post here with any new MCAT release info, or your nervous ramblings!

Members don't see this ad.

I doubt what you wrote in the writing sample really matters when compared to the form. They want a cookie cutter essay with deliberate style elements, like writing an entire paragraph starting at least three sentences with the same comparison technique "___ may not ____, but _____. "" "" ." The content of my essays was pretty crappy (and I didn't even finish one essay - guess they didn't grade that one), and I got an S. I'd gladly trade the S for an O if I could have like two or three points added to my final score. Then I definitely wouldn't be retaking next month :(.

Couldn't agree more. My writing score was a "T", and I came out of the exam thinking about how trashy both my essays were. My two topics were on strong leaders, and travel. I even ended the last paragraph with, "In conclusion." I don't think they really care about content, or even style, for that matter. As long as you answer the question using the Kaplan formula, you should be in good shape.

I have noticed several others with similar posts. They took a course, did very well on practice tests and did poorly. I am in the same situation. Made 30 on practice exams and 21 on exam even though I was confident and felt I did well. I don't understand. Any ideas on what went wrong?

That's quite a fall right there. Did you take enough practice exams?

My scores get releases today.... I'm freaking out. Third time taking it because three of the schools I applied to wouldn't take the old scores and I can't sign up to take it again this late. PLEASE MCAT GODS GIVE ME A GOOD SCORE!:confused: