Official June 15th MCAT Scores Release Countdown Thread!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorPardi

In Memory of Riley Jane
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
8 days until scores are scheduled to be released!! Is everyone else starting to get really nervous?

Post here with any new MCAT release info, or your nervous ramblings!

Members don't see this ad.

wow i really thought i had done well until i saw all of your guys insane scores!! I am just trying to get somewhere in Florida. Congratulations to everyone!
8 verbal
13 bio
12 physics
3.94 science gpa
4.0 non science

37R.

13 V
11 P
13 B

Un-f'n-believable. I'm in utter shock (the good kind, not the bleeding to death kind).

Members don't see this ad :)
wow i really thought i had done well until i saw all of your guys insane scores!! I am just trying to get somewhere in Florida. Congratulations to everyone!
8 verbal
13 bio
12 physics
3.94 science gpa
4.0 non science

Honey 33 is great!!!!! Especially for them Fl. schools!!! What's your ECs like?? You have a shot at any of the Fl. schools with those stats if your ECs, LORs, and rest of your profile is good.

9 VR
11 PS
12 BS

32P - very disappointed

=( I took the May MCAT and got a 33P .... I can't believe I actually scored 1 point lower... I wanted at least a 35! SDN people were right, I shouldn't of retook with a freaking 33P.

I think I'm screwed... I need some advice here... my GPA is kinda low at 3.45.... do I have a chance at a US school with a retake that's LOWER?

You are not screwed but why the hell did you retake with a 33P??? That makes zero sense whatsoever.

A lot of higher scorers are coming out of the woodworks... :) congrats

BS 13
PS 09 I knew I didn't do as well as planned...guessed on a whole passage
VR 10
N sheeeeeit--~30%tile...not very good

I will never see you again MCAT :( haha

12PS 11VR 14BS 37Q

Didn't expect that. I remember buggin out during PS thinking about when I would have to retake. The AAMC's are pretty good predictors I was ranging from a 33-38.

Good luck to everyone

29 Q without any serious studying. Should I retake in august? 8 VR 11 PS 10 BS. I am from India so my primary language is not English although I was scoring 11-13 in my VR. And get A in all my english courses. I am not aiming for ivy league any MD school will do.

Aug 06 ~ 27N
June 07 ~ 31L

"L" :cry: How did I go down on writing, I actually studied for it this time.

Members don't see this ad :)
i think i caught a bad break because i took the same test as all these crazy smart people. maybe june 15th had a larger proportion of high quality applicants? who knows, i did okay though, no retake!

Ya I'm definitely going to have to retake 26Q....really dissappointing...I'm happy for everyone that did well though. I'm not sure what happened, wasn't expecting this low at all..really a shock.

Well, it was 1 point lower than I predicted unfortunately:
8PS 10 VR 9BS
Total: 27Q

I am disappointed and concerned, I feel like I have a decent shot at South Alabama, and UAB is a bit of a reach. I have a good GPA and solid ECs, so we'll see what happens.

You should be good with South, but UAB might take some work. If I had the choice between the two, I'd say South all the way. I just wasn't impressed with UABs lack of "personal touch." To them I was nothing more than an MCAT and GPA - pretty much ignored my ECs and clinical experience. South was much more receptive and interested in more than just grades.

I am trying to sign up for another try. Can't seem to find any open for the rest of 2007. Any ideas? Is this software problem? Is there a number to call for help? Thanks

hey guys i cant seem to login...on the thx website it says if u registered for the april 2007 test....can someone please help me..im dying to find out haha

nvmd...figured it out..ok i go check now

9 VR
11 PS
12 BS

32P - very disappointed

=( I took the May MCAT and got a 33P .... I can't believe I actually scored 1 point lower... I wanted at least a 35! SDN people were right, I shouldn't of retook with a freaking 33P.

I think I'm screwed... I need some advice here... my GPA is kinda low at 3.45.... do I have a chance at a US school with a retake that's LOWER?

you are fine. both of your scores are very very good. it at least show determination. good luck to you!

my score is a ps. 9 v. 7 bs. 10
i think i am screwed and also need some advice. my gpa is 3.5. texas resident applying to tx schools. i hate my life right now and wish i had wanted to work in a cubicle before becoming premed. but i am not giving up ever.

9 VR
11 PS
12 BS

32P - very disappointed

OMG, people! Why do you complain with a 32? A 45T and a 4.0 GPA still doesn't guarantee ANYONE admission into med school. Apply and see; I am sure with those stats are more than qualified for some medical school..geez.

you are fine. both of your scores are very very good. it at least show determination. good luck to you!

my score is a ps. 9 v. 7 bs. 10
i think i am screwed and also need some advice. my gpa is 3.5. texas resident applying to tx schools. i hate my life right now and wish i had wanted to work in a cubicle before becoming premed. but i am not giving up ever.

We have the exact same score layout and I feel the exact same way. I can't believe I got a 7 on verbal...I studied verbal the most and it just wouldn't go up!! I made a 20 on my diag. and it only increase 6 pts in 5 months!! Nerves def. got to me. I know I'm capable b/c I made 30+ on practice tests...here goes another month of solid studying....if I don't do well on the next one, I'm opening up a restaurant and saying F*** IT!!

I did not do so well on this june MCAT 7vr 8ps 9bs. I dont know why I did so bad i was hitting around 30's right before the test. I am a Fl resident with 3.95 Gpa. The only date thats open for a retake was the aug 9 this is real soon and so i started to study again today. Looking for advice because i dont know where i stand.

Hey all... k i think something went really really wrong.

Im a student that has a 3.98 GPA, taken the Kaplan course, studied my butt off, and have done a bunch of practice exams.

Today I got a score which made my jaw drop... I averaged around 30 for my practice exams, usually getting around 11ish for PS, 12ish for BS, and 8ish on VR.

Ready for this... I got a 7 VR/ 8 PS/ 6 BS / 21M
I don't know what happened!!! Can you guys make some suggestions regarding what could have possibly gone wrong... becuase I can't figure it out.

i am v happy about my scores, but if i did well enough for cornell or brown but did poorly on the writing sample, will they look at that?

My series says 41--I was in the 8:00 AM section.
I was also in the morning section with number 41.

How about series number 42? Is it the afternoon 1:30 pm section?

Are the morning and afternoon section using different sets of test? Or using the same?

Im a student that has a 3.98 GPA, taken the Kaplan course, studied my butt off, and have done a bunce of practice exams.

Today I got a score which made my jaw drop... I averaged around 30 for my practice exams, usually getting around 11ish for PS, 12ish for BS, and 8ish on VR.

I don't know what happened!!! Can you guys make some suggestions regarding what could have possibly gone wrong... becuase I can't figure it out.

That seriously sucks. Did the test get to you? IE did you feel like super duper nervous after the first few passages until the end? If so, maybe you need to work on your mental stability during the test.

That seriously sucks. Did the test get to you? IE did you feel like super duper nervous after the first few passages until the end? If so, maybe you need to work on your mental stability during the test.

I was super nervous at the beginning it settled later in the exam... apparently I did worse later in exam, getting half of what I usually get in BS. The silly thing is I knew the answers to most of the questions. I had the afternoon exam, took 2 hours to get there but it was a fun drive.

So, VR 11 PS 13 BS 11 WS L. 35L

I can hardly believe my writing sample. I have always thought I was a good writer. This is disturbing to say the least.

What I want to know is, would it be insane to take this test over because of my writing sample? Could that L actually stop me from getting in. I really need some advice from anyone who thinks they know.

Im a student that has a 3.98 GPA, taken the Kaplan course, studied my butt off, and have done a bunch of practice exams.

Eep. You have a wonderful GPA (okay fantastic!), but perhaps you may test well, in terms of standardized tests. Sometimes the nerves really can get to you--which of course is all different from the controlled conditions in which you take the practices.

I mean, retake it again and see what happens. Doesn't Kaplan have that higher score guarantee? I mean, get your money back and use it for the AAMC practice tests!

Yea def. seems like it was just nerves. did you take your practice test in test like environments b4 the test? if not maybe you should try doing that. Also I have to admit that I was kinda thrown out of my comfort zone when I took the test because the format was different from the aamc test and kaplan tests. you obviously have the talent to score higher, so don't panic and just study your butt off till the next test date.

I was also in the morning section with number 41.

How about series number 42? Is it the afternoon 1:30 pm section?

Are the morning and afternoon section using different sets of test? Or using the same?

42 is 1:30pm session.

Wow SDN gives such a skewed view of the application process.

"OMG You got a 32? I'm so sorry."

I can hardly believe my writing sample. I have always thought I was a good writer. This is disturbing to say the least.

What I want to know is, would it be insane to take this test over because of my writing sample? Could that L actually stop me from getting in. I really need some advice from anyone who thinks they know.

Are you in Canada or the USofA????

In the US they probably wouldn't give a damn about that L as long as you write stellar essays on apps and what not. The numerical score is what counts at most US schools. The L would only hurt you if you were at the schools requiring strict cutoffs in Canada

I had series 42 and took the test at 1:30.
But from what I understand many people had the same format of the exam regardless of what time they took it.

wow congrats!! how'd you study for bio and verbal also since that's my weakest area?

The only way I studied for verbal was by doing practices. Verbal has always been my weakest area. In fact, I never scored higher than a 11 on practice exams. After you take a bunch of tests, you can sort of figure out how much time to spend on each article and how in depth you need to read them.

As for Biology - I read over the Kaplan book and took notes. I looked over some material from previous classes that I took - notably physiology and bio core. I wrote down only the things I had forgotten. I didn't bother with the stuff I already knew.

i understand what you are going through. I have been getting mid-30s on ALL of my AAMC tests and I was confident going into the test that I will do well. I have a 3.5 GPA and a whole bunch of extracurriculars.

I ended with a surprising score of 12 PS 5 BS 5 VR....i'm soo pissed and disappointed. I was going to apply this year, I have to wait till next year now and re-take this test.

Does anyone know if this score is going to hurt me if I end up getting mid-30s on my next test???

I guess the MCAT is still haunting me. Woke up for no reason at all at 5:30am, stressed out with my score in my head. Trying to be more grateful for that 30S (8 PS 12 VR 10 BS), but the 8 in PS is really a disappointment. To be honest, I feel like the 5 weeks of hardcore MCAT studying I put in was pointless, since I got the same scores per section as I was getting before any hardcore studying. Ah well. I guess I need to focus on the fact that I don't need to retake, and concentrate on getting secondaries done. Good luck to those of you retaking. Kick @$$ on the PS section for me. It deserves a good beating.

i understand what you are going through. I have been getting mid-30s on ALL of my AAMC tests and I was confident going into the test that I will do well. I have a 3.5 GPA and a whole bunch of extracurriculars.

I ended with a surprising score of 12 PS 5 BS 5 VR....i'm soo pissed and disappointed. I was going to apply this year, I have to wait till next year now and re-take this test.

Does anyone know if this score is going to hurt me if I end up getting mid-30s on my next test???

I believe that it depends on the school. I've heard that some schools average your scores, some take your most recent score, and a few schools (Tufts?) take your best in each section. I'm guessing that taking the most recent is the most commen, but I have no idea if that's right. Good luck.

Are you in Canada or the USofA????

In the US they probably wouldn't give a damn about that L as long as you write stellar essays on apps and what not. The numerical score is what counts at most US schools. The L would only hurt you if you were at the schools requiring strict cutoffs in Canada

I am applying to US schools. Is there any way it could have been a proceedural error, like somehow they didn't get one of my writing samples? Also, I vaguely remember hearing that you can request to have someone else view your writing sample to rescore it. Is that true?

I have noticed several others with similar posts. They took a course, did very well on practice tests and did poorly. I am in the same situation. Made 30 on practice exams and 21 on exam even though I was confident and felt I did well. I don't understand. Any ideas on what went wrong?

I am applying to US schools. Is there any way it could have been a proceedural error, like somehow they didn't get one of my writing samples? Also, I vaguely remember hearing that you can request to have someone else view your writing sample to rescore it. Is that true?

Not worth the waste of time. Most med schoools could care less about your writing sample. I'd not retake it for the least important part of the test.

For any of you retaking but not able to find an August test date, I suggest checking frequently up until the close of registration for each August date if you're planning on applying this year. I just released my August 9th afternoon MCAT registration in Chicago. I'm sure there will be others that do so as well, in addition to people who are taking it for the first time in August and decide to postpone. Good luck!

Yes, it would be insane. Write some great secondary essays and go "wow" everyone in your interviews! You probably didn't address the question in the way they wanted for the writing. Just forget it and move on.

I doubt what you wrote in the writing sample really matters when compared to the form. They want a cookie cutter essay with deliberate style elements, like writing an entire paragraph starting at least three sentences with the same comparison technique "___ may not ____, but _____. "" "" ." The content of my essays was pretty crappy (and I didn't even finish one essay - guess they didn't grade that one), and I got an S. I'd gladly trade the S for an O if I could have like two or three points added to my final score. Then I definitely wouldn't be retaking next month :(.