*Official June 2016 MCAT Thread*

Started by aalamruad
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aalamruad

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey there everyone! Figured I'd start this thread since I recently started preparing for the June 18th MCAT. For those of you who are taking the June 2nd MCAT, June 18th MCAT, or still considering one of those two dates, feel free to post here with any questions, comments, concerns, or support you have to offer!

Good luck to you all! Let's crush it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm so nervous. If I can do well on CARS I think I should be good. **** cars
Don't be!
If anything, I ****ed up on CARS hard... it was too long and boring for me to follow. I was able to answer about 30 something with thorough reading and had to skim through + guess like the rest. If I can score anything about 125, I'll cry for joy.
 
My boss gave me the option of coming in or staying at home because she knows how nervous I am about my scores (lover her!) but I don't know what I want to do. I work on a computer at work so I know I will be tempted to keep refreshing. Lol. If I stay home, I'll probably run some errands and maybe grab a bite to eat to keep my mind off of it ... hopefully. Lol
 
I know right. But I mean I remembered questions from each section and reviewed it when I got home and checked my answers, but CARS I couldn't remember anything so that's why I'm so nervous. If I get a 125 on cars, ill streak.
 
I wanted to void after the CP section. I legit feel like I got a 118 on that one. I literally felt like I didn't know ANYTHING. It was sooo brutal. I wanted to cry. Then I became numb afterwards and decided not to void because I seriously didn't feel anything anymore. Lol.

My CP was also brutal. I straight guessed without even narrowing down on about 10 questions, then spent too much time on hard passages and had less time on easy ones :/
 
My CP was also brutal. I straight guessed without even narrowing down on about 10 questions, then spent too much time on hard passages and had less time on easy ones :/

Same. I literally was just clicking anything on like 2 passages. SMH. It was just .... I don't even know the words to describe it anymore. Lol. The very first passage stopped me dead in my tracks. I spent wayyy too much time on it.
 
I wanted to void after the CP section. I legit feel like I got a 118 on that one. I literally felt like I didn't know ANYTHING. It was sooo brutal. I wanted to cry. Then I became numb afterwards and decided not to void because I seriously didn't feel anything anymore. Lol.
Lol I can relate. After CP I questioned my entire life and all the choices I've made.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just a reminder:

No matter what happens tomorrow, it is not the end of the world. We can dwell for a few days or even a couple of weeks because that is the natural reaction- but remember to pick yourself up and try again if need be! I know SDN forums are dire and full of faint hope (Guilty myself I at times sound hopeless myself but I mean it in the most jokingly way possible). There are people out there fighting real battles such as chronic illnesses, loss of loved ones, financial burdens and more. Remember to look at the big picture and although the majority of members here on SDN will score high - there will be those not as fortunate. Keep fighting and try and try again. Nothing worse in life, than a life that is filled with regret. A year or two lost does not compare to a loss of a career that can prove to be beneficial to more than anyone can imagine.

On that note: I'll make a prayer to everyone who took it on 06/18!! good luck guys and I hope to see a thread filled with jubilance tomorrow! Signing off!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A 510 would be amazing for me but I think a little unrealistic from my 506, right?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
IMO not at all. Personally, I sort of "rise to the occasion" when I take real exams. I couldn't focus at all during the practice exams and felt terrible after taking them. If you're like me, then I would say you definitely have a chance!
 
IMO not at all. Personally, I sort of "rise to the occasion" when I take real exams. I couldn't focus at all during the practice exams and felt terrible after taking them. If you're like me, then I would say you definitely have a chance!

Yeah man that sentiment really strikes with me as well. I felt a lot more in the zone during the test but who knows. I feel like that's why I didn't feel anything emotionally during the sections. Again, who knows




Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
I felt the same way. I was talking to some friends later and couldn't remember a single question I answered. Hoping it all went smooth.
Wish you guys all the best tomorrow


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile