*Official June 2016 MCAT Thread*

Started by aalamruad
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aalamruad

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey there everyone! Figured I'd start this thread since I recently started preparing for the June 18th MCAT. For those of you who are taking the June 2nd MCAT, June 18th MCAT, or still considering one of those two dates, feel free to post here with any questions, comments, concerns, or support you have to offer!

Good luck to you all! Let's crush it.
 
Your state school interviews almost every in-state applicant, and accepts around 50-65% of those interviewees, so you'd probably have a great shot with a 508-510 as long as the rest of your app is solid

Iowa, Mississippi, and ND are the best states to be in hands down. Only a couple hundred people even apply from instate.
 
Hey guys I'm new here.
ME TOO HAI I'M FREAKING OUT and finally created an account. I've been a lurker here for quite some time and wanted to thank all of you for sharing your experiences, really helps with the nerves.

I am honestly more anxious then the night before the exam... 😱

CP: 126
CARS: 125
BB: 130
PS: 130

I just want to see a score that doesn't make me do this +pissed+
 
ME TOO HAI I'M FREAKING OUT and finally created an account. I've been a lurker here for quite some time and wanted to thank all of you for sharing your experiences, really helps with the nerves.

I am honestly more anxious then the night before the exam... 😱

CP: 126
CARS: 125
BB: 130
PS: 130

I just want to see a score that doesn't make me do this +pissed+

Did you think Psychology was very easy? There were some tricky ones :/
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nope you'll have to select the test date on that screen first.

The worst thing is my family will be disappointed if I get the score I think I got. They won't act like it- they'll say how proud they are and that they will always be there, but I know deep down they will because I studied so hard and so long.
 
Oh my god my heart is going to be pounding out of my chest so hard having to first sign in AND THEN select my test date. I'm not even kidding either. I might have a coronary before I even see my score


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I KNOW

Although i am so glad i get one more click. I think.
 
Does anyone else think about the moment you click your test date and see a score that was low? It keeps popping in my head, which is why i'm not opening it myself haha
 
Did you think Psychology was very easy? There were some tricky ones :/
I didn't exactly know the right answer but I was confident about the wrong answer choices I eliminated.

I finished early and had time to go back and re-read the convoluted passages thoroughly, which is the main contribution to my prediction. But yes, they WERE abstract. I felt like the entire section failed to test my critical thinking skills, instead asking lots of trivial questions...

Although it was almost a month since we've taken it so... heck if i know :whistle:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Since tomorrow is the day, let's have some fun. 😉 What was everyone's post-test prediction?
Mine was: CP (129-131), CARS (124-126), BB (130-132), PS (129-131) (total= 516?)

Scored: CP (132), CARS (126), BB (132), PS (131) (total=521)

My scored exam was 127, 124,127,127

My prediction: 129 124 129 127

This was what I saw in my dream like a week ago. I think I actually saw CP or BB as 130 something. I hope this is the case. 🙁
 
Well gals and guys, mentally i'm not there for score release. I'm semi religious and i've been praying a lot lately, which in turn has made me feel guilty about not praying before. There have been times where things have happened that I can't account for anything but a higher power doing it. I'm just going to have faith that eventually it will all turn out alright. Even if I don't do well this time, I'll keep trying. That being said, I would hate for AAMC to post the scores super early in the morning before i'm up- that would freak me out.
 
Can't sleep...I hope I didn't accidentally void the test

This guy who took the test back in 2014 I think got a 9 on his test. The computer didn't register most of his answers. He couldn't prove he answered all of them so he had to fight to get the 9 off his record and then take the stupid test all over again.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well I guess I'm up for the morning-went to the reddit forum. Guys EVERYONE was murdered by C/P. If the curve isn't there I don't know what life is. At this point i'm praying that the curve for bio isn't harsh since I think I did okay on it.

What is everyone drinking tonight
 
I think the AAMC should provide group therapy sessions where we can all sit around and complain like "Hi, I'm Kgizzle non-trad student. I just think if the AAMC releases a scored practice test it should actually match the goddamned actual test... just saying"
 
I think the AAMC should provide group therapy sessions where we can all sit around and complain like "Hi, I'm Kgizzle non-trad student. I just think if the AAMC releases a scored practice test it should actually match the goddamned actual test... just saying"
Should be! My last time. I felt as if I scored a 510+ walking out. 30 days later
... let's just say 122 CARS and 125 BB. Felt crappy this time around so maybe a different omen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should be! My last time. I felt as if I scored a 510+ walking out. 30 days later
... let's just say 122 CARS and 125 BB. Felt crappy this time around so maybe a different omen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Stay strong! It's just a score...that may determine the rest of your life and whether or not you're competitive for medical school. Dang the wait sucks lol I'm hoping for anything over a 499
 
Well I guess I'm up for the morning-went to the reddit forum. Guys EVERYONE was murdered by C/P. If the curve isn't there I don't know what life is. At this point i'm praying that the curve for bio isn't harsh since I think I did okay on it.

What is everyone drinking tonight

Woah what? This is for another exam date yeah?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile