*Official June 2017 MCAT Thread*

Started by ICUBlue
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ICUBlue

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't seen a thread for this month so let's get this one going! Share study plans, questions, and motivation.

My test is June 17th and I started using TBR over winter break and doing ~15 hours each week during the semester leading up to full time studying starting in May.

What's everyone else's plans? Good luck!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am shocked by my PSBB score. I thought that was so bizarre during the test but got 84th% percentile on it.

127/126/129/128 (510 total); roughly 2 points better than my best NS FL (#5). Left feeling like I got roughly a 508 so I'm happy with a 510.

This should get me in somewhere in Texas. I hope everyone did as well as they hoped!


edit: This was my 2nd MCAT. I took the pre-2015 version back in September 2014 and got a 28 (~67th percentile). To any of those who are discouraged by your score: NEVER GIVE UP.
 
Man, super stoked about my score. Checking in with a 516. I actually got the lowest score I've gotten on CARS from any test I've taken, since it was usually my highest section (got a 127 when I consistently pulled a 130-131). I'll definitely take it though, super glad to not have to worry about taking this again. Now I can stop procrastinating on secondaries!

I hope everyone else is happy with their scores. And for those of you that aren't, remember that retaking is definitely a viable option. Don't give up on yourself, you can do this!! 🙂
 
Hey everyone - 509 here.

Sort of disappointed, as I wanted a 510+ with everything >125. Breakdown: (128, 124, 128, 129)
AAMC 1 - 510: (130, 123, 131, 126)
AAMC 2 - 511: (131, 122, 131, 127)
Sample: (81%, 83%, 85%, 76%)
Highest TPR among 5 exams: 506
Time spent studying: 8-10 hrs/day for 8 weeks

Thought C/P would be my lowest, or CARS since it has always been hard for me. But C/P was super hard. Knew P/S would be my highest, but though it would be 130+. Even though I have always struggled with CARS, I thought it was much easier than both full lengths and that I would get >125, but I guess not. Hopefully schools will see me as a whole and not focus on my MCAT score - particularly my CARS score.