*Official June 2017 MCAT Thread*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ICUBlue

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread for this month so let's get this one going! Share study plans, questions, and motivation.

My test is June 17th and I started using TBR over winter break and doing ~15 hours each week during the semester leading up to full time studying starting in May.

What's everyone else's plans? Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

This should be the hour everyone. Typically within the next 15 minutes if it stays on trend

Reactions: 2 users
We all need to have a toast around the world.

"To scores better than our fears"

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
517... split down the middle of my practice test scores. Could not be more relieved. So thankful it's balanced so I'm done w the MCAT!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 6 users
Score breakdown was 127/126/126/129. 5 points better than the average of FL1 and FL2 for me basically.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
508 guys! Med school here I come. Highest score in cp. Who would have thought???

Reactions: 3 users
YEEEAH 512! 128's across the board weirdly, made me think my score was a sample score report or something lol. Solid five points below my highest FL but honestly I will take it with how awful I felt coming out of the exam. I thought I bombed it!

Reactions: 4 users
I'm too scared to check. Does anyone know if the scale was good for any sections based on your opinion of that section during the test.

I'm just waiting for them to tell me they got my score mixed up with another test-taker lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Ended up scoring 4 points higher than my last AAMC FL.

Seriously though for you guys doing a retake, I have all the respect in the world for you and can't wait to hopefully be your colleague in medicine.

I am shocked by my PSBB score. I thought that was so bizarre during the test but got 84th% percentile on it.

127/126/129/128 (510 total); roughly 2 points better than my best NS FL (#5). Left feeling like I got roughly a 508 so I'm happy with a 510.

This should get me in somewhere in Texas. I hope everyone did as well as they hoped!

edit: This was my 2nd MCAT. I took the pre-2015 version back in September 2014 and got a 28 (~67th percentile). To any of those who are discouraged by your score: NEVER GIVE UP.

Man, super stoked about my score. Checking in with a 516. I actually got the lowest score I've gotten on CARS from any test I've taken, since it was usually my highest section (got a 127 when I consistently pulled a 130-131). I'll definitely take it though, super glad to not have to worry about taking this again. Now I can stop procrastinating on secondaries!

I hope everyone else is happy with their scores. And for those of you that aren't, remember that retaking is definitely a viable option. Don't give up on yourself, you can do this!! :)

My score breakdown was the exact opposite of how I felt walking out of the testing center. So bizarre.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone - 509 here.

Sort of disappointed, as I wanted a 510+ with everything >125. Breakdown: (128, 124, 128, 129)
AAMC 1 - 510: (130, 123, 131, 126)
AAMC 2 - 511: (131, 122, 131, 127)
Sample: (81%, 83%, 85%, 76%)
Highest TPR among 5 exams: 506
Time spent studying: 8-10 hrs/day for 8 weeks

Thought C/P would be my lowest, or CARS since it has always been hard for me. But C/P was super hard. Knew P/S would be my highest, but though it would be 130+. Even though I have always struggled with CARS, I thought it was much easier than both full lengths and that I would get >125, but I guess not. Hopefully schools will see me as a whole and not focus on my MCAT score - particularly my CARS score.

Slept for few hours and wake up after a bad dream of having 496. Checked my score, and found 506. I will take it all the way. No damn retake. I am proud of what I got: "to God be the Glory."

Reactions: 5 users
Thank you everyone for hanging in there with me! It's been a rough month of waiting, and I really appreciate all of your support. I wish all of you the best!! :clap: