*Official June 2017 MCAT Thread*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ICUBlue

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread for this month so let's get this one going! Share study plans, questions, and motivation.

My test is June 17th and I started using TBR over winter break and doing ~15 hours each week during the semester leading up to full time studying starting in May.

What's everyone else's plans? Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not going to get into specific numbers because everyone's target score is different. But... if I don't get what I need I'll end up medicated and in a straight jacket :D

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure if this means anything to anybody reading this but my neuroticism has led me to this. I just took a practice test and went A-B-C-D for the whole test and scored a 478 (120/118/120/120) so assuming you studied at all got lucky on some guesses you should have scored around a 490

Lol, and what can anyone do with that score?

Members don't see this ad :)
guys i end my scribe shift day tuesday at 2am!
do you think i should check my score during work or after
AHHHHHHH

Tested 6/16 and the score release is almost upon us. If I get anything over a 507 + I will do 100 sit ups and push ups for each point over and donate all my study materials lol. But the C/P section made me feel that none of my prep was helpful and I felt defeated. I scored a 502 on aamc FL #1 and a 506 on aamc FL #2.

Tested 6/16 and the score release is almost upon us. If I get anything over a 507 + I will do 100 sit ups and push ups for each point over and donate all my study materials lol. But the C/P section made me feel that none of my prep was helpful and I felt defeated. I scored a 502 on aamc FL #1 and a 506 on aamc FL #2.

I feel as if we are in the same boat. If I score a 508 or above, I am going to donate all of my study materials on here :) please let the C/P score be in my favor!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya good luck I'm a 30th test taker but can only image how those getting scores today feel. Hope they're what you hoped for

6/16: 515 (129/125/130/131)
AAMC FL 1: 515 (130/126/130/129)
AAMC FL 2: 515 (131/126/130/128)

Looks like the AAMC FL's are quite predictive :horns:

517 (127,131,129,130)
About the same as my AAMC's, and I also got 517 on them.

Kind of disappointed. I could have studied more, and more importantly, that C/P was a nightmare and it hurt my score. Not sure if retake. That said, this is 95%, so...

6/17: 511 (126/128/129/128)
I only studied 3 weeks, after finishing my finals mid-May. I used Kaplan online classes + the books. Do you think I'm okay to apply this cycle or should I retake? (Asian female, 3.82 GPA, 4 years research, and many other extracurriculars).

For people who are worried/anxious, I got a 507 AAMC FL 1 (2 weeks before), 505 AAMC FL2 (1 week before), Kaplan 1-4 497-508. I'm really surprised I got this score. For July/August test takers, don't worry! You will most likely do a few pts above your full length scores.

Thanks everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
517 (127,131,129,130)

Kind of disappointed. I could have studied more, and more importantly, that C/P was a nightmare and it hurt my score. Not sure if retake. That said, this is 95%, so...
Don't retake. That is suicide talking. The chance of you getting a higher score is pretty slim and the difference between 517 and 520 is minimal. Unless your practice test scores have always been 525+, I would advise against retaking. Even if that is your average, a 517 is an excellent score already.

*Only retake if you are applying to Princeton Medical School

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
517 (127,131,129,130)

only chance for you with a 517 is do or carib, sorry mate

517 (127,131,129,130)

Don't you dare retake that sexy score!

Don't retake. That is suicide talking. The chance of you getting a higher score is pretty slim and the difference between 517 and 520 is minimal. Unless your practice test scores have always been 525+, I would advise against retaking. Even if that is your average, a 517 is an excellent score already.

*Only retake if you are applying to Princeton Medical School

I feel pretty confidently that I could reach 520. Point taken though. It may be a lot of effort for not enough gain.

Congrats everyone! If anyone is freaked out by their score and needs to discuss it, feel free to message me. I've taken it before so I know how it feels to be faced with a retake. I know I did better on 6/30.

6/17: 511 (126/128/129/128)
I only studied 3 weeks, after finishing my finals mid-May. I used Kaplan online classes + the books. Do you think I'm okay to apply this cycle or should I retake? (Asian female, 3.82 GPA, 4 years research, and many other extracurriculars).

For people who are worried/anxious, I got a 507 AAMC FL 1 (2 weeks before), 505 AAMC FL2 (1 week before), Kaplan 1-4 497-508. I'm really surprised I got this score. For July/August test takers, don't worry! You will most likely do a few pts above your full length scores.

Thanks everyone!
Not always true. I scored 5 points below my fls

13 more days... I should really start prewriting some secondaries, but I just can't will myself at this point.

July 2016: 506 127/123/128/128
June 16, 2017: 513 129/125/131/128
Definitely happy with my retake score - I am applying early decision to my state school that wanted to see a little increase in score. Altius practice tests the second time around with AAMC FLs were very close to the real thing.

Reactions: 2 users
What did you guys do the day and night before your test? I read where they say take a break and don't study. I've never done that before a test, not sure I could pull it off. I'm testing on Saturday, in two days.

AAMC FL1: 505 (125/129/125/126)
AAMC FL2: 513 (127/131/126/129)

MCAT 6/17/17: 510 (125/132/126/127)

C/P is always my weak point! Just glad I broke >509 and no section < 125, and I feel good about improving from low 500s to 510 in a relatively short time-frame. Thanks all for your help!

What did you guys do the day and night before your test? I read where they say take a break and don't study. I've never done that before a test, not sure I could pull it off. I'm testing on Saturday, in two days.

Morning/day before I did not study. Took a long walk in the park, went out to eat with my mom, had a good day. That night I relaxed and casually looked over a few concepts but did not exactly "study." After this I felt calm and well-rested going into the test and feel that I did my best!

Morning/day before I did not study. Took a long walk in the park, went out to eat with my mom, had a good day. That night I relaxed and casually looked over a few concepts but did not exactly "study." After this I felt calm and well-rested going into the test and feel that I did my best!

You're lucky. I didn't need to study the day before either, but only slept maybe 3 hours. Definitely didn't feel well-rested but was hyped up on adrenaline. I was probably slightly below the peak of the yd curve lol

You're lucky. I didn't need to study the day before either, but only slept maybe 3 hours. Definitely didn't feel well-rested but was hyped up on adrenaline. I was probably slightly below the peak of the yd curve lol

That long walk tuckered me out!!

Worked a 10 hour shift the day before. Big mistake. Didn't get to my hotel until like 9 and really only had an hour to "wind down" before bedtime.

I took a bubble bath and did nothing the day before my MCAT. Would recommend 100%