*Official June 2017 MCAT Thread*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ICUBlue

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread for this month so let's get this one going! Share study plans, questions, and motivation.

My test is June 17th and I started using TBR over winter break and doing ~15 hours each week during the semester leading up to full time studying starting in May.

What's everyone else's plans? Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Happy with my score.

My section scores were exactly the opposite of what I expected. P/C and P/S were my best scores, and B/B and CARS were my worst. Completely reversed from all of my practice tests and my expectations from test day. I walked out of the test thinking that P/C might tank my whole score.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Happy with my score.

My section scores were exactly the opposite of what I expected. P/C and P/S were my best scores, and B/B and CARS were my worst. Completely reversed from all of my practice tests and my expectations from test day. I walked out of the test thinking that P/C might tank my whole score.
same for me. I thought I for sure bombed P/C

Am really curious about this curve you guys are talking about. You guys mind posting your AAMC practice scores and what you got on the real one?

Am really curious about this curve you guys are talking about. You guys mind posting your AAMC practice scores and what you got on the real one?
I believe they are referring to the fact the scores are scaled. A very crude example would be if most people missed at least 25 questions in a section then you missing 15 could mean a high score for you (if those 5 questions were highly missed questions by others) because you did well RELATIVE to everyone else.

I believe they are referring to the fact the scores are scaled. A very crude example would be if most people missed at least 25 questions in a section then you missing 15 could mean a high score for you (if those 5 questions were highly missed questions by others) because you did well RELATIVE to everyone else.
For this example, you would absolutely score higher. Individual questions aren't scaled or scored differently. Getting 20 correct in a section will be the same score for everyone taking that same test regardless of if you got some of the harder questions correct vs gimme questions. The "curve" refers to the fact that BETWEEN TESTS, some sections are harder/easier. So getting 20 correct on an easier test will most likely translate to a lower subsection score since you're scoring as well as or better than (definition of percentile) less test takers.

Last edited:
For this example, you would absolutely score higher. Individual questions aren't scaled or scored differently. Getting 20 correct in a section will be the same score for everyone taking that same test regardless of if you got some of the harder questions correct vs gimme questions.

Yeah. Basically my comment that the P/C section must have had a big curve just meant that the median must have been pretty low, because I ended up with a good score despite the fact that I'm sure that I got a lot wrong on that section.

Yeah. Basically my comment that the P/C section must have had a big curve just meant that the median must have been pretty low, because I ended up with a good score despite the fact that I'm sure that I got a lot wrong on that section.
I'm relieved as well! The curve must have been very heavily scaled. I was +2 from my last practice exam!

NS exam average score 503-504
AAMC Sample: 68% total
Real thing: 503

I'll take it! :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Glad (most) everyone is (mostly) happy. Did actual scores match closer to AAMC FL 1 or AAMC FL 2?

Mine was smack dab in the middle of both; one point higher than AAMC FL 1 and one point lower than AAMC FL 2. Super happy with how it turned out!

Thought the cars and bio was easy, thought the Chem/physics and psych was tough. Ended up doing better in c/p and p/s than bio and cars.

I got the same score on AAMC FL1 and the real thing and 4 points higher than my AAMC FL2

June 30th Test Day

I was running out of time and a lot of the material seemed out of left field, or maybe it was just nerves.

Either way, I felt I did really bad on all the sections (510 on FL2). I'm convinced I missed half the questions in each section, should I even hold out hope for a 500 on the real thing?

The nerves are very common. What helped me was trying to remember the questions that I was unsure of and looking them up.

June 30th Test Day

I was running out of time and a lot of the material seemed out of left field, or maybe it was just nerves.

Either way, I felt I did really bad on all the sections (510 on FL2). I'm convinced I missed half the questions in each section, should I even hold out hope for a 500 on the real thing?

I felt like that on the day of the test, but just trust the stats that you'll be +/-2 points from your last FL. I was very surprised when I got my score too!

I feel busier now than I was before...

Back to work full time as a nurse.
Catching up on all housework I put off in the name of the MCAT.
Finally spending time w my family.
Back to volunteering and lab work.
Finally getting those needed doctor appointments in.
Oh and my car got hit so dealing w insurance.

Hoping this month flies.

RN here as well... Got back to work the next Monday. I have been working on my secondaries so far. Hope this cycle turns out well for must of us.

So, I think my family and friends are getting annoyed with me at this point. I can't stop thinking about this exam. Anyone else as neurotic as me?

Reactions: 2 users
Officially panicking. The more days that pass, the more stupid mistakes I know I made on Chem/Phys. I'm convinced I got <125 in this section.

I'm sure it isn't as bad as you think. You can miss 10-13ish or so and still be around 90th percentile

I had a dream that I got a 502... I'm so scared for C/P
I had a dream I got a 497 lol. The thing is, my C/P was actually pretty easy. I just walked out and immediately thought of 7-8 questions that were absolute gimme questions, and I know I got them wrong.

I had a dream I got a 497 lol. The thing is, my C/P was actually pretty easy. I just walked out and immediately thought of 7-8 questions that were absolute gimme questions, and I know I got them wrong.
mine was like: FU_ _ ME HARD. IT WAS SO HARD *cries*

June 30th test still gives me nightmares. -______- That Psych section made me feel so miserable. I don't even know how I feel about C/P and CARs, it could've alright, or really bad.

June 30th test still gives me nightmares. -______- That Psych section made me feel so miserable. I don't even know how I feel about C/P and CARs, it could've alright, or really bad.
I feel the exact same way lol. I felt so confident on CARS-like the most confident I've ever felt in that section. Felt like I absolutely BOMBED C/P. My score could be anywhere from 124-129 for Psych/Soc lol. I have no idea.

I feel the exact same way lol. I felt so confident on CARS-like the most confident I've ever felt in that section. Felt like I absolutely BOMBED C/P. My score could be anywhere from 124-129 for Psych/Soc lol. I have no idea.
I don't know how to even feel about CARs honestly. It's always my worst section on practice exams.

Cars is always a total blur to me. Sometimes it's fantastic and other times not so much. CP is the only section I don't feel extremely confident about. It's the worst feeling in the world to miss a question you know just because you're nervous. I know I had a couple of these.

Cars is always a total blur to me. Sometimes it's fantastic and other times not so much. CP is the only section I don't feel extremely confident about. It's the worst feeling in the world to miss a question you know just because you're nervous. I know I had a couple of these.
I counted 6 afterwards....

I took it June 30th as well. Wish i knew what i didnt know but at this point i just feel like a sitting duck waiting to either fly away or get shot down anyway.....

6/17 test-taker here.

5!!! More!!! Days!!!

I am passing the time by watching a lot of netflix, volunteering so much that it's like a job with no money, getting back into my hobbies, and have spent these few weeks getting back into touch with my friends and family. i am honestly busier now than i was while studying for this exam. my anxiety was low for about 3 weeks but now that i will find out in less than a week it has been on my mind more and i am getting a little anxious!

The nerves :( 4 days for the June 16th and 17th takers.... I think I got less than 500 and I'm just so scared... :(
You aren't alone. I took 7 total practice tests and all but one were between 501-508 (expect for TPR diagnostic 495). I feel like I got below a 500. If you look at the reported scores from May, 90%+ reports are right at or slightly above their AAMC FL average. All the May testers were posting that the test was horrible too. Just trust your AAMC FL scores.

June 29 and 30 test takers... were not even halfway there yet

In the meantime, I really need to start prewriting. I've not been a total bum bc of work and what not, but anything involving my laptop or a piece of paper I haven't wanted to even think about.

I've been working on my personal statement. It's definitely been difficult getting into it though. I feel like I've needed a lot more sleep since the exam too. Definitely suffering from burn out.

Sigh... I received two secondaries so far and I am procrastinating (video games lol), but I know this weekend is going to be filled with essay after essay. I feel like most of the questions repeat themselves. :bang:

Sigh... I received two secondaries so far and I am procrastinating (video games lol), but I know this weekend is going to be filled with essay after essay. I feel like most of the questions repeat themselves. :bang:
Save all of your essays in word and just copy and paste them if you find similar essays from different schools.

Not sure if this means anything to anybody reading this but my neuroticism has led me to this. I just took a practice test and went A-B-C-D for the whole test and scored a 478 (120/118/120/120) so assuming you studied at all got lucky on some guesses you should have scored around a 490