*~*~*~*Official Letters of Recommendation Questions Thread 2014-2015*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am freaking out. I am applying to both MD and DO programs. I have one excellent letter from a science prof, another from a non-science professor. I have a superb one from an oral surgeon. Will that DDS jeopardize my application? I am still waiting from an MD. I e-mailed so many DO's but no luck so far. I am already applying late, and this is killing me.

Most schools require two science faculty/class instructor and one non-science. Exception to this is sometimes listed for those out of school for two years or more whee you can usually use a work supervisor. The oral surgeon is often DDS/MD. However, he/she may be extra letter. Was the DDS just a shadow?

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools require two science faculty/class instructor and one non-science. Exception to this is sometimes listed for those out of school for two years or more whee you can usually use a work supervisor. The oral surgeon is often DDS/MD. However, he/she may be extra letter. Was the DDS just a shadow?
The DDS was shadow and volunteering. He took care of my mother in law when she was alive; she had some oral complications due to the chemotherapy treatment. I was very impressed by his work and after she passed I did pretty much volunteer at his practice for 3 months, over the summer. I guess I will have to go after some science professor ask for a letter. My Major is Liberal Arts.

Hey guys, does the "Letter Request Form" need to be included if I send my letters from interfolio? My interfolio application already has my AAMC ID attached to it. I called AAMC but they weren't even sure!

Members don't see this ad :)
Status
Not open for further replies.