Official List of How Each Schl Looks at Mltpl. RELEASED MCATs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lastapplicant

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Because each school looks at Multiple RELEASED MCAT scores differently, please provide what you know about as many schools as you can. For example, do they average them, look only at the most recent one, look only at the best one, etc. Again this is only about scores that were RELEASED to the Med School (i.e. if you were not smart enough to withhold your bad score).

SCHOOL

MUSC: Looks at best score

Members don't see this ad.

I think this needs to be more specific. I mean the Tufts website says they take the highest score from each section.

So does MUSC look at the best total score(I'm guessing this is what you mean) or the best score in each section?

So for future posters please be as specific as possible.

Tufts:Takes best score from each section

Originally posted by lastapplicant
this is only about scores that were RELEASED to the Med School (i.e. if you were not smart enough to withhold your bad score).
Except if they're really bad (<20), it's advisable to release all scores. My premed advisor urges all apps to do this, since most med schools prefer that you do. He also mentioned something like, since we're going to be critiqued & evaluated for the rest of our training, it's good to start getting used to it now.

I released all scores. My lowest take was 23, & I haven't had problems so far (& want to add that i'm not URM--so that we don't go there again). ;)

It was my understanding that when you release your last score, AMCAS then releases ALL previous MCAT attempts. So, releasing your score doesn't matter as schools will get them all anyways.

Temple: Takes highest COMPOSITE score
Thomas Jefferson: Averages your most recent two composites.
Tufts: Takes best score from each section