**Official Maryland Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread 2.0**

The waitlist email said the class is full. I called and confirmed via email my spot on the waitlist and the woman on the phone said they sent the last of acceptances before waitlist today. So no acceptances now unless you're on the waitlist after April 1

Members don't see this ad.

So I take it if you're on the waitlist you can get accepted, and everyone else probably is a soft snail mail rejection unless another few waitlist emails get sent

I guess I should be expecting a rejection or an acceptance... hopefully the latter
I interviewed on the same :) Ill keep my fingers crossed for us to get the acceptance email. And then your future will be as bright as a 400W metal halide light bulb :D

Members don't see this ad :)
The waitlist email said the class is full. I called and confirmed via email my spot on the waitlist and the woman on the phone said they sent the last of acceptances before waitlist today. So no acceptances now unless you're on the waitlist after April 1
You just ruined all the good vibes I was sending out! lol

damn so they sent out the acceptance before the waitlist. Which was Jan 20th. So if we haven't heard back since now, we could be expecting a rejection..?

I interviewed on the same :) Ill keep my fingers crossed for us to get the acceptance email. And then your future will be as bright as a 400W metal halide light bulb :D
But this isn't looking too good after What nicopresto said

But this isn't looking too good after What nicopresto said
Yea he ruined the good vibe Im sorry. I dont know anybody who got accepted today thou, and no one on here got an acceptance. Should we call to confirm if there were any acceptances sent out today?

It's stupid. If the last acceptance was 1/20 and class was fill then. Then why interview for another whole month ..

Just because no one on SDN has posted an acceptance since 1/20 doesn't mean they haven't accepted people since then

Reactions: 1 user
It just doesn't sound right that even one person on SDN has not been accepted since Jan 20th, unless they had a few spots left when they interviewed us in late Jan and Feb.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I was looking through Class of 2020's acceptance thread on here, and it seems like their last acceptance wave was Feb. 1 which is pretty close to what it was this year.

People started coming off the wait list on April 1st which is when the second deposit is due since some people who paid the first one may not pay the second, so I would think something similar will happen this year as well.

It's stupid. If the last acceptance was 1/20 and class was fill then. Then why interview for another whole month ..
Agreed that makes zero sense.... I guess they're assuming that a lot of people that got accepted will turn down their acceptance. Only thing I can think of.

Maryland tends to over accept people. Sounds like this year relatively everyone who got an acceptance confirmed it right away. That's all I can think of. For everyone waiting like me don't lose hope and if you are on the waitlist and thinking about other schools who accepted you, at least you have those other schools' acceptance. Stay positive! Who knows if they might send more waitlist emails out!

It did not make sense to me when the woman I spoke to said the class is full either after January 20 acceptances and today's acceptances, but who knows. All we can do is wait. Waitlist means you're still being considered and about 20-25 people don't pay the second deposit every year. You're still in the running.

So if we did not get wait listed is that a sign of rejection?

So if we did not get wait listed is that a sign of rejection?

I'm one of those people who didn't get an email and I think so. It's the only thing that really makes sense

For those waiting to hear back and were invited to waitlist, check out my waitlist poll for Maryland and let me know what you think! It's listed under Pre Dental threads. I think it's a helpful sub thread that will help all of us gauge the waitlist movement
Where is your poll? I can't find it

Patience guys! April is 2 weeks away. The class generally fills up around now and waitlist starts. Admissions generally does have a last, smaller round of acceptances after April. Sometimes people not on waitlist are accepted and offered a seat. It truly depends. I suggest paying any necessary deposits to ensure you become a dentist. Losing 2k is nothing in the long run if you get into your dream school later on... In which case, someone will be offered your seat!

In the waitlist email, they said that there might be movement after April 1st, which is when deposits are due (for the most recent batch of acceptances). Therefore we can deduce that there was a round of acceptances on March 1st.

The Facebook group has also grown by about 10 members, so i think its safe to assume they did send some acceptances. Just coincidence that those who were accepted either aren't on SDN or just didn't post. I can recall from the interview that we will be notified via email, regardless of the decision. So, for those of us who have heard nothing, hopefully today is the day. I guess there is a glimmer of hope but we can expect the worst. Best of luck to all of you!

The Facebook group has also grown by about 10 members, so i think its safe to assume they did send some acceptances. Just coincidence that those who were accepted either aren't on SDN or just didn't post. I can recall from the interview that we will be notified via email, regardless of the decision. So, for those of us who have heard nothing, hopefully today is the day. I guess there is a glimmer of hope but we can expect the worst. Best of luck to all of you!

The ten members or so that joined are all current students or those accepted earlier who finally paid their second deposit. Also @hankreagan there was no acceptance on March 1st. The deposit in question due April 1 is the SECOND deposit, not the first.

Last edited:
The ten members or so that joined are all current student or those accepted earlier who finally paid their second deposit. Also @hankreagan there was no acceptance on March 1st. The deposit in question due April 1 is the SECOND deposit, not the first.
Do you still believe that people who have not gotten waitlist have chance?

Do you still believe that people who have not gotten waitlist have chance?

I guess you could get an acceptance letter considering @umbtoothfairy did mention that people in the past have received acceptances and not been put on the waitlist. Waitlist just means it is an active list of consideration however I do not believe that if you weren't on the waitlist that you are rejected. I do know some people who were never placed on a waitlist last cycle that just got in at the end of April.

The ten members or so that joined are all current students or those accepted earlier who finally paid their second deposit. Also @hankreagan there was no acceptance on March 1st. The deposit in question due April 1 is the SECOND deposit, not the first.

How do you know that they were students who were accepted earlier?

For all us waitlisted folks, any accepted students on here pay their first deposit but aren't paying the second? :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::naughty::bow::bow::bow:

I've called and ask them what my status was and she told me I am still under consideration. So I still have hope ...?

I've called and ask them what my status was and she told me I am still under consideration. So I still have hope ...?

I hate to break it to you but I go to Maryland and when they tell you that but don't put you on the waitlist you can expect to more probably be rejected in the mail. I would start paying other deposits to your other accepted schools or prepare for the next applicant cycle. The "still in consideration" line they give callers if you're not on the waitlist usually is their way of making sure people don't constantly ask questions. For those on the waitlist, however, I suggest you start calling once a week to check your status. It shows interest and gives you a better chance of getting accepted off the waitlist. The waitlist usually has a bit of movement come the first week in April. Good luck all!

Take a peek at last year, this guy did not get waitlisted and eventually got a rejection, like many others who did not get waitlisted. Maryland is very official when it comes to waitlist acceptances. If you're not on the waitlist more times than none you will be rejected. Now if you weren't emailed about the waitlist I suggest you call. If they do not say you're on the waitlist then expect to plan the rest of your life and move on with another school.
Rejection!!!!!

This is my only rejection after an interview, interviewed on 11/17. CA resident. I received the rejection via snail mail in the form of a hand signed letter by Dean Porter this past Saturday 3/26. I thought that was very respectful- I'm just happy to get some news.

To those of you who were accepted, best of luck with your dental education. You all should be very proud of yourselves to attend such an amazing and historical school.

I hate to break it to you but I go to Maryland and when they tell you that but don't put you on the waitlist you can expect to more probably be rejected in the mail. I would start paying other deposits to your other accepted schools or prepare for the next applicant cycle. The "still in consideration" line they give callers if you're not on the waitlist usually is their way of making sure people don't constantly ask questions. For those on the waitlist, however, I suggest you start calling once a week to check your status. It shows interest and gives you a better chance of getting accepted off the waitlist. The waitlist usually has a bit of movement come the first week in April. Good luck all!

I don't think that necessarily means you're being rejected. For everyone waiting, I definitely think you shouldn't go off of SDN when deciding whether to still have hope or simply give up. Just because you haven't been waitlisted yet does not mean you are being rejected. You are still in the running until you get that rejection letter. Everyone on here is basically saying if you're not on the waitlist by now, then you lost your chance. No, that's not necessarily true. It could be that some people who haven't been wait listed yet get accepted in the next batch because decisions of their acceptances have been made but have just not gone out yet, and then if THEY decide not to pay their deposits then people from the waitlist will be contacted. I'm just saying that there could be two sides to this and so far everyone is just favoring one side of it. Everyone needs to be hopeful and optimistic. Everything happens for a reason, and not everyone on here knows exactly what is going on even though they may seem like they do.

Also, I know some people on here said they called admissions and they made it seem like acceptances went out. However, they were unclear on when the last acceptances went out. As far as we know, the last batch very well could have been Jan 20. It makes sense for admissions to be tricky and keep that info confidential.

I am in the same boat as everyone who has interviewed but has not heard back anything yet. Let's just hope for the best, and not be discouraged, overwhelmed, or anxious based on what our peers are hearing back! Praying for everyone whose waiting!

Reactions: 2 users
I don't think that necessarily means you're being rejected. For everyone waiting, I definitely think you shouldn't go off of SDN when deciding whether to still have hope or simply give up. Just because you haven't been waitlisted yet does not mean you are being rejected. You are still in the running until you get that rejection letter. Everyone on here is basically saying if you're not on the waitlist by now, then you lost your chance. No, that's not necessarily true. It could be that some people who haven't been wait listed yet get accepted in the next batch because decisions of their acceptances have been made but have just not gone out yet, and then if THEY decide not to pay their deposits then people from the waitlist will be contacted. I'm just saying that there could be two sides to this and so far everyone is just favoring one side of it. Everyone needs to be hopeful and optimistic. Everything happens for a reason, and not everyone on here knows exactly what is going on even though they may seem like they do.

Also, I know some people on here said they called admissions and they made it seem like acceptances went out. However, they were unclear on when the last acceptances went out. As far as we know, the last batch very well could have been Jan 20. It makes sense for admissions to be tricky and keep that info confidential.

I am in the same boat as everyone who has interviewed but has not heard back anything yet. Let's just hope for the best, and not be discouraged, overwhelmed, or anxious based on what our peers are hearing back! Praying for everyone whose waiting!

I heard they develop an initial waitlist then whoever doesn't decide to be on that waitlist makes space for people who did not get a waitlist invite. Would make sense why some get accepted after not actually getting a waitlist email. They just don't seem to notify later parties of waitlist placement. Rejections with interview won't be going out until late March so in about a week and a half, so if you aren't rejected with interview and are still left hanging I'm sure there's a chance you've been placed on the waitlist for consideration.

Official waitlist email said the class is FILLED. Filled means no more acceptances until April 1 deposits are counted, and even at that point, it would make more logical sense for them to pick people off a waitlist they have going than to just pick people who were not even decided on

Does anyone know the number of students accepted off of the waitlist last year or any previous years? Would be an awesome statistic to know but cannot seem to find it.

Does anyone know the number of students accepted off of the waitlist last year or any previous years? Would be an awesome statistic to know but cannot seem to find it.

Does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked by a certain order?

I reviewed my waitlist email again and called admissions today and it sounds like some spots will open up before April 1! Keep hope people! And can someone please answer @baseball0079's waitlist trend question? I have the same question and also would like to know if any in state or out of state people on here plan to give up their Maryland seat

Been quiet on here. :ninja::scared: Anybody try contacting admissions about waitlist?

Been quiet on here. :ninja::scared: Anybody try contacting admissions about waitlist?
I want to, but I don't know what to say.... I don't want it to sound like I'm calling for no reason cause the email said we might know something after April 1st

I want to, but I don't know what to say.... I don't want it to sound like I'm calling for no reason cause the email said we might know something after April 1st

Let's hope we find out tomorrow or next week people! Surprised at how quiet this thread has been. No movement at all, not even from people not on a waitlist

I'd probably wait it out until next week. Second deposits are due on 4/1 so if spots open I would think they would be sent next week!

Let's hope we find out tomorrow or next week people! Surprised at how quiet this thread has been. No movement at all, not even from people not on a waitlist

Yeah I've been quietly waiting to get a rejection since I never got a waitlist email or an acceptance. Very confused about my current status

Reactions: 1 users