Status
Not open for further replies.
OOS
GPA: 3.78 overall 3.76 BCP
DAT: 21
very very low shadowing hours (70)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all of those accepted! Please feel free to reach out with any questions.
As mentioned before, I am a current third year student at Maryland :)

For those still waiting, BE PATIENT. DO NOT CALL THE SCHOOL. In 2-3 weeks, you can send ONE email expressing your interest. This is of course a busy time and they will be stretched thin. Don't pester ;) Remember, squeaky wheel doesn't get oiled, it gets replaced.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
The Maryland website provides tuition by semester....and that's quite confusing since I don't know whether there is a Fall, Spring & Summer semester or just Fall & Spring each year.

Can anyone please provide annual total cost of attendance numbers for D1, D2, D3, and D4 for BOTH OOS & IS?

Members don't see this ad :)
The Maryland website provides tuition by semester....and that's quite confusing since I don't know whether there is a Fall, Spring & Summer semester or just Fall & Spring each year.

Can anyone please provide annual total cost of attendance numbers for D1, D2, D3, and D4 for BOTH OOS & IS?

It varies from one year to the next. There are increases each year. All fees are per semester (both fall and spring) unless specified. Example ASDA is fall only fee.
There are only 2 semsters: fall, which is includes summer for rising D3/D4 (End of May to December), and spring (Jan to May)

Did anyone have an interview on Nov 15 and got accepted today?

Hey everyone!

One of my friends asked me to share this.

ASDA at University of Maryland School of Dentistry is selling Maryland Dentistry flag tooth travel mugs.

The mugs can be shipped or picked up! Only $10 and perfect gift for the holidays!

Pre-order yours in the Google form ASAP: https://goo.gl/pLg8xB

Attachments

• ASDA Travel Mug Sale.jpg
    ASDA Travel Mug Sale.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 59
Congrats to all of those accepted! Please feel free to reach out with any questions.
As mentioned before, I am a current third year student at Maryland :)

For those still waiting, BE PATIENT. DO NOT CALL THE SCHOOL. In 2-3 weeks, you can send ONE email expressing your interest. This is of course a busy time and they will be stretched thin. Don't pester ;) Remember, squeaky wheels doesn't get oiled, it gets replaced.
Can confirm. Only school with a secretary who picked up the phone with **** attitude when I called in a few weeks ago.

Can confirm. Only school with a secretary who picked up the phone with **** attitude when I called in a few weeks ago.

And here I thought I was the only one.

I had the same problem, and it's really turning me off the school. And this is not the first time I'm having this problem with this school.

I call, greet politely, and am met with an exasperated tone.

And here I thought I was the only one.

I had the same problem, and it's really turning me off the school. And this is not the first time I'm having this problem with this school.

I call, greet politely, and am met with an exasperated tone.
Tell me about it. Called over 10 schools to check on my status a month ago, most were very helpful and actually were very nice and go figure that my instate school is the one that gave me attitude for checking on my application

Tell me about it. Called over 10 schools to check on my status a month ago, most were very helpful and actually were very nice and go figure that my instate school is the one that gave me attitude for checking on my application

I edited this post. I'll give you the details over private message.

I edited this post. I'll give you the details over private message.

I mean, I get it. It's annoying to get attitude, but honestly, part of being a good practioner is having a certain level of patience. Acceptances did not go out until today and they interview until March. It will be okay

I mean, I get it. It's annoying to get attitude, but honestly, part of being a good practioner is having a certain level of patience. Acceptances did not go out until today and they interview until March. It will be okay

You're a great rep for UMD, @umbtoothfairy . Unfortunately, not everyone is like that.

You're a great rep for UMD, @umbtoothfairy . Unfortunately, not everyone is like that.
Thanks @Incis0r ! My point is don't discount Maryland because of those interactions with a few people. The majority of people are great. It truly has a family atmosphere, even the D1s have formed a neat little family, kind of gunner-y compared to mine, but a family nonetheless :)

Reactions: 1 user
What year are you btw?

Wow I didn't even know they give those (I thought state schools don't).
Just for the first year.

"It also gives me great pleasure to offer you a scholarship in the amount of $xxx to be credited toward your tuition and fees for the 2017-2018 academic year. The purpose of recruitment scholarships is to attract the best students to the University of Maryland School of Dentistry in the belief that both the School and the students will benefit."

Does Maryland do post December interviews?

Post Dec interview received! January 17th! In state student. First interview invite after receiving 2 rejections already. Very excited for this opportunity.

For those of you who got accepted, would you guys please share your stat?

I interviewed on Oct. 11th but did not get anything yet....

I am an in-state applicant.

Thank you!

3.88 GPA, 20 AA (Canadian DAT), Canada.
Shadowing hours: over 1000.
Interviewed in the first group: September 14th

Don't give up hope guys! I got accepted yesterday! (In-state student)
Sent my secondary mid-July, interviewed 2nd group
2.96 GPA 2.93 sGPA 21 AA
Shadowing hours: 200
I know my stats seem sub-par but if you guys knew how hard I worked in the last 2 years to get in... This was my 3rd time applying (I previously applied in 2012 and 2013). Don't give up!

Reactions: 9 users
Don't give up hope guys! I got accepted yesterday! (In-state student)
Sent my secondary mid-July, interviewed 2nd group
2.96 GPA 2.93 sGPA 21 AA
Shadowing hours: 200
I know my stats seem sub-par but if you guys knew how hard I worked in the last 2 years to get in... This was my 3rd time applying (I previously applied in 2012 and 2013). Don't give up!

Very happy to see you made it in! I'm sure you worked super hard to earn this :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

can you guys please

I gotchu:

11:15am-11:30am: CHECK-IN
11:30am-12:15pm: WELCOME
12:15-12:45pm: Financial Aid
12:45pm-4pm: INDIVIDUALIZED SCHEDULE (different for everyone).
  • Includes two breaks, one 30 min and one 15 min.
  • Includes a Technology demonstration (30 MIN)
  • Includes a Panel/Lunch (30 MIN)
  • Includes a School Tour (30 MIN)
  • Includes a Campus Tour (30 MIN)
  • Includes your Interview (30 min)
4pm- WRAP-UP

Interview group had ~15 students.

Reactions: 2 users
I gotchu:

11:15am-11:30am: CHECK-IN
11:30am-12:15pm: WELCOME
12:15-12:45pm: Financial Aid
12:45pm-4pm: INDIVIDUALIZED SCHEDULE (different for everyone).
  • Includes two breaks, one 30 min and one 15 min.
  • Includes a Technology demonstration (30 MIN)
  • Includes a Panel/Lunch (30 MIN)
  • Includes a School Tour (30 MIN)
  • Includes a Campus Tour (30 MIN)
  • Includes your Interview (30 min)
4pm- WRAP-UP

Interview group had ~15 students.
Thank you so much for the detailed response!

Are my chances for Maryland gone? October interview and no acceptance.

Guys, Maryland's facilities are AWESOME.

I was floored when I visited. I said to myself: "This is where I see myself next year."
ALWAYS BELIEVE IN YOURSELF.

I will be accepting my seat as soon as I get that letter in the mail. Anyone else that will be attending shoot me a PM! I will hunt you down on Facebook.

I will be accepting my seat as soon as I get that letter in the mail. Anyone else that will be attending shoot me a PM! I will hunt you down on Facebook.

Not sure if I'll be attending here- still deciding. but can we be friends anyways? I've always wanted to be a friend with a bear.

Reactions: 2 users

You (or anyone else 100% attending) should create the incoming class facebook group then! Just call it "University of Maryland School of Dentistry Class of 2021" so it's easy to find

Need help deciding between Maryland and Temple (PA resident).

(PMs are welcome).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.