**Official Maryland Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just stopping in to say I got a supplemental in August last year and an interview in February. Be patient!
Did you end up getting accepted? I submitted my supp 8/17 and still nothing :(

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my supplemental in July and FINALLY got an interview invite! I had almost given up hope! Scheduled for early January
I wonder how long until they see my application... submitted Sept/Oct....

Congrats! Would you be willing to share your stats and state residency?
Thanks! I'm OOS, 3.9 gpa 23DAT aa.

Dentalhopeful16679, it was mid-july but I have a feeling they're not necessarily going in chronological order.

Reactions: 1 user
Would somebody be kind enough to give a rough outline of the interview day schedule? And perhaps how large the interview group is? Thanks in advance :)

does anyone have a sense of how soon people get a decision after a post-december interview?? if my interview is in january should i expect to be in the dark until March?

does anyone have a sense of how soon people get a decision after a post-december interview?? if my interview is in january should i expect to be in the dark until March?

Don't think there's a formula or rhyme or reason-- you could find out a week later or 2 months later, Lord only knows because it could depend on other students who decide to go to that school or not. Hope that's helpful.

Instate resident that sent the secondary in mid August. Got an invite yesterday for January

Instate applicant with many friends at the school downtown. I've had two friends (both instate) that were accepted in August - just 2 weeks before classes were to begin. Anything can happen with MD i'm sure. I also know people who got accepted a few weeks later after their interviews. Some never got formally rejected, just no answers

Members don't see this ad :)
Had an interview mid-October. Should I be worried because my status hasn't changed from 'Invited for Interview'?

Had an interview mid-October. Should I be worried because my status hasn't changed from 'Invited for Interview'?

It might change next week. There's still 3 business days to go before Dec. 1.

What would/should it change to? I interviewed mid-october as well.

What would/should it change to? I interviewed mid-october as well.

Mine changed from an interview in november to received/under review. Has anyones changed to check back december 1st?

Hi everyone!
I would love to hear the opinion of someone who has already interviewed at maryland or someone who is a student there. I sent out my 2ndry beginning of September and haven't heard anything from them. I'm OOS, GPA 4.0, and AA 28 on DAT. Over 500hrs of shadowing.
Does it usually take this long? Should I call them or send them an email?

Hi everyone!
I would love to hear the opinion of someone who has already interviewed at maryland or someone who is a student there. I sent out my 2ndry beginning of September and haven't heard anything from them. I'm OOS, GPA 4.0, and AA 28 on DAT. Over 500hrs of shadowing.

Maaaaaaaan you're fine. I guarantee you'll get an interview

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone!

Call and ask about your status. I did that and got an interview offer within 10 days of calling. I like to think that demonstrating my interest helped.

Hi everyone!

I would email them and express your interest in their school. I know people who did that and got an interview soon after. Maybe they think you're too good and you'll go to your state school anyway. But if you show them you're interested in their school, you might land an interview.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Maaaaaaaan you're fine. I guarantee you'll get an interview

I hope so man. Students who have sent their 2ndries mid September are getting interviews but I haven't heard anything from Maryland yet!

I hope so man. Students who have sent their 2ndries mid September are getting interviews but I haven't heard anything from Maryland yet!
Same, and I submitted my secondary on 8/17. I thought I'd hear back sooner since I got the 2ndary within a couple hours of my GPA being verified, but no luck. I also tried calling to ask about my status a month ago but that didn't do anything, so its probably circumstantial that some people got interviews soon after calling. Your stats are incredible though, I'd be shocked if you didn't hear back sooner than me, so keep your head up!

Same, and I submitted my secondary on 8/17. I thought I'd hear back sooner since I got the 2ndary within a couple hours of my GPA being verified, but no luck. I also tried calling to ask about my status a month ago but that didn't do anything, so its probably circumstantial that some people got interviews soon after calling. Your stats are incredible though, I'd be shocked if you didn't hear back sooner than me, so keep your head up!

I have a feeling that the people who they skipped out on but gave secondaries to will get interviews based on how many people accept/reject Dec 1st offers

I have a feeling that the people who they skipped out on but gave secondaries to will get interviews based on how many people accept/reject Dec 1st offers
Makes sense. Heres hoping we all get one lmao. My sister keeps asking me when I'm coming to Baltimore and I don't want to keep telling her to wait on it haha

I would email them and express your interest in their school. I know people who did that and got an interview soon after. Maybe they think you're too good and you'll go to your state school anyway. But if you show them you're interested in their school, you might land an interview.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I wasn't sure if I should call them,send them an email, or I shouldn't do anything at all. I guess you are right; I will send them an email. I was hoping to get interview pre-December, but I guess they are not inviting in order. I was late applicant but not that late to get a post-December interview

Thanks man! Same here. I got my 2ndry a few days after gpa verified and heard back from other dental schools in less than a month after their 2ndries but nothing from Maryland. I was hoping to get all my interviews before December 1st, but I guess that's not gonna happen

I wasn't sure if I should call them,send them an email, or I shouldn't do anything at all. I guess you are right; I will send them an email. I was hoping to get interview pre-December, but I guess they are not inviting in order. I was late applicant but not that late to get a post-December interview

Earliest dates are in January, so post decs are the only available ones.

Im onboard the interview train now!

Thanks man! Same here. I got my 2ndry a few days after gpa verified and heard back from other dental schools in less than a month after their 2ndries but nothing from Maryland. I was hoping to get all my interviews before December 1st, but I guess that's not gonna happen

Earliest dates are in January, so post decs are the only available ones.

Im onboard the interview train now!

Clearly they are saving the best people for post-december ;-)

There's still hope Datkiller1!

Got an email for an interview today (my first one!)!! On january 17th - super nervous but excited!

As reference: I got everything in around late july, and got the supplemental in august :)

Reactions: 2 users
If you got a post Dec. interview, do you think chance of you getting gets is lower than the pre Dec. people??? Jan 11th interview here

Offer of Admission - 7:44 am (9:44am Maryland)

For this of you who've been accepted, congrats!!! And do you mind sharing your stats?

For those of you who got accepted, would you guys please share your stat?

I interviewed on Oct. 11th but did not get anything yet....

I am an in-state applicant.

Thank you!

For those of you who got accepted, would you guys please share your stat?

I interviewed on Oct. 11th but did not get anything yet....

I am an in-state applicant.

Thank you!
3.4 GPA, 21 DAT, OOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.