**Official Maryland Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if anyone has received a confirmation email regarding their deposit/seat reservation?
I just called them. They said they just got back from the holiday break so they'll sort out mail in a couple days and send confirmation emails.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Turned down my interview invite. Goodluck to whoever gets it!

Members don't see this ad :)
U should file a lawsuit!

I fully intend to send an e-mail expressing my disappointment to Stony.

"Dear Stony Brook Admissions,

Y u do this?

Love,
Incis0r"

Reactions: 1 users
I fully intend to send an e-mail expressing my disappointment to Stony.

"Dear Stony Brook Admissions,

Y u do this?

Love,
Incis0r"

I can already see their response:

"Dear Incis0r,

U mad?

Best Regards,
Stony Brook Admissions"

Reactions: 5 users
can anyone speak to community outreach/service at Maryland? most of the other schools I've looked at have some type formal outreach/service programs that the students participate in but I couldn't find anything like that on Maryland's website. Thanks!

Out of curiosity, are we still to believe that secondary = impending interview invite? It's been a long time since I sent in my secondary and nothing but silence. I don't plan on attending the interview, but I'm personally curious/want to give a heads up to future SDN cycles.

Does anyone know if Maryland gives out all their spots right away, or do they save some openings for the January interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know of any cheap apartments close to campus?

Pascault Row comes to mind

No. Pascal row is expensive and dirty. It is dorm style, wood furniture and all. Plus leasing there is only August to May.

You will need to wait a bit to truly go apartment searching. Upperclassmen will post in the facebook page with availability in apartments and houses. Most apartments require people to renew ~60-90 days before leases end so there won't be open apartments for June until March at least. A lot of people move in July or August. My lease ends in August, but I am hoping someone else can start their lease in July if/when they take my room.

Major note: OOS should leave off campus to try to establish residency. It'seems hard to say you are here for more than school when you live in school housing.

Reactions: 2 users
No. Pascal row is expensive and dirty. It is dorm style, wood furniture and all. Plus leasing there is only August to May.

I actually like the 10-month lease because I don't plan on staying in Baltimore over the summer. Although I realize that would be a turn off for some people (like OOSers)

On the website (https://www.umaryland.edu/housing/explore/pascault-row/) it says it costs $7,655.76/yr for a 2 bedroom/2 person apartment..that roughly translates to $765 per month including utilities that come complimentary, which isn't all that bad imo

But hey, if there are better options out there then I'm not complaining

Last edited:

You will need to wait a bit to truly go apartment searching. Upperclassmen will post in the facebook page with availability in apartments and houses. Most apartments require people to renew ~60-90 days before leases end so there won't be open apartments for June until March at least. A lot of people move in July or August. My lease ends in August, but I am hoping someone else can start their lease in July if/when they take my room.

Major note: OOS should leave off campus to try to establish residency. It'seems hard to say you are here for more than school when you live in school housing.
Hey, any insight into sail cloth factory, redwood towers, or camden court? I've been loooking for places close to the gym for when I start but I'd appreciate if you've heard of anything about these apartments or if you can suggest another one. Thanks!

soooo i feel like i remember reading or hearing that the admission committee meets every friday, is that real??

rejection via snail mail, not surprised since I never received a secondary. Still sucks, nonetheless.
Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

What are the chances of you getting rejected after going through interview? and what is the average wait time before you hear anything back after your interview? and lastly, sorry so many questions, do they usually send out the acceptance or rejections on Fridays? Thanks!

What are the chances of you getting rejected after going through interview? and what is the average wait time before you hear anything back after your interview? and lastly, sorry so many questions, do they usually send out the acceptance or rejections on Fridays? Thanks!
These are the exact questions I would like to know! Still anxiously waiting for any reply....

Does anyone who already interviewed have any tips? I'm being interviewed on Tuesday and I'm SUPER nervous because I love this school so much :S

Does anyone who already interviewed have any tips? I'm being interviewed on Tuesday and I'm SUPER nervous because I love this school so much :S

Good Luck!

This was my response to a thread asking a similar question:

Just relax, and be yourself. The questions are all really straightforward (just the typical ones that you'd expect). The interview is mostly conversational, with a faculty and a student both asking you questions.

For the rest of the interview day, one suggestion I would give you is to dress warm and comfortably. There's a lot of walking involved (both inside the dental school building and outside around the campus), so be prepared for that.

Lunch is provided, and actually pretty filling so that was pretty nice. The student tour guides are all friendly, and you can ask them any questions you might have. They provide you with a notebook to take notes in so you don't need to bring anything with you unless you really want to

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions

Last edited:

I may be interested in the offer! How far are you from campus?

Just got an interview invite today for the end of February. Do I stand a chance?

Congrats to everyone who just got an interview invite!

As far as I know, there are still a decent number of open seats for the incoming class so hopefully that puts everyone's mind at ease a little. Focus on preparing for your interview day and crush it

Around what time do they send out emails?? or do we hear back from them via snail mail??

Interviewed on Tuesday the 17th! And JUST GOT IN! MY ABSOLUTE DREAM SCHOOL! IM FLOORED

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted!! Interview 01/11! Can't wait to see you all in the fall

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congratulations to everyone that has gotten in! Does the school send out rejections when they send out acceptance or nah?

Status
Not open for further replies.