***Official NYU C/O 2013 Acceptance Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i hope to see an envelope tomorrow. stressful waiting.

Hey buccal, what state do you live? I live in IL, I also do not see anything in my mail box... and this is getting very stressful for sure.

Members don't see this ad.

how many of you are attending for sure? :)

anyone from Canada (toronto) heard anything yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the letter today, I'm in! I live in Iowa by the way.

I am in! I got the letter today, and live in Utah.

Living in NYC would be too freaking awesome.

I got the mail that i was wait-listed. so sad
I'm just wondering if there are rejections given out.
if there is no rejection, did NYU put all of the interviewees other than accepted people to the wait-list? I just wanna know if waitlist is still better than rejection. it's really hard to wait..

I was told rejection are mailed out in about a week or two.

i just got my letter in the mail today!!! it was postmarked the first... how the heck did it take this long to get to illinois????

are both acceptance & waitlisted letters via USPS? Thanks!

Cali resident, got my BIG envelope yesterday. My friends are reserving weekends at my future, not yet existent apartment in NY that they can stay at.:):):):):thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Still waiting in Idaho. Sure hope I don't go 0 for 7 on the schools I interviewed at.

Still waiting in Idaho. Sure hope I don't go 0 for 7 on the schools I interviewed at.

I hope you get in dude. If you go 0 for 7 on interviews, than you've got bigger problems than not getting into dental school...

has anyone tried to call the school to find out about ur status? do u think i should? cuz i think they will at least tell us if something has been sent out or not

I hope you get in dude. If you go 0 for 7 on interviews, than you've got bigger problems than not getting into dental school...

Ouch, I disagree. So far as far as I know I am 2 for 11.

Or you could think about it 0 for 9...you can check my predents for my stats and stuff.

Cali resident, got my BIG envelope yesterday. My friends are reserving weekends at my future, not yet existent apartment in NY that they can stay at.:):):):):thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I also got my acceptance letter yesterday!!!!!!!! I have seen thaty many people have mentioned they received a BIG ENVELOPE.....I am just wondering if I received everything I was supposed to receive....

I just got a small envelope with a 1 page letter, the NYU magnet for the refrigerator, and a letter with advertisement for the summer research program...... Did anybody else get the same things I got?

I also got my acceptance letter yesterday!!!!!!!! I have seen thaty many people have mentioned they received a BIG ENVELOPE.....I am just wondering if I received everything I was supposed to receive....

I just got a small envelope with a 1 page letter, the NYU magnet for the refrigerator, and a letter with advertisement for the summer research program...... Did anybody else get the same things I got?

And it is another page which is basically a checklist asking for deposit and sending transcripts by the end of summer.

Thats it, just an acceptance letter, research ad., and a check list. Oh yea, do't forget the magnet.:thumbup::laugh:

So has anyone looked into housing? A friend of mine in my masters program suggested Brooklyn over Jersey...any other suggestions?

:D got big envelop today in the mail!! Union City, CA

has anyone tried to call the school to find out about ur status? do u think i should? cuz i think they will at least tell us if something has been sent out or not

I am also from Canada (ontario) and I got the letter on Dec. 2 ...
On dec. 1st I called them up and asked them if they mailed me anything and they said yes they did...and sure enough...i got it the next day...hopefully you hear the good news soon!

I'm fairly certain I'm attending. By the way, anyone else from Edmonton or Alberta thinking of attending?

I, once upon a time, lived in edmonton but have moved to ontario about three years ago...

So has anyone looked into housing? A friend of mine in my masters program suggested Brooklyn over Jersey...any other suggestions?

i have no idea where i should start looking for housing......any tips...:confused:

I'll probably be looking for housing for NYU as well, grrrr.

Do we have a facebook yet?

I was told rejection are mailed out in about a week or two.

Really? Did you confirm this with the office?

I'm still waiting for the letter. Do they mail it to the permanent address? (I interviewed early November)

Really? Did you confirm this with the office?

I'm still waiting for the letter. Do they mail it to the permanent address? (I interviewed early November)

You can call them on Monday! Most people received their letter last week, even those who lived in California, but I have not heard anybody who interviewed at NYU getting rejected yet! I think the best way to find out is to call Admissions Office.

I called the admissions office yesterday to find out whats going on. They sent something out for me on Tuesday but I still have not received anything.....how long does USPS take to deliver a letter :mad: He won't tell me what it is though!

I called the admissions office yesterday to find out whats going on. They sent something out for me on Tuesday but I still have not received anything.....how long does USPS take to deliver a letter :mad: He won't tell me what it is though!

Maybe I should call them on Monday to know at least if they sent something out for me. I'm just crossing my fingers that it won't be a waitlist or rejection.

ok. so those who are going to nyu, how worried are you about the tuition? NYU is my first choice for a ton of reasons BUT recently getting accepted into OSU (in-state) is keeping me from sending in the $2500 deposit. dang. dilemma.

OSU- cheap!!!, i am sick of ohio, not the best clinic/preclinic, lebron out?
NYU- not cheap, i would love to live in ny, state-of-the art facilities, lebron in?

need some opinions. thanks

ok. so those who are going to nyu, how worried are you about the tuition? NYU is my first choice for a ton of reasons BUT recently getting accepted into OSU (in-state) is keeping me from sending in the $2500 deposit. dang. dilemma.

NYU- not cheap, i would love to live in ny, state-of-the art facilities, lebron in?

I know what you mean. I'm having the same problem! I guess the price is pretty steep for NYU but from what students and faculty told me at the interview, nobody has trouble paying it off. Most choose to pay it off over 10 years while they are financing their practices, paying off mortgages, and supporting a family. Some told me that you can even pay it off over 5 years still living fairly comfortably, so the choice rests with you.

Personally, I'm coming from a fairly small city, Edmonton, and its been a dream of mine to live in NYC my whole life. I don't think that under any other circumstances would I move to New York out of my own free will, so this to me is the opportunity of a lifetime. Not to mention I thought the school was amazing too! Great clinical exposure, state of the art everything, and such a large and diverse student base. To me, it's a no brainer!

I know what you mean. I'm having the same problem! I guess the price is pretty steep for NYU but from what students and faculty told me at the interview, nobody has trouble paying it off. Most choose to pay it off over 10 years while they are financing their practices, paying off mortgages, and supporting a family. Some told me that you can even pay it off over 5 years still living fairly comfortably, so the choice rests with you.

Personally, I'm coming from a fairly small city, Edmonton, and its been a dream of mine to live in NYC my whole life. I don't think that under any other circumstances would I move to New York out of my own free will, so this to me is the opportunity of a lifetime. Not to mention I thought the school was amazing too! Great clinical exposure, state of the art everything, and such a large and diverse student base. To me, it's a no brainer!

:laugh::laugh::laugh: :thumbup:

hey hibernate,

I'm a canadian also leaning towards NYU. what route are you taking for fin. aid?

where are all you NYU students? help us out

exactly same here...i'm debating between UTDB (my state school) and NYU...i really want to go to NYU for so many reasons but the tuition worries me a bit...yea someone said everyone should live in new york at least once in their life time, but i guess that's kinda subjective idea :D although i think it's true and i would love to live in new york!!!!!!!!!! i'm still thinking hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):xf:

hey hibernate,

I'm a canadian also leaning towards NYU. what route are you taking for fin. aid?

Nice! Good to see the Canadians will be well represented in NYC! I was thinking of selling a kidney to get the ball rolling. Haha seriously though, I'm not too informed on the matter. I remember my brother getting a combination of government loans and a line of credit through RBC for 250k when he went to Boston for optometry 2 years ago. I guess I'll try to emulate his formula although I'll probably have to find extra sources of capital since NYU will be much more expensive.

got it! finally. nyu, why couldn't you be 100K cheaper... :( *tear*

I have a quick question for those of you who have been waitlisted.
how did u guys get those small letters?