*** Official Ohio State College of Dentistry Class of 2011 ***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

earthcap

Interview!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yep, I mailed out my acceptance letter yesterday. I just thought that we can start this thread to meet our future classmates. Exciting!

GO BUCKEYES!!

Members don't see this ad.

Count me in. That's great that your wife's family is in Ohio. That will be wonderful for her. Let's keep in touch.

Absolutely!
As much as I'm enjoying my Master's program down here, I can't wait till the dental school starts. Mom2dr, are you looking for a place to live in Columbus? or are you already situated?

Hey guys, I will be attending OSU medical starting this August. I fell in love with the place when I interviewed and have never looked back. I can't wait to get started there.

My uncle Mike owns a lot of real estate in Ohio. He recently obtained an apartment complex near the medical school. Since his brother (my Dad) is a doctor, he knows that medical students are great people and would be excellent tennants. He is therefore hoping to fill this place up with med and dental students, and has enlisted my help.

The building is on Highland St., about a 10 minute walk (0.15 miles) from the two schools. You can see the hospital from the top floor of it! It has a great backyard and off street parking. Moreover, since unlce Mike just bought it, he is sinking a lot of money into it to refurbish it this summer (new bathrooms, kitchens, redo hardwood floors etc.).

Each unit is a 2 bedroom apartment, so people who want to live with roommates will definitely love it. However, many tennants in the past have lived in a unit by themselves.

Honestly, I think this is just perfect for us medical/ dental students. It is a 10 minute walk, so you never have to pay for parking. Also, it will be great to live in a building filled with similar students. It will make studying a lot easier when your neighbors have the same workload as you.

I am currently abroad so I can only field questions via e-mail/ PM's. I will be back in the US around June 4th, so I can call after that. The rent is going to be very reasonable for students (probably around 300$ a month) so I bet this place will fill up. There are 3 units available for the coming school year, so drop me a line ASAP.

COngrats again and go Buckeyes!,
-Bobby