Official, Pre-Allo NOT ACCEPTED YET 2017 applicant thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just started filling out my primary as well. While yes it sucks to have to go through this process again, I am much more inspired this time around knowing I am on an HPWL and knowing that with some work I can put together a really bad ass application and hopefully get in next cycle. We wouldn't be on a wait list somewhere if we weren't qualified, and we wouldn't be applying again if we weren't dedicated.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The wait and thought of having to reapply are killing me .. slowly. I'm putting off ordering transcripts again but I'll probably do it by the end of next week if I don't hear back :(

By the way, are we allowed to submit an AMCAS application for this cycle while still being on the waitlist for another school? Is there some policy about this?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
The wait and thought of having to reapply are killing me .. slowly. I'm putting off ordering transcripts again but I'll probably do it by the end of next week if I don't hear back :(

By the way, are we allowed to submit an AMCAS application for this cycle while still being on the waitlist for another school? Is there some policy about this?
Uncertainty is the worst. It's very nearly time to make a decision on resigning my lease, accept a job offer, resubmit a primary application, etc. I think I'm with you; sit on it for another week and see what happens before I commit to anything. Another long, sleepless week...

Reactions: 1 user

I hear ya, I ordered all my transcripts again yesterday. Will submit the new Primary this Friday afternoon if no word comes in by then. I will only submit the primary to 4 or 5 schools initially to get my application in the line-up for review early on. I will add a bunch of schools closer to June 15. If I don't hear by then I'll assume it's over and commit myself to the full $$ cost of a new application cycle. Good luck people.

Any else out there tired of the awkward look friends/family/neighbors have when they are afraid to ask if you heard anything yet? lol. :shrug: :bang: :help::thumbup:

Reactions: 5 users
Will there be another "traffic day" soon?

IMO not really.
Starting 30 days before school starts, a student will have 2 business days to accept an offer. So for most of June, If John Smith already has an acceptance offer and is offered another one, he can be "undecided" about it for one week and technically hold 2 seats during that time.

That's my assessment, can someone peer review me?

From what I've read, there is no policy against it.

Uncertainty is the worst. It's very nearly time to make a decision on resigning my lease, accept a job offer, resubmit a primary application, etc. I think I'm with you; sit on it for another week and see what happens before I commit to anything. Another long, sleepless week...
It really is terrible ;_;
IMO not really.
Starting 30 days before school starts, a student will have 2 business days to accept an offer. So for most of June, If John Smith already has an acceptance offer and is offered another one, he can be "undecided" about it for one week and technically hold 2 seats during that time.

That's my assessment, can someone peer review me?
That's my understanding as well. Though the grace period to make a decision (before the 30 days) varies depending on the school. \

Submitting my primary sometime this week to one school (donation to Mayo) to make sure I get verified. In the mean time, I'll probably get a head start on pre-writing secondaries before submitting the rest of my list mid-June. Good luck to everyone else! Hopefully we get accepted before we submit our entire school list :rolleyes:

i'm waitlisted at the one school I interviewed out of my 40 secondaries ... hope it works out or ima be broke af. sad thinking about how I could be spending this money on med school instead of another cycle :|||||
Same boat here. I currently have a medschool laptop/tablet fund which will may soon need to be repurposed to apply for schools :arghh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I hear ya, I ordered all my transcripts again yesterday. Will submit the new Primary this Friday afternoon if no word comes in by then. I will only submit the primary to 4 or 5 schools initially to get my application in the line-up for review early on. I will add a bunch of schools closer to June 15. If I don't hear by then I'll assume it's over and commit myself to the full $$ cost of a new application cycle. Good luck people.

Why not just do one school?

When you get into grad school but can't even be happy because it's not medical school :)

a relatively busy day in Texas School offers yesterday, with
4 WL offers from UTSW (One OOS who will stick with prior school, one OOS for whom it is first acceptance, 2 In-state who will take it)
1 WL offer from UTMB
1 WL offer from TCOM (DO)
I expect more shuffling today as a result of this action

edited to add: Make that 5 total from UTSW!

Last edited:
a relatively busy day in Texas School offers yesterday, with
4 WL offers from UTSW (One OOS who will stick with prior school, one OOS for whom it is first acceptance, 2 In-state who will take it)
1 WL offer from UTMB
1 WL offer from TCOM (DO)
I expect more shuffling today as a result of this action
Any UT Houston action?

Last offer I saw was 5/19 but I have no inside scoop, I just summarize what people announce on SDN
Gotcha, that thread has been pretty dead. I'm OOS so hopefully it will move for us a little bit now that it's June 1st.

Why not just do one school?

I was verified in the early-middle of August last year, submitted in early-ish July, so I'm submitting to the schools that I received an interview invite from this year, or where I was wait listed for an interview. I think timing could have been a factor in my application at a couple of schools. I am below average on my GPA, a bit above- average on my MCAT but I think I wrote great essays.
It does makes sense to only do one school right now ($$) but I also want to be on top of these specific applications in particular.

Was offered a sweet job yesterday. Withdrawing from 5 wait lists. Good luck to those still waiting. I'll take these next 2 years to make my application stronger. Just letting you guys know who are still waiting, and would drop everything, that the waitlists are likely going to get shorter and shorter as time goes on. Best wishes, and never give up if medicine is what you truly want to do.

I'd also like to note that I applied late, and it wasn't my interview skills, as I seem to land every single job offer I interview for... Who knows...;)

Was offered a sweet job yesterday. Withdrawing from 5 wait lists. Good luck to those still waiting. I'll take these next 2 years to make my application stronger. Just letting you guys know who are still waiting, and would drop everything, that the waitlists are likely going to get shorter and shorter as time goes on. Best wishes, and never give up if medicine is what you truly want to do.
Hey! I would suggest you don't drop them! Who knows, maybe you will get in! Just my $0.02

Hey! I would suggest you don't drop them! Who knows, maybe you will get in! Just my $0.02

Agreed, there's no harm in keeping them, but you do you boo boo.

Reactions: 3 users
Sent off both AMCAS and AACOMAS applications yesterday. Today I got my first acceptance (M.D.)! I am first generation college student (high school GPA 2.3) who was homeless as a young adult. It has been a hard 10 years but I feel like I have finally made it. Good luck to you all! I would not have made it this far without SDN.

Update: went on to match at my #1 choice in diagnostic radiology.

Update March 2022: 4 months of intern year left before I start radiology. Intern year sucks, but I've learned a lot and met some great people.

Update March 2023: Current R1. I am tired and pretty burnt out from the hours and studying. I still love radiology, just need some time off.

Last edited:
Reactions: 54 users
Sent off both AMCAS and AACOMAS applications yesterday. Today I got my first acceptance (M.D.)! I am first generation college student (high school GPA 2.3) who was homeless as a young adult. It has been a hard 10 years but I feel like I have finally made it. Good luck to you all! I would not have made it this far without SDN.
Wow that must have been really annoying. But congratulations!!!!!

Congratulations!!!:):):highfive:

do you mean you got in from a WL from the cycle just wrapping up?

Bummer... another week of WL movement where I've been passed over... :(

Reactions: 1 users
Just submitted my AMCAS app again. Hopefully that means I will also get accepted Monday lol. I only applied to one school right now though, not ready to break the bank again. lol. Everyone still waiting, Good luck to us keeping it together :bullcrap::bullcrap::bullcrap::bullcrap:

Reactions: 5 users
3 Application cycles, 14 interviews, and 10 waitlists later, I finally received an acceptance
I've been through what all of you must be feeling right now and I really understand how it must feel
There exists hope! In another application cycle if not this one!

Reactions: 55 users
3 Application cycles, 14 interviews, and 10 waitlists later, I finally received an acceptance
I've been through what all of you must be feeling right now and I really understand how it must feel

Awesome, congratulations!!! :):highfive:

Reactions: 3 users
After being placed on 6 waitlists and waiting and waiting and waiting...Im happy to say that I received my very first acceptance this morning! TO all those waiting I had lost all hope, sent in my transcript and was going to submit my primaries this week, Best of luck for everyone!

Reactions: 34 users
I just got accepted. I cant even sit down right now Im so excited. Im crying Im so happy. I was on four waitlists. Glad to see some other people got accepted as well. I had already submitted my primary and in Texas a secondary. Wow. Best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 30 users
Wow, lots of movement in here.

Congrats to every one, that's huge!!!

After being placed on 6 waitlists and waiting and waiting and waiting...Im happy to say that I received my very first acceptance this morning! TO all those waiting I had lost all hope, sent in my transcript and was going to submit my primaries this week, Best of luck for everyone!

Woohoo!!! Congratulations!! :clap:

I just got accepted. I cant even sit down right now Im so excited. Im crying Im so happy. I was on four waitlists. Glad to see some other people got accepted as well. I had already submitted my primary and in Texas a secondary. Wow. Best of luck to you all!

Yayyyy!!! You did it!! Congratulations!!:highfive:

WOW. What did you do differently each cycle if you don't mind sharing? Congrats!!!!

That feel when you finally buy MSAR because you are formulating your school list for this upcoming cycle and you find out one of your state schools is the only school you were planning to apply where your MCAT is no longer valid (by two months!) :(

That feel when you finally buy MSAR because you are formulating your school list for this upcoming cycle and you find out one of your state schools is the only school you were planning to apply where your MCAT is no longer valid (by two months!) :(

Happened to my buddy last year. He retook the MCAT after studying for 1 month, crushed it, got 3 interviews (2 MD and one DO) and an acceptance at the DO school, wait listed at one of the MD schools. There is hope!

Reactions: 1 users
Or Wayne in the past ~week? Thanks
Wayne is most likely going to give a bunch out tomorrow. That's how it's been since May. Every other Friday they do it. They didn't last week because of Memorial Day Weekend I guess

Sent from my SM-G935T using SDN mobile

Sorry, no for both on my end.
So far this week it's been UCLA (a bunch), Case, UCSD, NW and USC.

everytime i see my schools, i am excited that there is movement, but sad that it wasn't me being called up this time around =/

hoping for the best for myself and all of those still waiting

Reactions: 7 users