Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LMMS: Sorry to hear that.... here's to hoping the G-MEN can bring you a victory this week at least!
Thanks so much! And by the way: NCSU is a bunch of poo poo heads. 🙄
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
LMMS: Sorry to hear that.... here's to hoping the G-MEN can bring you a victory this week at least!
Thanks so much! And by the way: NCSU is a bunch of poo poo heads. 🙄
Thanks so much everyone. I was pretty set on going to NC State if I got in, so I just need to pick a new one to root for 😉. Just got to Pomona after 13 hours of travel... YUCK! I don't get to be here long unfortunately, gotta get back for work, but I am looking very forward to seeing the school tomorrow. Thanks for your kind words everyone. I hope we can all rest easy soon with good news for all! 😀
Just a fun aside, I was in the same boat my first cycle: student at MSU and my parents moved to NCSU while I was living there so I had instate at MSU and NCSU 🙂Well I'm technically IS two places...my parents recently moved to Tennessee and I have confirmed IS there (no interview invites till end of feb) and I go to Michigan State and have lived in Michigan for 9 years and have IS here. Its weird haha I got waitlisted at MSU last year and will again now.
Thanks for the encouragment, you too virginger (love the name, im a ginger too hahah)
OH NO!!!!! 🙁 I was really rooting for you! I'm sure I will get mine in the mail today too... sorry 🙁🙁🙁
So sorry to see this, LW. I know this must be painful. But I can tell what a good and supportive person you are, and I know you will find success in time. You'll be okay.

I'm glad...because I meant it.Thanks Bisbee... that truly does make me feel better![]()
It really is. Believe me - I've been there. Hopefully third time's a charm for you too! 🙂Thanks guys! 😳 I think 2nd time rejection is worse than the 1st. Grr

LW- sucks. eat ice cream, wallow, and do whatever you want for a day. Then, FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS on next year. Put your energy into that. You WILL succeed.![]()


You guys are the best! I'm sorry to hear Laylaphone. This day sucks.
It's not alcohol, but right now I'm enjoying a large bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. Bittersweet. Makes the sting of rejection hurt a little less.
for my waitlist spot at Oregon State ... I hope everyone who was accepted there (and everywhere else) had an awesome application year, gets into their first pick schools, and opens up some seats... I admit this is not a totally unselfish remark, lol... I will be moving to Oregon and waiting till September 21st...
I knew it was going to happen when I didnt get an invite on the 17th. I have myfor my waitlist spot at Oregon State ... I hope everyone who was accepted there (and everywhere else) had an awesome application year, gets into their first pick schools, and opens up some seats... I admit this is not a totally unselfish remark, lol... I will be moving to Oregon and waiting till September 21st...
![]()
... and once again this thread has amazing people on it and those "soft skills" of being a good-person-who-is-passionate-about-veterinary-medicine is going to make for excellent vets once granted the opportunity!! ... and later on I bet we will show the same support and better the veterinary field...
Auburn University: Horseluv88 (OOS, snail mail 1/17), lolobend86(OOS, snail mail 1/17), Virginger (email 1/17 OOS), ARC99 (snail mail 1/17, OOS) cshep09 (OSS, snail mail 1/17)
Colorado State University: FutureDVM2016 (OOS - via email - Early Review 10/18/11), KassiesMom (OOS - via portal update), pethuman (OOS - via portal 12/16), jayme436 (OOS - via portal 12/16), jrwinsto (OOS-via portal 12/16), Marsala (OOS- via portal), lolobend86(OOS-via portal12/16), orca2011 (OOS-via portal 12/16), NStarz (OOS-via portal, 12/16), futurevet7 (OOS-via portal 12/16), muellermiller (OOS-via portal 1216), ponio (OOS, portal update 12/16), CorporateFatCat (OOS, e-mail 12/17), Howister (OOS-via portal 12/16), tigerkissedqt (OOS, email 12/17), saki117 (OOS-portal update, 12/16), Finnerma (IS-email 12/17), Snow Dogz (12/16 via portal, OOS), lux0r (12/17 via email, OOS),wlflfstdnt (OOS, email 12/17), penguinsrule (OOS, email, 12/17), RxyBrtn (NV WICHE, portal status change 1/26)
Cornell: zoovet (email 1/5, OOS) , Laylaphone (email 1/5, OOS ), NordiCat (email/portal update 1/5, OOS), Bisbee (email 1/5, IS),spoondiggity (email/portal update 1/5; OOS), TwistedRose (email/portal update 1/5; OOS), oxyjen (email 1/5, OOS), TigerWillow (email/portal update 1/5, OOS), Sallydog (email/portal update 1/5, OOS), Emiloo4 (email/portal 1/5, OOS), swj (email/portal 1/5, OOS), jayme436(email/portal 1/5, OOS), Bonsall (email/portal 1/5 OOS), KCDelilah (email/portal 1/5, OOS) lolobend86 (OOS 1/5), peperoncini (email/portal update 1/5, OOS), lwoodsi1 (email/portal update 1/5, IS)
Davis: fireflysushi (e-mail 1/18 OOS), ARC99 (email 1/18, OOS), emetty90 (email 1/18, OOS), swj (email 1/18 OOS), oxyjen (email 1/18 OOS) truffleshuffle (email 1/18 OOS), LMMS (email 1/19, OOS)
Florida: Virginger (email 1/17 OOS), oxyjen (email 1/17, OOS), spoondiggity (email 1/17, OOS) cshep09(email 1/17, OOS)
Iowa State: hedgehog (email 12/21, contract), LittleWiz (email 12/21, contract), Packers04 (email 12/21, contract), Snow Dogz (OOS, email and portal change 12/27, ponio (email/status change 12/27, OOS), FutureDVM2016 (status change 12/27, OOS), Escalla (status change, 12/27, OOS), missdvm (email 12/27, OOS), Virginger (status change 1/23, OOS, didnt make it off the interview wiatlist), lwoodsi1 (email & status change, 1/23, OOS)
Kansas State University: fireflysushi (OOS email 12/15/11), bbeventer (OOS email 12/15/11), Virginger (OOS, email 12/15), ARC99 (email 12/15/11, OOS), fromthebox (email 12/18/11, OOS), happydance (email 12/18/11, OOS), cowsanddiesels (email 12/19/11, OOS), macita183 (email 12/20/11, OOS), jessejames23 (email 12/20/11, OOS). jemappellejane (OOS email 12/21/11), Snow Dogz (12/21 via email, OOS), saki117 (email 12/21, OOS) Raimes (email 12/23, OOS), Baked Ziti (OOS, email 12/21/11), RxyBrtn (OOS, email 12/23), LittleWiz (OOS, snail mail 2/2)
Louisiana State University: TigerWillow (OOS - via status change-12/8), bandierose (OOS-status change 12/8/2011, Marsala (OOS-status change, 12/8), saki117 (OOS-status change 12/8) Raimes (OOS-status change 12/8), ARC99 (status change 12/8/11, OOS) ReilleysMom32(IS-Status Change 12/20) ouijetaime (status change 12/8/11, OOS), drwildlife (status change - Jan 14)
Michigan State: bmball (OOS - snail mail 12/22), futurevet7 (OOS-snail mail 12/24), tigerkissedqt (OOS-snail mail 12/27), missdvm (snail mail 12/27, OOS)
Minnesota: Virginger (OOS-email 1/5), Royal811 (IS - via emal 1/5), futurevet7 (contract-email 1/5), macita183 (OOS - email 1/5), Raimes (OOS email 1/5), Escalla (OOS - email 1/5), Fromthebox (OOS - email 1/5), princesspeaches (OOS - email 1/5), pethuman (OOS - email 1/5), Cypress (OOS - email 1/5), bbeventer (S, email 1/6/12), tigerkissedqt (OOS e-mail 1/5/12), BakedZiti (OOS, email 1/6/12), ARC99 (OOS, email 1/6/12), jemappellejane (OOS, email 1/18/12) Crazy bout qtrs (OOS, email 1/5/12) cshep09 (OSS, email 1/5)
Mississippi State University: drwildlife (OOS - via email) Raimes (OOS - via email 12/19), saki117(OOS-email 12/19); equine2be (OOS - via email 12/19), DVMDream (OOS, email 12/19), Spoondiggity (oos, email 12/19), cshep09 (OOS, email 12/19), WelshCob (OOS, email 12/19). jayme436 (OOS, email 12/19), ouijetaime (OOS, email 12/19/11)
Missouri: Cypress (OOS - snail mail 12/19), futurevet7 (OOS-snail mail 12/19), Raimes (OOS - snail mail 12/19), howister (OOS-snail mail 12/19), jemappellejane (OOS - snail mail 12/19), equitate (OOS - snail mail 12/19), jrwinsto (OOS-snail mail, 12/19), cowsanddiesels (OOS - snail mail 12/19), oxyjen (OOS - snail mail 12/19), orca2011 (OOS-snail mail 12/19), DVMDream (OOS-snail mail 12/20), jessejames23 (OOS - snail mail 12/17), CorporateFatCat (OOS-snail mail 12/20), fromthebox (snail mail 12/20/11, OOS), equine2be (OOS-snail mail 12/23), Cherrywheat (snail mail 12/24, OOS), bbeventer (OOS, snail mail 12/19), zoovet (snailmail 12/24, OOS), jayme436 (OOS, snail mail 12/19), mooshagen (OOS, snail mail sent 12/16), RxyBrtn (OOS, snail mail 12/17)
North Carolina State University: Psorophoraferox (OOS - via email - Early Review 10/21/11), oxyjen (OOS - via email- Early Review 12/15/11), ouijetaime (OOS, email, early review), NStarz (OOS, snail mail, 1/26/11), penguinsrule (OOS, snail mail, 1/28/12), Emiloo4 (1/30, snail, OOS), KCDelilah (snail mail 1/27, OOS)
Ohio State: Katie8 (OOS, status update, 1/23), TigerWillow (OOS, status update, 1/23), jushorsinaround (OOS, status change, 1/23), Velaineil (IS, email/status update, 1/23), Cypress (OOS, status change, 1/24), LMMS (OOS, snail mail, 1/30), kittkat (OOS, snail mail 1/30)
Oregon: tigerkissedqt (OOS- email 1/27), RxyBrtn (NV WICHE, e-mail 1/27)
Purdue: jemappellejane (OOS - email 12/14),whyevernot55 (oos, email 12/14), spoondiggity (oos, email 12/14),EnvyPointers (IS e-mail 12/14), Virginger (OOS, email 12/14), WelshCob (OOS email 12/14), animallover23 (OOS email 12/14)
The University of Edinburgh, Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Medicine: ReilleysMom32 (OOS, email 1/11)
Texas A&M: jalyndani (email 12/20, IS), abbercadaver (email 12/20 OOS)
Tufts: Virginger (snail mail 1/14, OOS), orca2011 (snail mail 1/14, OOS), spoondiggity (snail mail, 1/14 IS), bisbee (snail mail, 1/17 OOS) raimes (snail mail, 1/17, OOS), lolobend86( snail mail 1/14), happydance (snail mail 1/17, OOS), LaylaPhone (snail mail 1/17, OOS), lwoodsi1 (snai mail 1/14, OOS), ARC99 (snail mail 1/17, OOS), penguinsrule (snail mail, 1/17, OOS)
University of Illinois: futurevet7 (OOS-snail mail 12/7/11), howister (OOS-snail mail 12/7/11), jushorsinaround (OOS, snail mail, 12/7), cohenmeow (OOS-snail mail 12/8/11), Cypress (OOS - snail mail - 12/7), Escalla (OOS, snail mail, 12/8), muellermiller (OOS, snail mail, 12/7),fromthebox (OOS, snail mail 12/8), tigerkissedqt (OOS, snail mail, 12/8), whyevernot55 (OOS, snail mail 12/8), jayme436 (OOS, snail mail 12/8), CorporateFatCat (OOS, snail mail 12/8), bmball (OOS, snail mail 12/8), pethuman (OOS, snail mail 12/9), ponio (OOS, snail mail 12/8), Virginger (OOS, snail mail 12/7), ARC99 (snail mail 12/8/11, OOS), zoovet (snailmail 12/8, OOS), animallover23 (status change/letter 1/17 OOS) cshep09 (OOS, snailmail 1/17)
University of Glasgow: Animinevege (via e-mail on 11/22), TwistedRose (e-mail, 11/22)
VMRCVM: LaylaPhone (IS, e-mail 2/2), Misssc (IS, e-mail 2/2), Paris2014 (OOS,email2/2), Virginger (IS, email 2/2)
Washington State University: NStarz (OOS-snail mail, 12/19) Myotis (oos-snail mail, 12/20), CorporateFatCat (OOS, snail mail 12/23), Sallydog (OOS, snail mail 12/24), Whyevernot55 (OOS, snail mail 12/31), ponio (OOS, snail mail 12/31), spoondiggity (OOS, snail mail, 12/31), oxyjen (OOS, snail mail 1/3), futurevet7 (OOS, snail mail 12/31), Poppy327 (OOS, snail mail, 12/31), saki117 (OOS, snail mail, 12/31),wldlfstdnt (OOS, snail mail, 12/31), animallover23 (OOS, snail mail dated 12/15)


Thanks. If i wasn't pregnant i would totally be opening a bottle of wine right now. Oh well. Cheesecake and ice cream sound good to me right now. I know that it was meant to happen this way but rejection still stinks. I know this is still something I want to pursue and I will keep trying.You guys are the best! I'm sorry to hear Laylaphone. This day sucks.
It's not alcohol, but right now I'm enjoying a large bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. Bittersweet. Makes the sting of rejection hurt a little less.
Thanks. If i wasn't pregnant i would totally be opening a bottle of wine right now. Oh well. Cheesecake and ice cream sound good to me right now. I know that it was meant to happen this way but rejection still stinks. I know this is still something I want to pursue and I will keep trying.
I am so sorry LW and to everyone else with bad news. keep trying and it will happen one day if you still fight for it.

Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.