Official Release Date Confirmed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akalin24

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Aaron,

We are anticipating the scores to be available during the week of June 7.

Thank you,
MCAT Program Office
PO Box 4056
Iowa City IA 52243-4056
319-337-1357
8:30 to 5:00 CST

Just wanted to pass the news along to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

*gulp* Anyone else get a sudden feeling of impending doom?

akalin24 said:
Aaron,

We are anticipating the scores to be available during the week of June 7.

Thank you,
MCAT Program Office
PO Box 4056
Iowa City IA 52243-4056
319-337-1357
8:30 to 5:00 CST

Just wanted to pass the news along to everyone!

That's odd. I got this response yesterday (stock response others have gotten as well):

Thank You for contacting the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) program.

The Scheduled release date of MCAT scores for the April 17, 2004 exam is on or about June 15.

Scores from each MCAT administration will be mailed out approximately 60 days after test day by the MCAT Program Office in Iowa City. You may contact them directly at (319) 337-1357.

You may also view your scores online (slightly earlier than the 60 days) using the new Testing History (THx) Report system at www.aamc.org/mcat.

Please let us know if you need any additional assistance.

The MCAT Care Team
Association of American Medical Colleges
Section for Applicant Assessment Services
2450 N St., NW
Washington, DC 20037
U.S.A.

General Inquiries: 202-828-0690
Test Administration: 319-337-1357
Policy & Research: 202-828-0690
www.AAMC.ORG/MCAT

jbe

If it was as early as the 7th (Monday?) that would just be way cool!

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent the email request to an actual person not aamc.org!

I just received the message 20 minutes ago!

akalin24 said:

Cool, did you know someone in the office or did you get his name off the website somewhere.

Thanks for the info! I'm excited :)

I guess that TPR email was right after all.

Suddenly the anticipation seems better than actually knowing..... :eek:

Thank goodness...some concrete information. This anticipation is killing me!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wahooali said:
*gulp* Anyone else get a sudden feeling of impending doom?

LOL! That's EXACTLY how I felt when I read the first post on this thread... :(

i am soooooo scared............i have all my mcat prep materials ready just in case..........and i will sign up for admin... :scared:

I wouldnt say impending doom yet I feel like my stomach is in my shoes though.

Big Bill said:
I wouldnt say impending doom yet I feel like my stomach is in my shoes though.

solution: splurge on some grey goose.

actually, the scores for august were released about 3-4 days before the release date, so you kids might want to keep obsessively checking...every minute...

akalin24 said:

Could you pm me the guys email so that I can confirm this. I hope your right, I just want to make sure that they give me the same answer they gave you.

I actually just called the MCAT office in Iowa (the number you gave) and the guy told me the middle of June so someone is giving false impressions here. I think other people should call that number.

Ok, the now that I think about it, the tone of the email saying the 7th is completely different from the official emails I've been getting. I called the phone number and the guy couldn't tell me much. He said they usually come out 60 days after the test, available online a little sooner (said 3ish days when I asked how much a little was), and that they would give out more detailed info as it got closer.

I think this 7 Jun thing is BS.

pbehzad said:
Could you pm me the guys email so that I can confirm this. I hope your right, I just want to make sure that they give me the same answer they gave you.

I actually just called the MCAT office in Iowa (the number you gave) and the guy told me the middle of June so someone is giving false impressions here. I think other people should call that number.

MoosePilot said:
Ok, the now that I think about it, the tone of the email saying the 7th is completely different from the official emails I've been getting. I called the phone number and the guy couldn't tell me much. He said they usually come out 60 days after the test, available online a little sooner (said 3ish days when I asked how much a little was), and that they would give out more detailed info as it got closer.

I think this 7 Jun thing is BS.

I agree about the June 7 thing, I'm really thinking its BS. I'm not getting my hopes up for that date only for June 7th to come around and see the screen that says You have no scores. April MCAT scores will be ready in June. I also want the MCAT guys email because I hate to accuse anyone but how do we know he isn't lying.

CaptainJack02 said:
solution: splurge on some grey goose.

Nah! Gray Goose is too expensive, I'd go with something a little cheaper, like Absolute.

Well, if you think about it....The week of June 7th does not mean on the actual day of June 7....the week of June 7 goes to June 13 and we took it on April 17 so......It really could be sometime one day next week :scared: :scared: :scared: :eek:

AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

*Deep breath* No matter when, good luck, everybody! (Will somebody hold my hand for the next week or so?)

DSM said:
Well, if you think about it....The week of June 7th does not mean on the actual day of June 7....the week of June 7 goes to June 13 and we took it on April 17 so......It really could be sometime one day next week :scared: :scared: :scared: :eek:

Exactly. Mid-June they are saying...well the week of June 7th goes in to mid-June.

So when you check your score online, you get to the login screen, type in your username and password and hit login...

is your score right there on the first screen or do you have to click to another screen? Somone describe! The suspense is killing me! :eek:

MoosePilot said:
Check her pics out! :)

Be careful Labrat, you'll get a bunch of hand holding offers ;)
*blushes and shuffles feet*
"Shucks.."

dnelsen said:
So when you check your score online, you get to the login screen, type in your username and password and hit login...

is your score right there on the first screen or do you have to click to another screen? Somone describe! The suspense is killing me! :eek:
I heard it's on that screen. You know, the one that says "you have no scoress, yet." Not that I've been obsessively visiting the site every day for the past 2 weeks, or anything... :rolleyes: :laugh:

UNTlabrat said:
I heard it's on that screen. You know, the one that says "you have no scoress, yet." Not that I've been obsessively visiting the site every day for the past 2 weeks, or anything... :rolleyes: :laugh:

*raises hand to admit obsessive behavior in checking mcat scores daily*

Yeah, I've been checking everyday too!

I'm nervous mainly because the Kaplan prep course I took had their practice tests backwards when compared to the real thing. The Kaplan practice tests had impossible physical sciences, fairly hard verbal and fairly easy biological. The real MCAT had pretty easy physical sciences, hard biological and ridiculous verbal. I don't think my practice Kaplan scores mean anything anymore!

dnelsen said:
... I don't think my practice Kaplan scores mean anything anymore!

LOL. I know what you mean. I was happy w/ my TPR scores, but I keep rationalizing away any optimism. And I don't remember anything from my actual MCAT, except something about earthquake light (EQL). That seemed to have scarred me for life. :eek:

UNTlabrat said:

Also, my friend informed me that our ID for the April 2004 MCAT is going to be 27. (The August ID was 26). So do not be alarmed or have a heart-attack when you see 27 when you login and see your scores!

-tx

UNTlabrat said:
LOL. I know what you mean. I was happy w/ my TPR scores, but I keep rationalizing away any optimism. And I don't remember anything from my actual MCAT, except something about earthquake light (EQL). That seemed to have scarred me for life. :eek:

I don't know if you are talking about verbal or not but I had some god forsaken passage on the universe (or solar system or something), which I thought would be easy as it was a "natural sciences" passage...WTF, I think I spent about 10-15 minutes on it as it was my last passage and I swear some of the questions could not be answered by the passage (no inferences or deductions...nothing)!

txguy said:
Also, my friend informed me that our ID for the April 2004 MCAT is going to be 27. (The August ID was 26). So do not be alarmed or have a heart-attack when you see 27 when you login and see your scores!

-tx

Are these people sadists or something?! Why would they do that to us? Why couldn't the ID be something that couldn't possibly be confused with a score like XBT or something!

The scores do come up in the same window where it says April scores will be released in June. It's in a box with a blue top. In the blue top there are the headings:
series...test date...verbal...physical...writing...bio...total...AMCAS release

Below the headings is the corresponding info. It's all black except the series, which is a hyperlink, so it's blue.

So you might see:

27 April 2004 15 15 T 15 45 Y

The number before the Y is the important one :)

This is as best I can reproduce it, there are no dashes, just spaces.

Series Test Date Verbal Reasoning (VR) Physical Sciences (PS) Writing Sample (WS) Biological Sciences (BS)
26-----Aug 2004----------10---------------10-------------------O-------------------10---------

Then it will have your "Total" and then a 'Y' or 'N' for "AMCAS Release" heading

Just thought you guys should know...

THx display changed from "scores will be available in june" to "scores will be available in mid-june"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIVE US A DATE!

I just noticed the "MID-June" change, too. I thought I had been missing it all along during my new morning ritual (for the past four days!) of checking thx.
Thanks for the confirmation.

sheesh......

Thats weird - as soon as someone posted that THx had changed their display to mid-June, I went out there and took a look, and it still said June. I kept hitting refresh for like 20 minutes, and finally the mid-June thing came up.

I guess it shows that updates to the web-site do not happen simultaneously for everyone in the country. So when the MCAT scores come out for a few, I'm sure there will be some of us who'll have to wait a little bit for our scores to be posted

hey there guys..new here :) I took the april MCAT too..and am super nervous..i think i did really really bad..i had to blindly guess on 14 questions :( bah o well. i also applied to two BA/MD programs that dont need the MCAT's....SO maybe I will luck out :)

drguy22 said:
hey there guys..new here :) I took the april MCAT too..and am super nervous..i think i did really really bad..i had to blindly guess on 14 questions :( bah o well. i also applied to two BA/MD programs that dont need the MCAT's....SO maybe I will luck out :)

Where are those BA/MD programs with no MCAT requirement? Interesting :)

txguy said:

-tx

Umm...I'd take the 27, personally. Please make it 9's across the board.

dc

MoosePilot said:
Where are those BA/MD programs with no MCAT requirement? Interesting :)

you cant apply unless ur a student of the school...Im in NJ so its Rutgers-Robert Wood and Rutgers-NJ med. sorry

MD Rapper said:
Just thought you guys should know...

THx display changed from "scores will be available in june" to "scores will be available in mid-june"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIVE US A DATE!

Nice find! :thumbup: I didn't even notice that--I have been fixated on the "You have no scores yet"

Later during the week of June 7th is still mid-June, right? :idea:

-tx

txguy said:
Nice find! :thumbup: I didn't even notice that--I have been fixated on the "You have no scores yet"

Later during the week of June 7th is still mid-June, right? :idea:

-tx
well, techinically, i suppose ANYTHING from the 2nd-29th is sort of mid june. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: