Invited 8/21.

Members don't see this ad.

School: Roseman
Notification date: 8/17/17
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: CA
GPA (science, overall): 3.34, 3.58
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/23/23/ none below 20

Anyone else interviewing on September 15? I'm flying in on the 14th and looking for someone to split an Uber / a hotel room.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else interviewing on September 15? I'm flying in on the 14th and looking for someone to split an Uber / a hotel room.[

Try Airbnb.. I got a room in someone's house close to campus for $75 for 2 nights. A lot cheaper than a hotel.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone still not receive the under review email?

Can someone Explain some pros and cons about this school? Maybe a current Or alum student?

Can someone Explain some pros and cons about this school? Maybe a current Or alum student?

Try posting in the Dental section, That's were most of the students hang out. If you do a search I think there was someone who gave a detailed explanation of their D1. I can't remember who it was though.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Interview sent out Sep 6th at the end of the day! Scheduled for Sep 29th! Anybody have that day as well?

When did you receive the under review email?

For those of u with interviews, they asked to send a portrait picture. Are u guys getting this professional done or can it just be from an iPhone?

School: Roseman
Notification date: 8/17/17
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: CA
GPA (science, overall): 3.34, 3.58
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/23/23/ none below 20
Where do u plan on staying? Like a hotel near? A house? Motel. I'm from Cali too

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, how do u know when picking a place if it's near campus? Because address isn't given till after book

They will provide a general location/neighborhood before you book, then give you the full address after booking.

The hosts will be home since I'm only booking a room, not an entire apartment. One should always check their ratings for verified bookings & reviews.
Plus, it's Utah -_- not scary.

They will provide a general location/neighborhood before you book, then give you the full address after booking.

The hosts will be home since I'm only booking a room, not an entire apartment. One should always check their ratings for verified bookings & reviews.
When I use it it just gives me this circle on a map. I can't really tell from that where the property is . No streets or anything. -_-

For those of u with interviews, they asked to send a portrait picture. Are u guys getting this professional done or can it just be from an iPhone?
Im taking it with my professional camera! Not smiling, ears showing, white background, normal cloths, look up passport style photo requirements! Then converting it to a 2X2 Photo

What they mean by passport style is just that it should be 2x2. You should have a high quality photo which a newer iPhone can do just fine or if you have nice camera that works too. You can smile because it's not for an actual passport lol. I personally prefer the smile. You're going to be a dentist! Plus it will resonate good feelings when they look at your photo. The photo will get from the shoulders up for the most part so just wear something that looks business casual or professional around the shoulder area at least.

What they mean by passport style is just that it should be 2x2. You should have a high quality photo which a newer iPhone can do just fine or if you have nice camera that works too. You can smile because it's not for an actual passport lol. I personally prefer the smile. You're going to be a dentist! Plus it will resonate good feelings when they look at your photo. The photo will get from the shoulders up for the most part so just wear something that looks business casual or professional around the shoulder area at least.

Did you call and ask this? Pass port style photo illustrates something completely different.

Where do u plan on staying? Like a hotel near? A house? Motel. I'm from Cali too
I am a California resident, but go to school about 40 minutes away from Roseman. I'll just be driving up

Also, Pro-tip: If you fly from LAX, try flying Allegiant to PVU (Provo). It'll be half price and equidistant to Roseman from the SLC airport.

Yeah, not only is it Utah, but its South Jordan. Not scary at all.

Did you call and ask this? Pass port style photo illustrates something completely different.

Yup! They just want to make sure people don't send a headshot photo of 8 X 10. They want something they can clip to your application. I've already submitted 3 "passport style" photos for interviews. Don't look silly just look approachable and professional but you can smile!

Been under review since 8/8... Still waiting to hear back

Yup! They just want to make sure people don't send a headshot photo of 8 X 10. They want something they can clip to your application. I've already submitted 3 "passport style" photos for interviews. Don't look silly just look approachable and professional but you can smile!

Awesome thanks!

Anyone else interviewing this Friday, the 15th?!

Almost 5am, can't sleep. This is gonna be a loooonggggg week

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I received my "application is complete" email on 6/23. I have yet to get an email saying my file is under review. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks. Congrats on the interviews so far!

Anyone else interviewing this Friday, the 15th?!

Almost 5am, can't sleep. This is gonna be a loooonggggg week

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I am! First interview. Not sure how I should be feeling...

Interview sent out Sep 6th at the end of the day! Scheduled for Sep 29th! Anybody have that day as well?
Me too! I'll be arriving the day prior if you or anyone else want to meet up for dinner

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if Roseman tends to favor high DAT over low GPA?

Does anyone know if Roseman tends to favor high DAT over low GPA?
before or after interview invite?
In my experience, they don't care once you get an interview. They care more about "you". Sounds cheesy but it's true. If you fit the system then you good. (Or it was true when I was there)

In my experience, they don't care once you get an interview. They care more about "you". Sounds cheesy but it's true. If you fit the system then you good. (Or it was true when I was there)
No they actually care about numbers after interview. I have been to an interview and they told us that numbers still matter. People with stellar stats are on favorable sides by the school even though their interviews were just ok or mediocre. With stellar stats as long as you are not a jerk and you get early interviews, you are basically in.

I am not sure if anyone has said this on here already, but if anyone is flying in for the interview on the 15th and needs a ride to the interview or to the airport after the interview you can direct message me and I will try to work something out to help you

Reactions: 2 users
before

Me too! I'll be arriving the day prior if you or anyone else want to meet up for dinner

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Yes I forget when my flight gets in exactly the day before, I think it's around 6 or so! Where are you staying?

Anyone still not receive the under review email?
I haven't received the "under review " email yet, and I submitted it the first week of July. I'm not too worried since the dead line isn't until December 1st. If I don't hear anything by the end of October then I'll start to panic.

Reactions: 1 users
Hope you guys did well on the interview last Friday. Can you tell us a little about the experience?

Hope you guys did well on the interview last Friday. Can you tell us a little about the experience?
Hey! I was very fortunate to attend the interview last Friday and can tell you about my experience. There were close to 60 applicants that were there and we were separated into 4 groups (A,B.C,D). They spent about 2 hours talking about the school. In that time, they broke us into smaller groups to discuss specific subjects. Around 12, we had lunch with Roseman students/faculty. After that, depending on which group you are in, you either do your individual interview, observe/learn about technology in the sim lab, or do another activity focused on "person-centered caring" for two hours.
In my experience, the individual interview was the worst I've experienced so far (and I have been very fortunate to receive four). There were 3 people in the room, two faculty and one D3 student. My interview was about 17 minutes long and they spent all that time confirming things from my application, which they held in their hands. The only meaningful question I was asked was "why dentistry?", but other than that, they didn't really try to get to know me. They also interrupted me a lot and made me feel uncomfortable/defensive the entire time. For example, we had just finished discussing how my application says I was a musician for several years. Right afterwards, they mentioned how a lot of students take "easy A" classes and then immediately asked me about a music-related course I took 4 years ago- basically insinuating that I took that class because it was easy and not because I was interested in it. But, I have to stress. This was my experience. I know a lot of the other students who said that their interviewers were wonderful or their interviews were really easygoing and relaxed.
Around 2:50 p.m., they talked to us about financial aid and scholarships. Everything was over close to 3:30.
I hope this helps! Let me know if I can answer any other questions. Best of luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Hey! I was very fortunate to attend the interview last Friday and can tell you about my experience. There were close to 60 applicants that were there and we were separated into 4 groups (A,B.C,D). They spent about 2 hours talking about the school. In that time, they broke us into smaller groups to discuss specific subjects. Around 12, we had lunch with Roseman students/faculty. After that, depending on which group you are in, you either do your individual interview, observe/learn about technology in the sim lab, or do another activity focused on "person-centered caring" for two hours.
In my experience, the individual interview was the worst I've experienced so far (and I have been very fortunate to receive four). There were 3 people in the room, two faculty and one D3 student. My interview was about 17 minutes long and they spent all that time confirming things from my application, which they held in their hands. The only meaningful question I was asked was "why dentistry?", but other than that, they didn't really try to get to know me. They also interrupted me a lot and made me feel uncomfortable/defensive the entire time. For example, we had just finished discussing how my application says I was a musician for several years. Right afterwards, they mentioned how a lot of students take "easy A" classes and then immediately asked me about a music-related course I took 4 years ago- basically insinuating that I took that class because it was easy and not because I was interested in it. But, I have to stress. This was my experience. I know a lot of the other students who said that their interviewers were wonderful or their interviews were really easygoing and relaxed.
Around 2:50 p.m., they talked to us about financial aid and scholarships. Everything was over close to 3:30.
I hope this helps! Let me know if I can answer any other questions. Best of luck!
That's disappointing you didn't get the opportunity to shine during the interview. Almost could have done that over the phone. Last year, at a different schools interview, I felt kind of the same thing. They were kind of rude and I was sure they didn't like me. Months later I spoke to the dean to see what I could improve on for this year, to my surprise I got high makrs on the interview and they actually liked me a lot. So maybe they didn't need to ask you much because they liked what they saw.

By any chance do you know how many people total they interview? If there were 60 with you, then that means they could visit with 5-600 for only 84 openings.

That's disappointing you didn't get the opportunity to shine during the interview. Almost could have done that over the phone. Last year, at a different schools interview, I felt kind of the same thing. They were kind of rude and I was sure they didn't like me. Months later I spoke to the dean to see what I could improve on for this year, to my surprise I got high makrs on the interview and they actually liked me a lot. So maybe they didn't need to ask you much because they liked what they saw.

By any chance do you know how many people total they interview? If there were 60 with you, then that means they could visit with 5-600 for only 84 openings.
You might be right- maybe they liked what they saw on paper and didn't need a lot more information from me otherwise. It was still off-putting and made me feel as though Roseman isn't for me, which is unfortunate since it is a great school.
In the interview invitation email, they said that 1 in 6 applicants receive interviews and they received around 2200 applications, so they interview a lot of people.

They are admitting 100 seats this year.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received the post-interview essay prompt yet? I was expecting it the day of/after the interview

Homework has just hit my inbox. Good luck to everyone.

I got my interview offer! It is my third year applying to dental school and my first year applying to Roseman so I'm pretty excited and very nervous! Is anyone going to the interviews on October 13th? (Friday the 13th, of all days!)

Reactions: 2 users
I got my interview offer! It is my third year applying to dental school and my first year applying to Roseman so I'm pretty excited and very nervous! Is anyone going to the interviews on October 13th? (Friday the 13th, of all days!)
Congrats! When did you receive your app complete/reviewed emails?

Status
Not open for further replies.