Official SHPEP 2017 Forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What do you have to lose? nothing. Just apply and wait for their decision. I would not get my hopes up to avoid disappointment but I will most definitely finish the application. You still have a chance. Also if I may ask, which schools did you apply to? Depending on the school your chances might increase or decrease.
I applied to Columbia, Western, and LSU

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to Columbia, Western, and LSU
I will say Western is your best bet. The other ones will be hard but not impossible. Have you submitted your application, apart from the things that still needs to be verified? If you have not submitted your application, take your time and write a killer essay. Put time and effort into it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many people apply to the entire program?

Does anyone have statistic info by any chance?

I'm curious as to what they are.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone know how many people apply to the entire program?

Does anyone have statistic info by any chance?

I'm curious as to what they are.

I saw somewhere that either UCLA or Columbia had either 1300 or 1700 applicants last year

I will say Western is your best bet. The other ones will be hard but not impossible. Have you submitted your application, apart from the things that still needs to be verified? If you have not submitted your application, take your time and write a killer essay. Put time and effort into it.
Yeah it was completed by February 3rd

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to
Iowa
Western
Rutgers!

(Confirmed Rutgers)

Reactions: 2 users
confirmed to western pre medical
anyone from texas and will attend western?

Accepted to
Iowa
Western
Rutgers!

(Confirmed Rutgers)

Out of curiosity why did you pick Rutgers over Iowa? I say this because Iowa gives you a guaranteed interview when your applying to their graduate programs. To me that's a huge factor. Sadly I learned after I applied that Iowa gives guaranteed interviews :(

Reactions: 1 users
Browse the hashtag #SMDEP on Instagram! It's giving me life right now!!

Can anybody offer any insight between choosing Western or Nebraska? :)

Out of curiosity why did you pick Rutgers over Iowa? I say this because Iowa gives you a guaranteed interview when your applying to their graduate programs. To me that's a huge factor. Sadly I learned after I applied that Iowa gives guaranteed interviews :(

I did not know about the guaranteed interview!!! To be honest Iowa was my safety and I did not place much emphasis on it during my decision; also I live fairly close to Rutgers and felt it would be a better fit!

Hey! I got accepted for LSU for Pre-Med! I was wondering if anyone else will be attending at LSU site?

Attachments

• IMG_4440.PNG
    IMG_4440.PNG
    410.5 KB · Views: 105
Got accepted to UCLA (Confirmed) and Columbia. Rejected from Howard, my first choice! :meh:

Has anyone received an email from their site after they confirmed?

is there a Facebook group for people who got accepted?

Anyone be interesting to create a group for western U?

No ones gotten emails right? Are we gonna have to wait until April for regular deadline folks to get their decisions before we get further instructions?

I got accepted into university of Nebraska(confirmed) and university of Washington!!!! rejected from LSU :( Anyone else going to Nebraska?!

Last edited:
No ones gotten emails right? Are we gonna have to wait until April for regular deadline folks to get their decisions before we get further instructions?

That's what I'm thinking... But, I'm hoping for Monday. Lol

Where on the application page does it say your transcript and letter of rec have been received? I can't find it on the main page.

No, I didn't. Does it appear after you submit the app?
Yup. Once you submit your application, you can see your "status" and it'll show what's received and what isn't, and then the schools you applied for.