Official SHPEP 2017 Forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!!!!
Did you call today and inquire about them updating? I'm still waiting on both my sites

Thank you!! No, I haven't called them. The last time I called and talked to them they said there was a chronological list of waitlisted students. They let you off the list depending on where you are on the list. Good luck!
Which sites are you waiting on?

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you!! No, I haven't called them. The last time I called and talked to them they said there was a chronological list of waitlisted students. They let you off the list depending on where you are on the list. Good luck!
Which sites are you waiting on?
LSU and Howard!

I'm still chilling :( when was your initial action date if I may ask?
I'm sorry. I hope they let you know soon. It says 4/10/2017 now but I think it was like 3/30/2017 or somewhere around there originally.

I'm sorry. I hope they let you know soon. It says 4/10/2017 now but I think it was like 3/30/2017 or somewhere around there originally.
I hope I'm soon then if there's room, I was 3/27. Come on Houston work with me here!!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if there's any way your can decrease you chances by overcontacting them? lol

I GOT INTO HOUSTON!!!!!! THANK GOD!!! The wait is over! Anyone else?
Congratulations love! I'm happy for you! They emailed me saying they are trying to work as fast as possible through the waitlist so they said just keep looking at your status.

Has anyone gotten off of the University of Nebraska waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
this is becoming so annoying. Let people know if they're in the program or not in a timely fashion so they can figure out their summer plans.

Congratulations love! I'm happy for you! They emailed me saying they are trying to work as fast as possible through the waitlist so they said just keep looking at your status.
Thank you!! Yeah lol I was checking the website at least 50 times a day. Do you have another site you're waitlisted in? Good luck with Houston! :)

Last edited:
Did you email them today?

Yeah I got the same email from Houston saying: "Thank you for your interest in SHPEP at our UTHealth site. You are still on our wait list. We move through our wait list as quickly as we can as openings become available. It is hard to predict how that will go, so the only advice I can give at this point is to keep an eye on your status."

This is so annoying omg

Yeah I got the same email from Houston saying: "Thank you for your interest in SHPEP at our UTHealth site. You are still on our wait list. We move through our wait list as quickly as we can as openings become available. It is hard to predict how that will go, so the only advice I can give at this point is to keep an eye on your status."

This is so annoying omg
wait im on the waitlist too and didn't get that email, was it to everyone or you emailed them?

How long did it take for anyone to recieve an email back from the program site?

Has anyone called to UAB and asked how the waitlisted process works? I am really eager to know my status. Do you think I should call? I already sent an email and received no answer. Thank you.

This is so annoying omg
wait im on the waitlist too and didn't get that email, was it to everyone or you emailed them?
I emailed them like April 1st or 2nd and just got this reply today

Has anyone called to UAB and asked how the waitlisted process works? I am really eager to know my status. Do you think I should call? I already sent an email and received no answer. Thank you.
I think they're still working on the wait list because I got accepted there, but never got the official welcome email yet..

So Howard doesn't rank applicants and they haven't made any selections yet

I'm not sure. They just said its a very "dynamic process" and to give them more time.
So you somehow managed to do the impossible and got in touch with Howard?!? I am a student here and can't even contact anybody. What all did they say?

So you somehow managed to do the impossible and got in touch with Howard?!? I am a student here and can't even contact anybody. What all did they say?
I emailed them yesterday and got a response today

In case anyone was waiting, LSU is now full

I'm trying to be as humble as possible but y'all I got into LSU site today!

Reactions: 3 users