Official SHPEP 2017 Forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yeah I got an email from both of them. I have in faith in God that I'll get into Howard tomorrow so I'm going to keep praying!
Yes definitely keep your hopes up high because when I got denied ucla I thought I wasn't going to get into any sites. I was already looking for other internships lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey so if anyone else was accepted and confirmed to UCLA theres a Facebook page now! Congratulations to us all by the way! Keep going. Never stop never settle!
 
Anyone who got into LSU been contacted about further details yet? Also can we start a groupchat or something lol and congrats to anyone who recently got in!
 
If anyone is waiting for the University of Florida they just updated the application to site is full for me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yea Columbia. But I'm starting to seriously look for something else to do for the summer. What about you?
I'm waiting on Howard still. I applied to another medical summer program too so I'm hoping if I don't get off the waitlist for this one I'll get into that one! Good luck!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know of any jobs that look "good" for a pre dental applicant? For the summer, since I'm still waitlisted and planning as if I don't get in, I'm going to volunteer at a hospital, and shadow a dentist. But I also need a job... any ideas?
 
Does anyone know of any jobs that look "good" for a pre dental applicant? For the summer, since I'm still waitlisted and planning as if I don't get in, I'm going to volunteer at a hospital, and shadow a dentist. But I also need a job... any ideas?
I don't exactly know what's the dental equivalence, but I'm a Certified paraoptometric assistant, so I can work at an Optometrist place. Try being certified in something like that. It also adds experience in your resume and exposure for future dental schools.
 
I don't exactly know what's the dental equivalence, but I'm a Certified paraoptometric assistant, so I can work at an Optometrist place. Try being certified in something like that. It also adds experience in your resume and exposure for future dental schools.
Hi, been stalking the thread for a while but, How long did it take you to get certified I was looking into becoming a medical assistant if this doesn't work out and im pretty confused on the process🤔
 
Hi, been stalking the thread for a while but, How long did it take you to get certified I was looking into becoming a medical assistant if this doesn't work out and im pretty confused on the process🤔
It depends on where you live. I live in Florida, so they had Optometric assisting in a technical college (along with dental assisting and medical assisting). I took the course when I was in high school, so I graduated high school with that under my belt. How long it takes depends on where you take the course and the speed, like, it took me 2 school years with 3.5hrs M-F while adult students did it in one school year with 7hrs a day. I know with medical assisting, it's usually shorter, but don't quote me lol
TL;DR check around your area to see what they have.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad