Official Sleep Medicine Fellowship 2019-2020 Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What programs are people still waiting to hear from? Seems like this week will probably be the last week of interview offers until the cancellations roll in.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Any word from the California programs other than UC Davis and Stanford?

Offer from Salt Lake City today.

Oklahoma is still reviewing applications.

Offers to date:
Birmingham
UC Davis
OHSU
Salt Lake City

Because I don’t see it on the list: received one from rush university and northwestern few days ago.

Last edited:
Any post interview impressions or anyone know if there's other threads that have this information?

As far as I know no one has heard from Denver are they just not interviewing?

What is the etiquette for cancelling interviews? I have scheduled my max but I'm still waiting for one or two to come in and will need to cancel if these come in. Don't want to burn any bridges in case I need to reapply next year.

As far as I know no one has heard from Denver are they just not interviewing?

According to the ERAS list of 2020 participating programs, Denver still shows up as participating. Maybe they're just keeping everyone on their toes?

Offer from Pittsburgh today.

Any post interview impressions or anyone know if there's other threads that have this information?

I'm curious as well. My first IV is September though. Has UT Southwestern and Cleveland already IV ppl?

What is the etiquette for cancelling interviews? I have scheduled my max but I'm still waiting for one or two to come in and will need to cancel if these come in. Don't want to burn any bridges in case I need to reapply next year.

I'm thinking the same thing, I'm starting to become confined geographically. I just wrote to programs apologizing that my circumstances don't permit to IV, and to keep my applications in file for the future.

I'm curious as well. My first IV is September though. Has UT Southwestern and Cleveland already IV ppl?

I'm thinking the same thing, I'm starting to become confined geographically. I just wrote to programs apologizing that my circumstances don't permit to IV, and to keep my applications in file for the future.

I think UTSW has I don’t remember all the Cleveland dates though.

IV compiled list:
GW
Stanford
Yale
Dartmouth
Emory
UTSW
UT-Houston
University of Chicago
Vanderbilt
Cincinnati Children's
Cleveland Clinic
University of Washington
Mayo Rochester
Jackson Memorial
Thomas Jefferson
UC Davis
Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU)
Hennepin
JFK
University of Buffalo
Indiana University
Medical College of Wisconsin
Temple
Baylor
Washington University
Stony Brook
UAB
UNC
UIC
University of Maryland
University of Michigan
University of Missouri
Henry Ford
Boston University
Utah
Northwestern
Tufts
UPMC
Ohio State
Rush

Has anyone gone on an interview yet? If so hw was it? I have my first one coming up and I’m a bit nervous

Offer from UCLA friday.

I have heard from:

UAB (Birmingham)
UC Davis
OHSU
Salt Lake City
UPMC
UCLA

No rejection notifications yet.

Waiting to hear from Oklahoma and Dallas.

is anyone waiting to hear from Temple, but has not heard yet?

Just to add to the master list, I did receive an interview from Mt. Sinai (New York City) back in mid July- I think one of the first I received.
Also, some programs are interviewing into the 2nd week of October, so there is still definitely a chance to hear from programs.

I have not heard from U Penn, NYU Winthrop or Georgetown

Offer from UCLA friday.

I have heard from:

UAB (Birmingham)
UC Davis
OHSU
Salt Lake City
UPMC
UCLA

No rejection notifications yet.

Waiting to hear from Oklahoma and Dallas.

Have you heard back from UCLA after giving your interview date preferences?

Does anyone think it's a bad idea to call a program that has not sent an invite yet? It's my #1 choice, and already is on the master list on here...I've gotten IV at high end institutes, and not this!

Yes, you should contact them. I did that for one of the programs and ended up getting an interview
you never know if an application has fallen through the cracks!

IV compiled list:
GW
Stanford
Yale
Dartmouth
Emory
UTSW
UT-Houston
University of Chicago
Vanderbilt
Cincinnati Children's
Cleveland Clinic
University of Washington
Mayo Rochester
Jackson Memorial
Thomas Jefferson
UC Davis
Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU)
Hennepin
JFK
University of Buffalo
Indiana University
Medical College of Wisconsin
Temple
Baylor
Washington University
Stony Brook
UAB
UNC
UIC
University of Maryland
University of Michigan
University of Missouri
Henry Ford
Boston University
Utah
Northwestern
Tufts
UPMC
Ohio State
Rush
Pittsburgh
UPMC
UCLA
Mt. Sinai

Interview offers from Oklahoma and UTSW in Dallas today.

I got an IV! Thanks for the advice.

I'll be declining 3 interviews today just for this MAJOR one! So, hopefully that open interview slot goes to one of ya'll.
Getting nervous, anyone have their first IV yet?

Reactions: 1 users
I got an IV! Thanks for the advice.

I'll be declining 3 interviews today just for this MAJOR one! So, hopefully that open interview slot goes to one of ya'll.
Getting nervous, anyone have their first IV yet?
I’ve been to 2, heading to my third tomorrow. For the most part it’s pretty chill the usual interview questions similar to residency about why and tell me about yourself etc. one Program pimped but when speaking to their fellows I think it’s the only program that does. In general I think as long as you’re confident in yourself (but not cocky) you’ll be fine!

I’ve been to 2, heading to my third tomorrow. For the most part it’s pretty chill the usual interview questions similar to residency about why and tell me about yourself etc. one Program pimped but when speaking to their fellows I think it’s the only program that does. In general I think as long as you’re confident in yourself (but not cocky) you’ll be fine!
Thanks for the info. When you say "pimped" do you mean they asked you Sleep Medicine questions or simply asked you a lot about your resume?

Now that interviews are underway, anyone have any feedback or thoughts on how they're going? The few I've been on have been super chill and laid back. Mostly just getting to know you questions and not much in the way of application related question.

I'm a little apprehensive about the interviews that "pimp" about sleep. Any thoughts on how to prepare for those?

I have been to 2 IVs this far, and they all seem pretty chill, just as described by Horchata89.
BTW I received an invitation from USC just last week. They are only having 2 IV days next week. I had to decline it due to short notice.

• Wow
Just got University of Mississippi today. I'm already overbooked with days off for interviews...Seems like second round invites are coming through now?

Agreed that my interviews have also been very laid back thus far. The most thought-provoking question I was asked was to describe a recent patient case.

Has anyone heard from U Penn?

Has anyone heard from Norwalk or St. Vincent’s in Worcester. MA??

Agreed that my interviews have also been very laid back thus far. The most thought-provoking question I was asked was to describe a recent patient case.

Has anyone heard from U Penn?
Agree Interviews are laid back

Didn’t apply to U Penn... best of luck

At Mayo I got pimped not sure if others did.

At Mayo I got pimped not sure if others did.

Me too. Many scenario type questions from former program director.

Did anyone hear from Hopkins yet? Also, what did everyone think of the "video" interviewing options...looks like they didn't take the interview as seriously due to being video.

Me too. Many scenario type questions from former program director.

Did anyone hear from Hopkins yet? Also, what did everyone think of the "video" interviewing options...looks like they didn't take the interview as seriously due to being video.
I got kind of a weird vibe overall at Mayo. I’m sure it’s good training but very intense personalities.

I don't know how to rank these programs. If location is not an issue and being single, what things should I consider for ranking?