Official Sleep Medicine Fellowship 2019-2020 Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't know how to rank these programs. If location is not an issue and being single, what things should I consider for ranking?

I agree! The main decision trees come down to research heavy vs research light, want strong peds training or not and cost of living. At the end of the day, it's only 1 year and for the most part the programs seem to be rather similar.

Out of curiosity, are any of you NOT ranking programs that you interviewed at? If so, why (and which program if you don't mind)?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know how to rank these programs. If location is not an issue and being single, what things should I consider for ranking?
1. most important is if you want a clinical or a research-heavy program. if you know you are going to be a clinician, then probably better to go to a clinical program (where research not emphasized). however, if research is something you might consider in your career, then the opposite

2. how well you liked the program director. are current fellows happy? do they seem to prioritize the fellows?

3. diversity in training sites. some places emphasize more Peds, while others I went to did less of that. (there is Peds on the boards, so you will need some training). some places did not emphasize Neurology- which I am okay with.

4. how much you love the city!
it's only 1 year, so maybe also consider where you want to be after that. May be easier to say closer to where you want to practice

anyone know if there is a spreadsheet breaking down the pros and cons of sleep programs similar to the ones going around for residency interviews? Would love to see some feedback from different perspectives.

Members don't see this ad :)
Today is the day!!! Good luck to everyone! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations for those who match this week and all the best. For some reasons I didn't apply, but now decided to apply post match for the unfilled positions. Any idea how is the process and where to find these positions? Your input is really appreciated

Reactions: 1 users
Hello, I am looking for sleep medicine fellowship. Would greatly appreciate if anyone can help me with the places that remained unfilled. I did not register for the nrmp match so I am unaware of such spots. I will greatly appreciate any help. Thanks

Hi, Can someone please share list of unmatched sleep fellowship programs list. Thanks.

I accepted a position today. I never got the list; I just cold called every program

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 user
To everyone that matched, did anyone apply for the fellowship bootcamp? Has anyone heard back yet? Curious as trying to make travel/moving plans.

To everyone that matched, did anyone apply for the fellowship bootcamp? Has anyone heard back yet? Curious as trying to make travel/moving plans.

I haven’t heard back

I did end up hearing back.

Is anyone else going? It sounds fun!

I did end up hearing back.

Is anyone else going? It sounds fun!

Got the invite but had to cancel due to another event that came up in the interim. I hear it's a good intro to the fellowship. Have fun!

Out of curiosity...COVID related

With many new jobs being pushed back for graduating residents and fellows and with PSGs and sleep medicine in general being "non-emergent" and likely taking a hit (outside of televisits), what are the chances that fellowship start date gets pushed? Or fellowship gets impacted in anyway?

Reactions: 1 user
Out of curiosity...COVID related

With many new jobs being pushed back for graduating residents and fellows and with PSGs and sleep medicine in general being "non-emergent" and likely taking a hit (outside of televisits), what are the chances that fellowship start date gets pushed? Or fellowship gets impacted in anyway?
I’ve been wondering the same thing about applying this cycle. I’m predicting flying around for interviews will not be possible.