*****Official TEMPLE class of 2013 Acceptance thread******

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
7am-midnight. For sure :)

I have no idea... good question though anyone have a response??

Members don't see this ad.

From what i remember they said for the first year we will be doing ~8 to 4 I think don't quote me on it

i know someoen who goes there..

they said its 8 am to 11:30 (or 12:30 i forget). then you get an hour break for lunch... and then you can go anywhere from another half hour until 4. The latest is usually 4....depends on if it is class or lab....and if the professor lets you out early or if you get your stuff done. I'm not 100% sure of the exact times but that's how I heard it worked.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have most of you already found places to live??? I've been looking for months now but I will prob not be able to go to philly until end of May to check places out in person--do you guys think this is too late to be looking at apts??? Will the selection be pretty picked over by this time???

Hey guys,

I am looking to check out apartments end of May as well on Memorial Day weekend. Please let me know as I am looking for a roommate. I would like to move in sometime end of June.

PM if interested!

Henry on the Park is good if you are married/want a roommate or two.

for those of you planning to live in center city, have you guys already found places to live? and what places are you guys looking at/considering?

I know there was a guy in the facebook group trying to rent his apt in Rittenhouse square if anyone is interested.

for those of you planning to live in center city, have you guys already found places to live? and what places are you guys looking at/considering?

I plan on living in center city. Also check out northern liberties... iheard from friends it is really nice and the prices are much better than center city. They are no rox/man prices but hey... its the city! You rox/man peeps can crash on my couch anytime ! :)

Going up this weekend to checkout some houses myself.
O I have couple of questions
1) When will they mail us the invoice? It is somewhere in June right? When is a good time to go up and talk to the finanical aid office? ASAP? or wait for it come out first
2) Any of u make ur appointment for the PPD thing? Or is the school going to make the appointment for us?
3) How is the teeth collecting thing going along? got shot down by a dentist today, but gonna go to the hospital i volunteering at to try my luck.

Going up this weekend to checkout some houses myself.
O I have couple of questions
1) When will they mail us the invoice? It is somewhere in June right? When is a good time to go up and talk to the finanical aid office? ASAP? or wait for it come out first
2) Any of u make ur appointment for the PPD thing? Or is the school going to make the appointment for us?
3) How is the teeth collecting thing going along? got shot down by a dentist today, but gonna go to the hospital i volunteering at to try my luck.

invoice for waht and what ppd thing? haha... clearly i am out of it.
i talked to tery about financial she said you have ot wait til you get your award package to do anything.... but i'm sure you can go in and talk about loan options if you need to (which ido!)

Invoice- tutition bill
PPD- it said it on the health form
o do u need to make appointment to FA office or it is walk-in?

Last edited:
you can do the health stuff at any local health center. I did mine at my undergrads health center for pretty cheap just to get it out of the way.

Invoices... tuition.... ugh I wonder what the tuition hike is going to be!

Members don't see this ad :)
you can do the health stuff at any local health center. I did mine at my undergrads health center for pretty cheap just to get it out of the way.

Invoices... tuition.... ugh I wonder what the tuition hike is going to be!

I have been nightmaring over this since I got in....oh well!

the PPD,Temple want it done on the Student Health Service Center
it said upon arrive on the campus, so it mean when we begin class?
But it is a requirement to clear b4 we actually matricuate

Ooooooooooo I understand now... heh I was thinking the whole vaccine sheet not just PPD, totally forgot that they want to do the Tuberculin Test.

I have finished all my Titers now, but I guess I have to wait till I get to school for the PPD.

I'm assuming "upon arrival to Campus" meaning during Orientation or thereabouts.

hey guys i just got my bank statement, for some reason my deposit's check has not been cashed yet. I got my confirmation email about my deposit already so I don't know why they didn't cash it yet. Are they waiting for the FA report from FAFSA to come out in June? Did they cash your?

My app was set to be reviewed last Friday. Do people mind commenting on how long it took to hear a decision after final review of their file? Also, what was the first communication (status page, email, phone, snail mail)? I am obsessively checking the status page!

I have no idea how long after my review I heard back, but they notify by email. My AADSAS status has never changed.

My AADSAS changed in Dec, but a few weeks after I got the acceptance email. I would be more on the lookout for an email rather than a status change. Good Luck, I hope you get that email!

My AADSAS never changed and I'm a late applicant. It seems as though they cared near the beg. but stopped using it for us later applicants. Don't quote me on that, but I'd just keep a look out on the e-mail, too.

I got the "Correspondence mailed" status change. I'm assuming this is not good.

I just got my status change on AADSAS after 2 week or so of the email acceptance

Hmm i just looked at the application for in-state residency, hoped but the requirement seem ....
I doubt i can ever get in state now, now back to hunting for more scholarship i guess.

i just got my award letter for financial aid. finally! did anybody else?

u mean the complete package or the letter for stafford loan?
if it is the letter yes i got it too, i also received the MPN

When do we find out about the other loans?

Who are you all choosing for your AES lender? I am not a member of a credit union, so does it really matter???

Man I need help choosing a lender too!!
Right now my top choice so far is:
Wachoiva
.25% interest reduction
0% Fee
And principle reduction

Anyone know any better choice?
O question: do u just put the lender code in the MPN or u also need to apply at their website too?

Hey everyone, I will be a D3 at temple in the summer and am lookin' for a person (we are male if that matters) to rent out a master bedroom in our 3 bedroom apartment at summit park apartments, the other roomate is also a temple dental student, so its a great chance to get tips and advise from upperclassmen, plus we are all friendly :D Its the master bedroom and includes absolutly everything, your own walk in closet and and master bathroom and huge room for 650 a month, best deal around garanteed, many many students at temple dental live here so its a great chance to connect, let me know if anyone is interested, and send me a message. Good luck in the future and congrats. See you all soon.

Hey Temple kiddes, Class of 2013,

I found out this past week that I was accepted. I'm located in southern California and I'm trying to get myself organized and make this move in a methodical manner. Does anyone, who has been through this process, have a checklist of what needs to be done in terms of financial aid, finding housing, etc?

I should be receiving my financial aid offer this next week in the mail. At that point, I'm going to need some guidance. What is step 1 here?

Any advice and help would be greatly appreciate. Thank you!

this is pre-dental...not pre-med....sorry for the confusion. Still new to SDN and learning...:rolleyes:

Should have gone pre dent, we are the coolest ;)

Hey everyone,

When will we get a book list?

Also, how much should we anticipate spending on books?

These questions are probably geared towards a student already there, but hopefully we get some answers.

Along those lines as well, do most students get new computer? Mine is 4 years old but gets the job done. Do we need computers in general? And if so, does it matter laptops or desktops?

Congrats to all of you on getting in to temple (I'm a new sophomore). I hope you like maroon (you'll find out what I mean by that at orientation if you haven't heard already). Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm moving out of my one bedroom apartment at the end of the month and if anyone is still looking I highly recommend this place. The landlord is super nice and the place has refinished hardwood floors, a large, updated kitchen (not granite and stainless steel, but all new appliances nonetheless), and is a fantastic location. I get to school in under 10 minutes and still have all the advantages of living in manayunk. The address is 431 righter st if you want to see it on google, and there's always tons of parking (all landlords say that, but this time it really is true, I always park right in front of the house). Its also very quiet and safe, and there's a great little ice cream place just 50 yds away. Officially I think the rent is 900 (steep, but there's so much room that its worth it), but I paid 6 months up front and she knocked it down to 800. Email me at [email protected] and I'll get you in contact with the landlord.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great summer, but don't worry too much about the first semester, biochem is the only real bump in the road till second semester. And don't buy all the books, only a handful are worth the money (for first semester just buy materials and resto, though I hardly used either of those).

Hey everyone, I will be a D3 at temple in the summer and am lookin' for a person (we are male if that matters) to rent out a master bedroom in our 3 bedroom apartment at summit park apartments, the other roomate is also a temple dental student, so its a great chance to get tips and advise from upperclassmen, plus we are all friendly :D Its the master bedroom and includes absolutly everything (electric water heat gas etc), your own walk in closet and and master bathroom and huge room for 650 a month, best deal around garanteed, many many students at temple dental live here so its a great chance to connect, let me know if anyone is interested, and send me a message. Good luck in the future and congrats. See you all soon. fyi my number is 570-807-0914.

anyone has their background check completed? I got my welfare one done already but the criminal one is taking so long, I called the place up they told 3 weeks ago that everything is backing up it is running slow, and I have the call back next week. Ever since then I am unable to get a hold of them, all I got is this stupid voicemail, I think the lady is on vacation or something. Just wondering if anyone has the same problem

I did mine back when the forms were sent to us... it took me like 3weeks to get it back. You've got 2 and a half months till school starts. Just chill and enjoy the last moments of freedom :)

true, i guess i will chill, and continue to look for the best house there is.
n one of these day i will go up to philly again just to hunt for the places that sell the best food! :)

Hello everyone, I got a great deal for you guys, This is at summit park apartments, For 491 a month! free parking spot, ALL utilities included includes cable with HBO electric internet water heat gas etc, in a nice 3 bedroom apartment in roxborough area to room with two other temple third year dental students. We are easy-going looking to rent out a 12 by 12 room in a safe neigborhood. Let me know or give me a call 570-807-0914 thanks and congrats!

Wow just got the email about the parking at Temple man it is expensive.

Hey everyone, I am currently a student and thought I would answer some quick questions:

1. Security-- Honestly from my experience its been fine, I am male who consistently takes the subway home between 8-10:30 pm (allegheny to center city (city hall)). As with anywhere however, girls probably shouldn't walk to their cars by themselves after its dark (still haven't heard of any real problems, but its smart to be safe).
-- also you will see some sketchy characters from time to time, but my experience with cities is that you have sketchy characters everywhere.

2. Preclinic-- The chairs are wooden, and things sometimes break, overall however I think its fine for everything you will be doing for two years. For instance dropping a box in an ivorine tooth feels pretty similar no matter which schools pre-clinic your in.

3. Atmosphere- Definitely superior to any other dental school I've seen. I was overwhelmed with how much everyone is willing to help each other out. This doesn't mean people aren't competitive, it just means people aren't so competitive that they aren't willing to be friendly and social.

5. Change-- Have a brand new dean who has a lot of goals for the school, and I think he will be able to achieve them. For instance the clinic experience is most likely going to shift to a more team oriented treatment planning (or thats what I gather).

6. Housing--
City: convienince, no driving, clubs, tons of variety in terms of food ect. But also things are more expensive and sometimes getting things like groceries can be annoying (there are ways to get around this tho such as ZIP cars ect).
Rox/Many ect: Have a car, lots of bbq's going on, carpools, ect. It seems like this is better for people that have a family (I personally live in the city tho so I am just speculating).

7. Lecture rooms-- not the greatest, but honestly besides for a projector going out or something like that happening on rare occassion they really aren't that terrible. Sure if you sit in the last row you wont be able to see the screen, but there are always like 20 seats open up front.

Thats all I can think of. Anyways I just figured I would send out this info, because I remember being in your guys positions and worrying about everything. Relax. Your not going to fail out, Your not going to get robbed trying to walk into the school, Everyone isn't weird (actually everyone is surprisingly fun).

Good luck to everyone.

wow thz for the heads up got one question
I talked to students in buffalo they said that they post old exam on blackboard as reference to help student study, does temple do the same?
I know there is tutor program, how u get that when u need it?

yo, congrats, guys.. Temple is a good school where overall I feel confident that I will acquire the experience I need. The area is not that bad around the school and common sense goes a long way. We moved from CA last year and live in Roxborough off of HEnry ave like alot of students with families. The surrounding area is very nice, safe and good for students with kids or people just looking to live outside the city. gl

Hey I am planning on living at henry on the park but I just read some reviews on the web and found disturbing comments. Can anyone verify these for me?? You can say it here or just PM me I don't care.

I heard that a management company took them over last year and they have slowly been going down hill...

Someone also mentioned that the new management just made a deal to house people with mental disorders from a local psychiatric clinic or something... ?

Another review complained about how the management doesn't fix any issues, like broken elevators and such?

I had thought that parking was a non issue, but I saw a lot of people complaining about parking.

I'm all set to move in in a month, but this stuff seemed a little sketchy... can anyone verify any of it??
thanks

Hey I am planning on living at henry on the park but I just read some reviews on the web and found disturbing comments. Can anyone verify these for me?? You can say it here or just PM me I don't care.

I heard that a management company took them over last year and they have slowly been going down hill...

Someone also mentioned that the new management just made a deal to house people with mental disorders from a local psychiatric clinic or something... ?

Another review complained about how the management doesn't fix any issues, like broken elevators and such?

I had thought that parking was a non issue, but I saw a lot of people complaining about parking.

I'm all set to move in in a month, but this stuff seemed a little sketchy... can anyone verify any of it??
thanks

I am looking to live in manayunk also. I noticed that MOST of the apartments have terrible reviews...

maintenance sucks... drug lords (?!?!)... sketchy people... hallways smell like pee... laundry room isnasty... etc etc.....

anyone living there have any info ont hese units temple sent us?

henry on the park... donna court... osborne apts... etc?

What I posted was from Henry on the Park reviews. I looked into the other popular one, SUmmit park. It seems ok for singles but if your married/family it's not too hot. I found one that is awesome but it's $$ in Manyanuk Dobsom Apts (sp?) but that one is 1595 with 1bedroom/den....

Hello everyone,

Congrats again on everyone getting accepted and hope all is well this summer.

I am writing to see if anyone else is still looking for a place to live and if anyone was looking for a roommate this upcoming year. I am going to be a student this fall and would like to find a place out in the manayunk area, and I prefer to live with a fellow dental student to ease the transition. I am a genuinely neat guy and take care of my things and I generally always get along with all types of people. If anyone is in the same situation for housing or need a place to fill definitely let me know and we can get in touch. Feel free to Personal message me here or at [email protected] . Thanks again everyone, and I look forward to meeting all the incoming / upper class students. See you in the Fall.

Joe