*****Official TEMPLE class of 2013 Acceptance thread******

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any other BYU people heading there next year?

Members don't see this ad.

hey all, I'll be in temple this august:love:....so excited but scared of the weather too...biiiiiiig change from texas to philly:scared:

we'll be inside all the time anyway, doesn't matter that much :)

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know when exactly is Temple's white coat ceremony? i don't know if I'll be going...is anyone here going??

It's not until either the end of second year or beginning of third year.

Oh wow I didn't know Temple had a white coat ceremony! I mean, ever school probably does, but I don't remember them telling us about it in the interview process etc.

Last edited:
i am looking for a female roommate for roxborough/manayank area in summit park. please message. serious people only. thanks!

I've got some good news for all you on the waitlist. After going back and forth, I've finally decided to withdraw my hold on a seat for the next class. Someone's getting a call soon.

Good luck you guys!

Just got an acceptance in an email. Will be declining the offer though.

Bump. My second deposit was received. Any current students with any thoughts about living in Mt Airy?

I'm living in Roxborough.. Henry on the Park I think

Hey everyone!
Congratulations to all who are heading to Temple! I have yet to apply to dental school, but Temple is my number 1. To those who may have had a sub par GPA would you mind pm'ing me with your stats /or what you think made you stand out ?

Thank you!

I am going to be a PG student at Temple School of Dentistry. I was wondering if anyone was looking for a roommate. I hear Summit Park Apartments are really good. I would highly prefer that. A living situation with one or two roommates (male). Please PM if interested. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Bump. Anybody gonna be in Philly this summer? I'll hopefully be moving in either the end of June or early July so PM or Facebook me if you wanna start checkin out the bar scene!

Anyone know if we have to buy our own private health insurance, or if we can get a school plan???

Sweet! Just got the long waited acceptance email as well (interviewed early January). Time to think about all the logistics, financial and other good stuff :D

Join the facebook page, see you next year

Just got accepted after interviewing in January as well! will be attending!

Hey everyone, I will be a D3 at temple in the summer and am lookin' for a person (we are male if that matters) to rent out a master bedroom in our 3 bedroom apartment at summit park apartments, the other roomate is also a temple dental student, so its a great chance to get tips and advise from upperclassmen, plus we are all friendly :D Its the master bedroom and includes absolutly everything except internet ($12), your own walk in closet and and master bathroom and huge room for 650 a month, best deal around garanteed, many many students at temple dental live here so its a great chance to connect, let me know if anyone is interested, and send me a message. Good luck in the future and congrats. See you all soon.

anyone know when orientation is and when classes start...along with any other important dates before that?

Trying to plan out some family things for the summer / moving in time-line but can't find that info anywhere! Also if you can direct me to the info if you have it online that would be great as well!

YAY!

This was sent in an email a few weeks ago. Hope that helps!

Freshman Orientation will occur Thursday and Friday August 27 and 28, 2009. Attendance is Mandatory and there are no exceptions. The complete academic calendar for 2009-2010 is attached. The dress code for freshmen orientation is business casual. Your photo will be taken for a class composite and you will be meeting the Dean and future faculty members! Thursday’s session will be a brief overview of the many services offered to you as students, and is the first opportunity to meet your classmates and upperclassmen. Friday’s session is less formal and you will receive your dental instrument kit. Because you will be assigned lockers, please bring at least two combination locks.

This was sent in an email a few weeks ago. Hope that helps!

Freshman Orientation will occur Thursday and Friday August 27 and 28, 2009. Attendance is Mandatory and there are no exceptions. The complete academic calendar for 2009-2010 is attached. The dress code for freshmen orientation is business casual. Your photo will be taken for a class composite and you will be meeting the Dean and future faculty members! Thursday’s session will be a brief overview of the many services offered to you as students, and is the first opportunity to meet your classmates and upperclassmen. Friday’s session is less formal and you will receive your dental instrument kit. Because you will be assigned lockers, please bring at least two combination locks.

Hey thanks! That helps a lot! When does everyone think they will be moving in?? I was thinking August but I see people are planning on June and July and I'm just curious as to if they have a special reason for moving in that early? I plan on staying with my parents all summer until classes start..... maybe vacationing here and there... :)

Last edited:
I will be working and going on vacations throughout the summer, but I plan on driving a Uhaul with all my crap out end of July. I'll be back for good about a week before school starts.

I would definitely be there and moved in a couple days before Orientation. You will want to be at least semi acquainted with the area before school starts.

Hey thanks for the reply. I def plan on moving in August 1st ish---but was wondering if it was necessary any earlier. I don't see why I would need over a month to get prepared for school, but I did notice others said they were planning on earlier than that! I guess everyone is different.

One more Q: Anyone know if we can have Mac? I know its diff at various schools... I've heard Temple does not require a computer (weird) but... I'm assuming that means we can use a mac as our computer?

What do most people pay for rent? Just any estimates/locations would be great.

Is anyone planning on living in Center City? I really want to live in Center City but at the same time, I don't want to be isolated from everyone; does anyone know if Center City is popular for Temple dent students?

Hey thanks for the reply. I def plan on moving in August 1st ish---but was wondering if it was necessary any earlier. I don't see why I would need over a month to get prepared for school, but I did notice others said they were planning on earlier than that! I guess everyone is different.

One more Q: Anyone know if we can have Mac? I know its diff at various schools... I've heard Temple does not require a computer (weird) but... I'm assuming that means we can use a mac as our computer?

Temple doesn't have a computer requirement. Out of 125 students in my class, I have seen a maximum of like 5 people bring computers to class. We get free and unlimited printing of all pds, powerpoints, and documents

Is anyone planning on living in Center City? I really want to live in Center City but at the same time, I don't want to be isolated from everyone; does anyone know if Center City is popular for Temple dent students?

Yes, it is. Actually half the class lives in Center City and the other half live around Manayunk/Roxborough (more suburb feeling).

What do most people pay for rent? Just any estimates/locations would be great.

Manayunk/Roxborough: $500-700 for a room, $800-$900 for studio
City: $700-$1000 for a room, studio around $900-$1200

those are rough numbers, but people who live in the city usually pay more. if you plan on having a car, then don't live in the city. parking is horrible.

If you're married the situation gets much pricier...

Roxborough is $1300-1800
City: $ 1600-2200

does anyone know if we have to wear scrubs 1st and 2nd yr. or are we only required to wear them 3rd and 4th yr?

The dress code I believe is short shorts and tank tops for all the guys and girls have to wear chain mail shark suits.

I plan on wearing scrubs all 4 years-they are so comfortable, it's like you're wearing pjs to class!

Anybody got a list or a website where people can find roomates at Temple Dental???? I would really appreciate any feedback. THanks.

Just got in!!!!so excited! looking foward to seeing you all in august

quick question
Do they send you a confirmation email about the arrival of the deposit? I am so happy right now, cuz I got off the "waitlist" and received an acceptance email. I send my deposit the very next day via express, according to the tracking it has arrived for 2 days but I had yet receive any further instruction. Should I call? Deadline is April 20 apprently, emailed Brian last night still waiting for his reply.

They sent me a confirmation for both deposits..

k thz i guess I will give them a call on monday just to make sure since that is the last day for deposit, if anything I will have time to hand in the deposit personally. Well if all go smooth see u guys in august!

It took them 1 week from the time my second deposit was received until I received confirmation from Terry Griffin. I was told that the deposits actually end up at the main campus, even though the address that we were directed to send them to is in the SOD, and it takes some time for university mail to shuffle it to the correct place. Anyway, as long as you have confirmation that it was delivered, you are all good.

Hi. I REALLY want to go to Temple...I would choose going here over Harvard, Conn, etc....WTV! I'm a Canadian who currently has a 3.26 gpa. If anyone could please suggest to me any tips on how to get it, I would really appreciate it! Plus, does anyone have an idea of what gpas Canadians who go to Temple usually have? Or even what were your GPAs, Ecs, etc... Please PM me..THANKS! AND GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN @ TEMPPLLEEEE!!!:D

well from what i got from temple, it seem like they are big on 2 things: leadership skill and volunteers. Try to show them you are good at those, because it was mentioned over and over at the interview.

just to clarify... we do not need to get scrubs for the first 2 years ... right?

How long are we in class our freshman year?

I know Temple Med is there 8-12, and I am anticipating that we will be there longer than that, but does anyone know?