OFFICIAL "The Rejection Letters Are Piling Up Higher Than The BullS**T By The AdComs"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cherebourg

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm Mad As Hell And I'm Not Going To Take it!

Members don't see this ad.

well, I don't WANT to take it but we don't really have a choice. do we?

Cherebourg, it seems like all of your posts and threads are bitch fits. Maybe you should try thinking more positively.

Members don't see this ad :)
Or try drinking more positively.

tacrum43 said:
Cherebourg, it seems like all of your posts and threads are bitch fits. Maybe you should try thinking more positively.

I'm not a postitive person; nor have I ever been. I am bitter and if this whole process hasn't made you the same you are in serious denial.

Cherebourg said:
I'm not a postitive person; nor have I ever been. I am bitter and if this whole process hasn't made you the same you are in serious denial.

I generally don't look for bitterness and negativity in my physician.

You're what, 1/2 of the way through the admissions season, right? Which schools are you still waiting to hear from?

Cherebourg said:

This process is what you make of it. At any rate, i hope you become less bitter as you hear back from more schools :luck: Be glad it's almost over :D

fightingsaint said:
Ha...Jimmy Buffett
The Movie "Network".... During one broadcast, Beale starts screaming "bull****" in the middle of the program that is going out live across the country. He yells the, now classic, line: "I want you to get up out of your chair, stick your head out the window and yell, I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!"

tacrum43 said:

xela said:

No kidding.

xela said:

You're what, 1/2 of the way through the admissions season, right? Which schools are you still waiting to hear from?

I don't generally look for bitterness in them either, but that doesn't change the fact that many MD's are bitter.

Cherebourg said:

HAHAHAHA! Seriously, the best, most accurate post I've ever seen on SDN.

getunconcsious said:
HAHAHAHA! Seriously, the best, most accurate post I've ever seen on SDN.

I'm not bitter, I knew coming in this wasn't going to be easy. I still have several schools I'm waiting to hear back from. Okay, well, if you look at my profile, you might see I was a little angry at UC Davis for taking so long to reject me pre-secondary, but on the whole I'm not bitter. So I guess that means I'm in denial. But who's to say which is better?

tacrum43 said:
I'm not bitter, I knew coming in this wasn't going to be easy. I still have several schools I'm waiting to hear back from. Okay, well, if you look at my profile, you might see I was a little angry at UC Davis for taking so long to reject me pre-secondary, but on the whole I'm not bitter. So I guess that means I'm in denial. But who's to say which is better?

Well why you even angry you got rejected to a 2nd rate or 3rd rate medical school? You can go to better one. From all the UCs that you applied to, UC Davis and UC Irvine should be your safety school. It's one of those what's that school that nobody really know about or care.

xadmin said:
Well why you even angry you got rejected to a 2nd rate or 3rd rate medical school? You can go to better one. From all the UCs that you applied to, UC Davis and UC Irvine should be your safety school. It's one of those what's that school that nobody really know about or care.

No school in CA is a back up school, the average MCAT at both Davis and Irvine is 32.

dr.z said:
Maybe I'll send the rejection letters back to adcoms!

If you're already in a school, you could do my personal favorite and call up a school the day you receive your rejection letter and ask to withdraw your application. Sometimes the person on the other end of the phone will practically be begging you to leave yourself under consideration. I actually had a top 5 business school that had rejected me trying to convince me that they were as strong in Atlanta as another school. I, of course, thoroughly assured them that they were wrong and that I had made up my mind.

heh. Wonder what they thought when they went to shut down my file and realized that I had already been terminated. :smuggrin: (This method works best when you already have an acceptance under your belt, I should add.)

Or you could do the old standby and model a rejection letter of a rejection letter after a rejection letter.

Dear Adcom,

This year I have received numerous rejection letters from many qualified schools, and I am sorry to inform you that I cannot accept your rejection letter at this time. This year has been one of the most competitive ever, and....yada yada yada.