***OFFICIAL UCLA 2007 Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did anyone from the dec 1st interview get an acceptance yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Noemi just called to let me know that I was accepted. I interviewed 12/1 and LOVED ucla! i am soooo excited and happy! :love: :love:

good luck to everyone else...

Ummmmmm. Can I join this club too!

Noemi just called to let me know that I was accepted. I interviewed 12/1 and LOVED ucla! i am soooo excited and happy! :love: :love:

good luck to everyone else...

That's awesome....congratulations!!! I look forward to meeting you in September....:)

Rack another one up on the list. I got in, baby! Dr. Bibb called me earlier today and gave me the good news. I was jumping up on down on a bed while she was speaking. Anyone sense the excitement?

I got into UCLA today! Noemi called me and said "how are you,".. i thought she was going to tell me I didn't get in. But then she said, "well I have good news.."
I wasn't expecting that at all. :luck:

i got the call also!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
wow..congrats to all of you! Just wondering if you guys know when they will be sending out more invitation to interviews? I still haven't heard from them and Noemi said that my file is complete but doesn't know if it is in review since they do it randomly.

I want to be the first to congratulate nate28 for getting into UCLA! I was just checking predents.com, and he's added his name to the list! Congratulations, Nate!

I want to be the first to congratulate nate28 for getting into UCLA! I was just checking predents.com, and he's added his name to the list! Congratulations, Nate!

I'l be second. I think Life say's he'l buy all his future classmate drinks...:D

I'l be second. I think Life say's he'l buy all his future classmate drinks...:D

That will be one crazy night. :laugh:

Thanks, and congrats to you too aranjuez and envision!! Hopefully I'll see you guys there.

Has anyone who has been accepted to UCLA, also been accepted to UCSF? I heard that the two schools talk to each other and that if you are accepted to one, you won't be accepted to the other...I was just wondering if this was true.

It looks like ConfusedOne and dentchick12345 have been accepted to both UCLA and UCSF.

Has anyone who has been accepted to UCLA, also been accepted to UCSF? I heard that the two schools talk to each other and that if you are accepted to one, you won't be accepted to the other...I was just wondering if this was true.

I heard all schools check in with aadsas so that when may or whatever comes around, one person cannot hold a bunch of spots at different schools. i doubt UCLA and UCSF would have the time to discuss each student they accept. plus it doesnt serve well for the school to reject a student like confusedone for example, just because he was accepted into the other UC. I assume they would want to recruit the best candidates, and unless that applicant expresses one school over the other...its fair game and free grabs.

I'm starting to get tense, are you?

YEAAAAAHHHHHHH Nate! Looks like the grilling made no difference on your super power charm. Way to go bro! We will see you next year, or maybe before if we set up that drink night. :thumbup:

YEAAAAAHHHHHHH Nate! Looks like the grilling made no difference on your super power charm. Way to go bro! We will see you next year, or maybe before if we set up that drink night. :thumbup:

Lifeisgood, Congrats! See you next yr :)

congrats to all the future bruins. drinks anyone? :cool:

Confusedone, are you going to LA or SF?

guys, that undie run was crazy tonight. did any one else go?

Congrats Confused One. I'm always up for a few drinks...Who? What? When? Where? We all know why.

UCLA is giving you money...and you got an interview at UCSF?!...this marks the end of our friendship!! :D jk, congrats to you and confused one.

Anyone planning on moving into the apartments supplied by the dental school? I know it's still pretty early to be talking about that, but might as well.

By the way, ConfusedOne, what was your impression of UCSF? lifeisgood and I just scored interviews there, so I was just wondering. Also... Regents or Deans? I got the email for the 10K to UCLA too!

UCLA is giving you money...and you got an interview at UCSF?!...this marks the end of our friendship!! :D jk, congrats to you and confused one.

Don't worry...I will still buy you a drink even though you don't want to be my friend anymore :( . Haha, thanks man, for everything. A bunch of us should get together some time for food or drinks. Oh and jump on Aranjuez's back too, the guy seems to be getting everything I get and at the same time...weird.

Hey lifeisgood, you just make sure good things keep happening to you. If this mirror effect keeps going, we better hope everything just goes smoothly.

Large scrubs, anyone?

By the way... is anyone else noticing the averages for GPA and DAT's for UCLA on predents this year? You guys are awesome!

i got the UCSF email too. is anyone gonna go? i don't think that i will be making a date.

Yah, ryan, I think lifeisgood and I are going to go. I tried calling to set up a day, but the guy is out until tomorrow morning, apparently.

Anyone know the average stats required to be considered for the UCLA scholarship?

Anyone planning on moving into the apartments supplied by the dental school? I know it's still pretty early to be talking about that, but might as well.

By the way, ConfusedOne, what was your impression of UCSF? lifeisgood and I just scored interviews there, so I was just wondering. Also... Regents or Deans? I got the email for the 10K to UCLA too!

It's the dean's. Congrats on your scholarship too. You can buy us all drinks.

I was impressed by UCSF. The environment seems non-competitive, and they have 8hrs of free time a week and fewer finals than ucla. But come on, you can't turn down UCLA AND free money, can you?

... you can't turn down UCLA AND free money, can you?

I couldn't turn down UCLA. I had the option of going to UCSF and my home is much much closer to UCSF. I think you'll love UCLA. It's been great so far. Tonight, I'll go to a party with many classmates. My classmates are awesome. :)

Party? Don't you have exams tomorrow? Hope all your finals have gone well up to this point, and good luck on the ones you have tomorrow (if there are finals tomorrow, that is).

Lifeisgood, why are you going to interview at SF?! I thought you got the regents scholarship to L.A.? You must be crazy to turn down 20K.

Lifeisgood, why are you going to interview at SF?! I thought you got the regents scholarship to L.A.? You must be crazy to turn down 20K.

I'm not turning it down...I just want to see other dental schools and since I can drive to UCSF, it's no big deal. I have only seen 2 schools thus far so I just want to be sure that my decision is soundly based, that's all.

anyone know what kind of gpa we have to obtain after acceptance? i got a C+ in probably the easiest science class i've taken

anyone know what kind of gpa we have to obtain after acceptance? i got a C+ in probably the easiest science class i've taken

I know senioritis is a b!+ch but I would do as well as you can. Gotta maintain that academic integrity Confus-ed One.

Seriously though, even though I think you only need to get C's I would shoot for at least a B average....(Coming from a guy who will probably opt for the P/NP option for anatomy in Spring qtr :D )

After submitting my grades, i already got one C! it was during the time where i was studying hardcore for the DATs. In anycase, i think if you maintain a C avg, you'l be fine. but like Life said, aim high :).

i did pretty well this quarter even with little studying and all the interview travel. the rest of the year is gonna be a pain with a couple labs and 4 UD major classes left.

so, is it to early to talk about living arrangements? i know their are dorms and what not. whats everyone doing?

so, is it to early to talk about living arrangements? i know their are dorms and what not. whats everyone doing?

I know a lot of people end up living in Weyburn Terrace which are graduate student apartments. I'm definitely going to try to get in there because I heard they are really nice and close to the school. However, I don't know if we can apply yet...does anyone know?

Party? Don't you have exams tomorrow? Hope all your finals have gone well up to this point, and good luck on the ones you have tomorrow (if there are finals tomorrow, that is).

I did alright. :) I had a great quarter. :) I'm so happy UCLA accepted me. :) We had no finals last Friday :)

hey dat_student, when did you have to apply to get a spot at weyburn? Did you have guaranteed housing?

I can't wait to start looking for housing.... two dogs and that wife thing are going to make things soooooo easy!:thumbup:

hey dat_student, when did you have to apply to get a spot at weyburn? Did you have guaranteed housing?

I had "guaranteed housing" Apply early. Last yr, many of my classmates were given a spot.

P.S. I :love: UCLA SOD