-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Official UGA class of 2014 acceptances...
Started by WRobinsdawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats WRobinsdawg!!!!! I got a call tonight too...it totally floored me..can't wait to meet you and the rest of the class!!! Ahhh so excited!
As for your question,PrimalMU, I am IS, but they are just doing early acceptances so it may just be IS... best of luck
As for your question,PrimalMU, I am IS, but they are just doing early acceptances so it may just be IS... best of luck
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats WRobinsdawg!!!!! I got a call tonight too...it totally floored me..can't wait to meet you and the rest of the class!!! Ahhh so excited!
As for your question,PrimalMU, I am IS, but they are just doing early acceptances so it may just be IS... best of luck
Awesome, congratulations to you too. I'm very excited to get to stay in Athens. This is random, but I was so ecstatic that when the woman told me her email address, I completely wasn't paying attention. Was her last name Carmichael? I went through the directory at the UGACVM trying to see if I recognized the names or email addresses, and that rang a bell for some reason. I would have written it down but I was stuck in traffic when she called!!
haha, OMG the same thing happened to me, I had her repeat it 3 times and I got that it was [email protected] that doesn't exist ...but [email protected] does so I do think it is Dr. Carmichael we have to email..I guess we'll see when I send an email to that address...
haha, OMG the same thing happened to me, I had her repeat it 3 times and I got that it was [email protected] that doesn't exist ...but [email protected] does so I do think it is Dr. Carmichael we have to email..I guess we'll see when I send an email to that address...
Hahaha. Yeah, I'm sure it's something that happens a lot, especially since this was so "out of the blue." She mentioned taking a tour of the school and sitting in on a first year class if interested, do you think you'll consider that? I know their open house is in early April, I was thinking they would probably have some sort of reception for those accepted, especially since there wasn't a formal interview process.
Yeah, I do think I would take her up on that offer..I'm not too familiar with UGA ( but it sounds like maybe you go there / live there?) so I want to check it out, and like you said since they don't have an interview I would like to see the facilities and talk to students, etc....but I am also not sure if she would want us to come at a time different than open house, I too had made a note of the open house date
Yeah, I do think I would take her up on that offer..I'm not too familiar with UGA ( but it sounds like maybe you go there / live there?) so I want to check it out, and like you said since they don't have an interview I would like to see the facilities and talk to students, etc....but I am also not sure if she would want us to come at a time different than open house, I too had made a note of the open house date
Yeah, I've been in Athens at UGA for all four years of my undergrad. It's the best place on the planet to live, I absolutely love it. I've had a little bit of interaction with the faculty at UGA, and my experiences have all been very positive. Are you thinking you're definitely going to UGA?
Yeah, I've been in Athens at UGA for all four years of my undergrad. It's the best place on the planet to live, I absolutely love it. I've had a little bit of interaction with the faculty at UGA, and my experiences have all been very positive. Are you thinking you're definitely going to UGA?
Good to hear! yeah UGA was my first choice, being a GA resident and having my boyfriend here in Atlanta put UGA at the top, not to mention it seems like a great school and have heard good things about Athens 🙂 ... what about you? you still waiting to hear from other schools?
I got a call from Dr. Carmichael today too!! I'm IS and I wasn't expecting anything til March. Excited to see you guys!!
CONGRATS!!! I'm so excited too 🙂
I got a call from Dr. Carmichael today too!! I'm IS and I wasn't expecting anything til March. Excited to see you guys!!
Congratulations!
Good to hear! yeah UGA was my first choice, being a GA resident and having my boyfriend here in Atlanta put UGA at the top, not to mention it seems like a great school and have heard good things about Athens 🙂 ... what about you? you still waiting to hear from other schools?
UGA's my instate and the only OOS I applied to was LSU, and I was accepted there earlier this month. But it's going to be UGA for sure. Have you been out of school for a while or are you still doing undergraduate coursework?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UGA's my instate and the only OOS I applied to was LSU, and I was accepted there earlier this month. But it's going to be UGA for sure. Have you been out of school for a while or are you still doing undergraduate coursework?
Awesome! I graduated May of '09 but I'm finishing my requirements..finishing the fun stuff, biochem and physics ....😱
Awesome! I graduated May of '09 but I'm finishing my requirements..finishing the fun stuff, biochem and physics ....😱
Sounds absolutely delightful. Physics and Biochem make for a lot of fun evenings. Good luck!
I am excited to report I got a call from Dr. Carmichael yesterday too! I am a Delaware resident but I was offered early admissions because Delaware is a contract state with UGA. Congrats to everyone else who was offered admissions!
Any other Delawareans out there? I found out about this website while I was at an interview at Iowa State from another applicant. I'm glad I joined- there's lots of good information on here.
Any other Delawareans out there? I found out about this website while I was at an interview at Iowa State from another applicant. I'm glad I joined- there's lots of good information on here.
I am excited to report I got a call from Dr. Carmichael yesterday too! I am a Delaware resident but I was offered early admissions because Delaware is a contract state with UGA. Congrats to everyone else who was offered admissions!
Ahh! You're killin' me!
Congratulations! Hey, if someone sets up a facebook group for your class, could you PM me the link? We want to get you guys on board earlier this year.
BTW, come to open house! Friday, April 2.
Great idea projekt!..although I'm not sure if I want to take the initiative to make the group (at least not yet...) i think it would be a great resource and way to meet everyone, so I second the idea! Can't wait till open house and to meet you all!!
Does UGA do early acceptances every year or is this a new thing?
This is new.
Great idea projekt!..although I'm not sure if I want to take the initiative to make the group (at least not yet...) i think it would be a great resource and way to meet everyone, so I second the idea! Can't wait till open house and to meet you all!!
I'll make as long as y'all promise to join quickly. I don't want to be the only one in it for three weeks lol.
This is new.
Do you know what qualifies applicants for early acceptance by chance?
I also got a call for early acceptance. I was completely floored and I'm sure I sounded like an idiot on the phone. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone. Congrats to everyone else who has already gotten acceptance!
Did they call you (hardrain) the same day they called everyone else? I'm hoping that there is still a chance that I could have my existence validated this week.
I'm right with ya on that one...
I'm right with ya on that one...
It would just be too perfect. If I get in at all, I will probably be the last person to get their acceptance letter in late march.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did they call you (hardrain) the same day they called everyone else? I'm hoping that there is still a chance that I could have my existence validated this week.
Yeah, I got called the same day everyone else did. My last name starts with an F, maybe they are going alphabetically and you still have a chance for this week? I know this is just early acceptance, so just because you don't hear anything this week definitely doesn't mean that you won't get an acceptance letter in March.
P
Parameciuman
As if I wasn't anxious enough already, this thread is making it even harder to wait til mid-March. Going to be a long month...unless I get a call!!! Congrats to you all who did, hopefully my hard work will pay off too.
P
Parameciuman
Just got off the phone with the UGA admissions office, and I was informed that the top 10% of applicants were accepted early which was only about 20 students. I was told not to panic...kekeke too late!
She mentioned taking a tour of the school and sitting in on a first year class if interested, do you think you'll consider that? I know their open house is in early April, I was thinking they would probably have some sort of reception for those accepted, especially since there wasn't a formal interview process.
So those who've gotten a call...I'm still confused about this visiting thing..I emailed Dr. Carmichael hoping she would give me a detailed email but her email was basically re-stating what she said on the phone and left me with the same lack of clarity..are any of you thinking you would visit before the open house or are you just thinking of going to the open house....?
GOOD LUCK to everyone who is waiting to hear...I am excited for you all!
So those who've gotten a call...I'm still confused about this visiting thing..I emailed Dr. Carmichael hoping she would give me a detailed email but her email was basically re-stating what she said on the phone and left me with the same lack of clarity..are any of you thinking you would visit before the open house or are you just thinking of going to the open house....?
GOOD LUCK to everyone who is waiting to hear...I am excited for you all!
Try e-mailing Laura Leigh Crowe ([email protected]) and asking about visiting. The assistant dean is a pretty busy position and the rest of academic affairs is probably better able to help.
Plenty of people do come and sit in on classes and take a tour. They seem more than willing to schedule that.
There are no classes going on at Open House, but the fraternities throw a party that evening for new acceptances. An invitation should be in your admission packet.
So those who've gotten a call...I'm still confused about this visiting thing..I emailed Dr. Carmichael hoping she would give me a detailed email but her email was basically re-stating what she said on the phone and left me with the same lack of clarity..are any of you thinking you would visit before the open house or are you just thinking of going to the open house....?
GOOD LUCK to everyone who is waiting to hear...I am excited for you all!
I received an email from Dr. Carmichael last night that said she would be in contact with us Monday with details concerning all of that.
Thanks guys (projekt and WRobinsdawg) you are so helpful...I love this site! haha and it just makes me so much more excited that I will get to meet you soon!!! 🙂
I got a call last week too -- I was so surprised! Thought I was gonna have to wait until the end of March...big relief.
I was confused about the whole visit thing too, glad i'm not the only one. think I'm going to try to plan a visit on my spring break though, since I can't go to the open house.
I was confused about the whole visit thing too, glad i'm not the only one. think I'm going to try to plan a visit on my spring break though, since I can't go to the open house.
First of all, congratulations to all who were accepted already!
Based on the anonymity of this forum, would it be inappropriate of me to ask about the stats of those of you who were accepted? GPA, GenGRE and BioGRE scores? If you're uncomfortable with the questions then I understand. Just thought I'd check... thanks! 🙂
First of all, congratulations to all who were accepted already!
Based on the anonymity of this forum, would it be inappropriate of me to ask about the stats of those of you who were accepted? GPA, GenGRE and BioGRE scores? If you're uncomfortable with the questions then I understand. Just thought I'd check... thanks! 🙂
I took all my undergraduate courses at UGA, and am graduating this May with a B.S. in Microbiology. My stats:
21 year old male, which is uncommon at the UGA CVM lol
Last 45 hours GPA: 4.0
Science GPA: 3.99
Overall GPA: 3.99
GRE writing: 3.5 (obviously this wasn't weighted highly by admissions lol)
GRE verbal: 480
GRE math: 790
GRE Biology: 780
My recs came from my boss (a PhD in microbiology whose lab I have worked in since May 2008), a vet back home I worked with, and a high school teacher/football coach.
I have around 2,000 hours small animal experience, and have worked in micro research since May 2008. Hope this is helpful!
First of all, congratulations to all who were accepted already!
Based on the anonymity of this forum, would it be inappropriate of me to ask about the stats of those of you who were accepted? GPA, GenGRE and BioGRE scores? If you're uncomfortable with the questions then I understand. Just thought I'd check... thanks! 🙂
Overall GPA is 3.55, BioGRE 690, GenGRE: Verbal 610, Quantitiatve 730, and writing 5.0.
Hope that helps!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Great idea projekt!..although I'm not sure if I want to take the initiative to make the group (at least not yet...) i think it would be a great resource and way to meet everyone, so I second the idea! Can't wait till open house and to meet you all!!
I've made a stab at starting a page, come join me (or let me know if someones already done this)
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=330293566891
the vet i work for got a call from uga yesterday asking about me and they seemed very impressed by what he said. So hopefully a thick letter is headed my way!
Really? ! Does UGA call references in lieu of interviews?...do they just do it for certain applicants? This is news to me! But very cool and good for you, modidl! Best of luck!
I've made a stab at starting a page, come join me (or let me know if someones already done this)
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=330293566891
I've joined!
P
Parameciuman
the vet i work for got a call from uga yesterday asking about me and they seemed very impressed by what he said. So hopefully a thick letter is headed my way!
So, they only called one of your recs that you know of?
Similar threads
- Question
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 993