You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***Official UMKC SOD Interview/Acceptance Thread c/o 2022***
Started by BowlingDoctor
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Woohoo! Have you finished the supplemental already?
I haven't received anything! Just wanted to start the thread! Have you received a supplemental from them?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't received anything! Just wanted to start the thread! Have you received a supplemental from them?
At least I think it is the supplemental haha it asks you to pay for the fee.
At least I think it is the supplemental haha it asks you to pay for the fee.
That is just the application fee for UMKC. haha
That is just the application fee for UMKC. haha
It requires you to make an account, fill out your colleges attended, etc. though. Is it really not the supplemental?
It requires you to make an account, fill out your colleges attended, etc. though. Is it really not the supplemental?
Nope. Just the application for the school. I thought the same thing too. Lol
S
schmoob
Moving to school specific discussions.
If anyone has questions about UMKC or its application process, feel free to ask me!
Do they have a supplemental? I noticed that some schools dont.
Yes sir, they have a supplemental. I believe its sent out on an invite only basis
If anyone has questions about UMKC or its application process, feel free to ask me!
What is interview day like?
What is interview day like?
Hey! So you'll arrive to the SoD and meet on the administrative floor (3rd floor I think?) with the other interviewees for that day. You'll all be sitting in the conference room making small-talk until the interviews begin. It'll be one-on-one, so you'll leave the room and return when you're finished.
Afterwards, you'll take a tour around the school, really casual. You'll get to shadow a few students in the clinics, followed by a pretty good lunch. While eating, you'll get to sit down with some dental students and ask any question on your mind.
After lunch, you'll go one-by-one to record a 1 minute video about yourself. When everyone has returned, you'll participate in a short writing exercise. It's just a bunch of different scenarios asking for what you would do, or what you think the right answer is. It's all open-ended though, so don't stress about it. After that, the day was pretty much over.
Hey! So you'll arrive to the SoD and meet on the administrative floor (3rd floor I think?) with the other interviewees for that day. You'll all be sitting in the conference room making small-talk until the interviews begin. It'll be one-on-one, so you'll leave the room and return when you're finished.
Afterwards, you'll take a tour around the school, really casual. You'll get to shadow a few students in the clinics, followed by a pretty good lunch. While eating, you'll get to sit down with some dental students and ask any question on your mind.
After lunch, you'll go one-by-one to record a 1 minute video about yourself. When everyone has returned, you'll participate in a short writing exercise. It's just a bunch of different scenarios asking for what you would do, or what you think the right answer is. It's all open-ended though, so don't stress about it. After that, the day was pretty much over.
I've heard a lot about this lucid video. What do they ask you?
I've heard a lot about this lucid video. What do they ask you?
There's no prompt; it's open-mic so you can say whatever you want. Most people seemed to follow a theme on "why I'm a good fit for this school."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hoping to hear back from them soon! Everything was turned in on 7/13. I am OOS but I have 3 family members who have attended here so hopefully that's worth something!
They have a supplemental. It's sent with your interview invite.Do they have a supplemental? I noticed that some schools dont.
Veeery relaxed. 🙂What is interview day like?
If anyone has questions about UMKC or its application process, feel free to ask me!
Same here!
Same here!
Would anyone know what the new link is for the supplemental fee? They said they were going to switch over a new system and that the link is on the website but I can't find anything...
Last year they sent us an email, after they received our application, with this link An error has occurred.Would anyone know what the new link is for the supplemental fee? They said they were going to switch over a new system and that the link is on the website but I can't find anything...
We needed to "Create a new application" which is on the left side, at the top of the page. Then, you had to answer the questions (name and stuff like that. Not essay questions) and pay the fee at the end.
Last year they sent us an email, after they received our application, with this link An error has occurred.
We needed to "Create a new application" which is on the left side, at the top of the page. Then, you had to answer the questions (name and stuff like that. Not essay questions) and pay the fee at the end.
That is the same link I had before they said they were changing to a new application. I guess I'll just stick with it.
Has anyone heard anything about what days interviews will be this year? There used to be a calendar on their website but it looks like they've updated it and I can't find it.
It's always been Mondays in the past with a Friday or two, but if anyone has any current info I would appreciate it. I may not get an interview this year, but if I do I want to be able to make it.
It's always been Mondays in the past with a Friday or two, but if anyone has any current info I would appreciate it. I may not get an interview this year, but if I do I want to be able to make it.
SO do you think it's worth it to apply with a 3.1sGPA, 3.2oGPA and a 17AA?If anyone has questions about UMKC or its application process, feel free to ask me!
Also, so supplemental is only if you get an interview? otherwise, it's just aadsas app?
SO do you think it's worth it to apply with a 3.1sGPA, 3.2oGPA and a 17AA?
Also, so supplemental is only if you get an interview? otherwise, it's just aadsas app?
Sure why not! People have gotten into dental school with worse! Just get an interview and nail it 🙂
Has anyone heard anything about what days interviews will be this year? There used to be a calendar on their website but it looks like they've updated it and I can't find it.
It's always been Mondays in the past with a Friday or two, but if anyone has any current info I would appreciate it. I may not get an interview this year, but if I do I want to be able to make it.
As far as I know, No one has heard anything. In a mass email they said everyone will be notified starting the end of August and everyone will know their interview status by Nov. 3.
When did you get that email? Was it to all the applicants? I don't think I got that as an applicant.As far as I know, No one has heard anything. In a mass email they said everyone will be notified starting the end of August and everyone will know their interview status by Nov. 3.
When did you get that email? Was it to all the applicants? I don't think I got that as an applicant.
First part of July?
Nope didn't get oneFirst part of July?
How many people do they typically interview in a dayIf anyone has questions about UMKC or its application process, feel free to ask me!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd say about 20 people, maybe a little lessHow many people do they typically interview in a day
Have they started notifying concerning interviews yet?
Have they started notifying concerning interviews yet?
Yeah.. I have heard a couple of people who have interviews.
I. Am. Still. Waiting. :'(
Same here!Keep your hopes up. My interview invite didn't come until early October a couple of years back.
D
deleted877918
Received and confirmed an interview date for next monday (sep. 24th)!
Congrats!! Would you mind sharing your stats? including extracurriculars/experience?Received and confirmed an interview date for next monday (sep. 24th)!
D
deleted877918
Sure!
oGPA; 3.81, science GPA; around 3.75
DAT; 20 PA, 19 AA
Extracirriculars; college student athlete, 110+ hours shadowing, 100+ hours community service, a couple of leadership positions, a semester of research (sorry this is all I could recall off the top of my head between studying 🙂)
oGPA; 3.81, science GPA; around 3.75
DAT; 20 PA, 19 AA
Extracirriculars; college student athlete, 110+ hours shadowing, 100+ hours community service, a couple of leadership positions, a semester of research (sorry this is all I could recall off the top of my head between studying 🙂)
D
deleted877918
Sure!Congrats!! Would you mind sharing your stats? including extracurriculars/experience?
oGPA; 3.81, science GPA; around 3.75
DAT; 20 PA, 19 AA
Extracirriculars; college student athlete, 110+ hours shadowing, 100+ hours community service, a couple of leadership positions, a semester of research (sorry this is all I could recall off the top of my head between studying 🙂)
Congrats! Are you instate?Sure!
oGPA; 3.81, science GPA; around 3.75
DAT; 20 PA, 19 AA
Extracirriculars; college student athlete, 110+ hours shadowing, 100+ hours community service, a couple of leadership positions, a semester of research (sorry this is all I could recall off the top of my head between studying 🙂)
D
deleted877918
yep!Congrats! Are you instate?
D
deleted877918
anyone with an interview unable to fill out the "technical standards" document they sent via email in the week before your interview?
Yes there were issues, but they'll have copies for you to fill out at interview day.anyone with an interview unable to fill out the "technical standards" document they sent via email in the week before your interview?
Anyone know how many applicants are interviewed?
Last year it was around 170. I think!Anyone know how many applicants are interviewed?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hear they are winding down the interviews soon ... Isn't it a bit too early???Anyone else heard anything from UMKC?
Where did you hear this from?I hear they are winding down the interviews soon ... Isn't it a bit too early???
I hear they are winding down the interviews soon ... Isn't it a bit too early???
uhhh yeah.. Where'd you head this?
Have a friend who got interview. Email to himsaid they are trying to wrap up end of Sept or early Oct. Something about low turn out. Anyone else hear of this?uhhh yeah.. Where'd you head this?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 9K