***Official University of Pittsburgh Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepted off the wait list this morning!

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
GPA: 3.94 overall, 3.98 Science
DAT: AA 24/TS 25
International; accepted 12/1

Reactions: 1 users
I'm in a situation looking for advice. Fell in love with everything about Pitt, I'm from Pittsburgh, and love the city. However, I'm on the waitlist too. I got another acceptance, but I really want to hang onto the possibility of getting into Pitt. Am I insane for holding out and risking the need to re-apply next cycle? If I did end up applying again next year, would telling them that I turned down acceptances to apply there again help me at all?

GPA: 3.94 DAT AA: 21
I felt like my interviews went well too, but it's hard to subjectively/honestly measure that.

I'm in a situation looking for advice. Fell in love with everything about Pitt, I'm from Pittsburgh, and love the city. However, I'm on the waitlist too. I got another acceptance, but I really want to hang onto the possibility of getting into Pitt. Am I insane for holding out and risking the need to re-apply next cycle? If I did end up applying again next year, would telling them that I turned down acceptances to apply there again help me at all?

I felt like my interviews went well too, but it's hard to subjectively/honestly measure that.
Have you been calling Pitt with updates/to express your interest regularly? Admissions says they truly appreciate it and make a note of it each time people do so.
As for what to do now, I would call Pitt and let them know that it's your top choice despite your other acceptance.

If it comes down to it, go to the other school. Don't risk the uncertainty, cost, and stress of another application cycle.

Have you been calling Pitt with updates/to express your interest regularly? Admissions says they truly appreciate it and make a note of it each time people do so.
As for what to do now, I would call Pitt and let them know that it's your top choice despite your other acceptance.

If it comes down to it, go to the other school. Don't risk the uncertainty, cost, and stress of another application cycle.

Thanks for the advice. The uncertainty/risk is my biggest concern, but I could handle the stress of the application cycle if need be. Cost is another issue. The school I got into would have me paying out of state tuition which would be much more than what I would pay at Pitt. The cost of applying again is nothing compared to paying 76k yearly tuition over 46k for 4 years.

Looking for someone to live with around Pitt next year.
10 min walk from school, about $700/person a month is what I have in mind.

PM me if interested

Anybody tell you they're planning to renovate the school and there's going to be construction for the foreseeable future?

Any idea when we get more info on class schedules/etc?

Declined my seat. Pretty sure it will go to someone well deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.