***Official University of Pittsburgh Dental School C/O 2015 Acceptance Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes mine switched back to Receive/Under Review and that got me worried that I was being waitlisted or something.

Members don't see this ad.

Yep, mine did too! Any chance we find out tomorrow? hmmm.dont want to wait until Monday.

Mine switched back to under review as well... Dr. Etzel said he would be calling late next week, so don't hold your breath!

Just got the call from Dr. Etzel regarding an offer of admission :) at 8:30 EST

Members don't see this ad :)
got the call as well from Dr. Etzel! (6:40AM PST) I interviewed on 2/28.

Aw looks like I didn't make the cut then..any chance Dr.Etzel might be taking a breakfast break away from the calls? lol..oh and healthcare did your status change on aadsas? I remember you telling us that it changes after..could you let me know when yours does so I won't have false hopes

Aw looks like I didn't make the cut then..any chance Dr.Etzel might be taking a breakfast break away from the calls? lol..oh and healthcare did your status change on aadsas? I remember you telling us that it changes after..could you let me know when yours does so I won't have false hopes

nope, it's still under review since 3/3. I'll update once the status changes :)

I got the call around 10am!!! so do I choose Temple or Pitt? anywords"?

So do you guys think they're done with the calls? Like, if you haven't gotten a call by now then you're screwed? Because that would be very disappointing.

So do you guys think they're done with the calls? Like, if you haven't gotten a call by now then you're screwed? Because that would be very disappointing.

I just spoke with Dr. Etzel and to bluntly answer your question, they are "done with the calls of the first wave of acceptances" which I think is for February (not final but pretty much almost all of them).

Bummer.

Well, this is quite the humbling experience but also an exhausting one.

If they are really done with the calls for those who interviewed in February, then this is most disappointing for me. :(

I got the call as well!!! Pitt here i come!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
After spending so much time and money with this application process, don't us who got rejected at least deserve a phone call? Well lets hope for the waitlist.

Last edited:
Got the call around 10 this morning while on the beach!!! :D

I m in too!

Status just changed to "Offer Made" in AADSAS!!

same here!! does anyone know the specific dates for the orientation? I haven't received my packet yet (was there any info about that?)

same here!! does anyone know the specific dates for the orientation? I haven't received my packet yet (was there any info about that?)

June 2-3 if I remember correctly. Also keep a heads up in your email for a background check request from certiphi screening and complete that asap

Just got the call this morning! I'm in! How crazy...

After spending so much time and money with this damn application process, don't us who got rejected at least deserve a f**king phone call? Ridiculous. Well lets hope for the waitlist.

i guess you got that phone call finally.... congrats

Just got the call this morning! I'm in! How crazy...

There are so many people rejected that you cant possibly expect a rejection phone call. I know the process is frustrating. Hopefully your attitude is now changed to positive and professional. You will love Pittsburgh, no doubt. :) Congrats.

I relinquished my seat this morning after accepting an offer at WVU School of Medicine.

I am sure someone on the waiting list is about to be a very happy person. Best of luck to everyone! :xf:

I relinquished my seat this morning after accepting an offer at WVU School of Medicine.

I am sure someone on the waiting list is about to be a very happy person. Best of luck to everyone! :xf:

wow so you applied to medical school and dental school at the same time? curious why did you do that? thats quite sneaky!

hey guys, congratulations on your acceptances so far! I'm an applicant for the upcoming year. I see that one of the prerequisites is biochemistry, which I unfortunately got a D+ in (my lowest grade of undergrad). I'm wondering if that will automatically remove me from the application pool, or would they still look at my application overall. I have pretty solid grades and experiences aside from that...