**Official University of Tennessee College of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received an email back in August that UTHSC received my application and that it would be reviewed shortly. My AADSAS status has been 'Received/Under Review' since then. Received basically the same email today, even though in the previous email they state you'll only hear from them up to 3 times (Notice of receipt of application/Invitation for interview/Final Decision). Has anyone else experienced this? Should I contact the school?
I also got the same email again today...
Guess it’s just an update!

Members don't see this ad.

Received an email back in August that UTHSC received my application and that it would be reviewed shortly. My AADSAS status has been 'Received/Under Review' since then. Received basically the same email today, even though in the previous email they state you'll only hear from them up to 3 times (Notice of receipt of application/Invitation for interview/Final Decision). Has anyone else experienced this? Should I contact the school?
I had the same thing happen today where i received that same email in the first week of august and then again today. Not sure maybe they have a glitch in their system or they are actually reviewing our apps now.

I had the same thing happen today where i received that same email in the first week of august and then again today. Not sure maybe they have a glitch in their system or they are actually reviewing our apps now.
I got the same email today. I applied June 5. I'm assuming they are just getting to OOS

Sent from my moto g(6) using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I received an email in August and received that same email again the same day you did. Not sure what it means, if anything, or what to do about it.

Yes, I received an email in August and received that same email again the same day you did. Not sure what it means, if anything, or what to do about it.
I think it just means more waiting. I read somewhere (maybe earlier on this thread) that they are not sending interview invites for OOS applicants until January, so this actually seems right on schedule if that's true.

I also received the same email yesterday! I am OOS.

Did anyone who had an interview send a thank you note

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if UTHSC provides in-state tuition after one year or is it OOS for all 4 years if you're OOS? Their website is down. 12/3 is approaching so I'm deciding to withdraw my app/decline an interview if I don't hear back in December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure it's all 4 years OOS unless you live there one year prior to date of matriculation

To the people who have already interviewed, what time did the interview end?

As a student here at UT, I can definitively tell you that you do NOT want to attend this school. Off of the top of my head, I can only name three or four faculty members that truly seem to care about their students’ progress and learning. I love my classmates and the field of dentistry itself, but this school does not seem to care about its students’ education or wellbeing in the least. At the risk of sounding overdramatic, it often feels as if the school is actively trying to find ways to hinder you or blatantly wasting time. Obviously, that’s not the case, but any school that truly cared about its students would not resign itself to the idiocy that seems to permeate throughout UTHSC. I’m not saying this because my grades are tanking or because dentistry is not the right career for me. I truly want others to avoid this school simply because it will NOT give one quantum of a crap about you or your fellow students. This sentiment is also shared by almost everybody in my class.
Elaborate? Because you're the first person I've ever heard give this position

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You guys two more weeks!! Im so excited & getting very nervous!!

Elaborate? Because you're the first person I've ever heard give this position

I agree. First person I’ve ever heard say this as well. Possible troll? It would be nice if they could elaborate on this, or if more current students could chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
I am a D1 at UTHSC and I have really enjoyed my time here so far, no disrespect to StudentDoc2021. My classmates are all really kind and helpful and the faculty have been more than willing to meet with me and answer any questions I have. I really am loving dental school and am grateful for my acceptance to UTHSC. Just my experience. Good luck future class of 2023! Don't give up hope! All your hard work will pay off!

Reactions: 7 users
Mine changed to None today. I guess we will see what that means on Monday.

I was waitlisted last year OOS as well so hopefully gonna get a call. I think last year they called OOS around noonish but who knows!!

Just got my call for acceptance along with a scholarship at 10:30am Eastern time. I'm OOS from Michigan. I'll see you all down in Tennessee soon!

Reactions: 3 users
Any IS/Arkansas acceptance phone calls yet?

Got an Arkansas funded call at 9:21am

I was waitlisted last year from AR. I still haven’t heard anything yet and I’m starting to get nervous!

Reactions: 3 users
Received an AR funded spot phone call at 10:15 AM Central. So excited! Good luck to those still waiting!

Reactions: 1 users
Just received my funded spot as well!! I’ll see you guys down in Tennessee

did anyone who was accepted already have their status on aadsas changed to "none" before

Did anyone fro TN get any calls

Just got the call while I was driving, almost went 80 mph on a 40 mph road haha

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

Just got the acceptance call from Dr. Covington. (2pm EST)

IS student, interviewed 8/24

Congratulations to all those accepted and good luck to everyone waiting to hear back!

Also, my status changed to "none" before I got the call for anyone wondering.

We had the same interview date, didn't we? I'm sure you'll be called soon, looks like it was mostly OOS (Arkansas included) that got their calls so far. Its only 2 people making the calls so expect it to take awhile.

Got the call from Dayna around 2:20pm!! She said they actually had my name checked off earlier but didn’t think they called me so she called to double check.

Last edited:
Status changed to offer made ya'll, this is awesome yeah buddy

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

Hey guys....I interviewed on the 9th but haven't heard anything from them today. No call or email. Anyone else?

Also received a call, IS, around 12pm. Can’t wait to meet you guys

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.