***Official University of Washington School of Dentistry C/O 2013 Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UW is different from a lot of dental schools in that they don't try to bend over backwards to impress you with how wonderful they. They don't go overboard telling applicants how magnificent they are either. They don't have slick brochures or showy presentations. You get simple black and white information sheets and all of the presenters sit down at the board table and talk WITH you, including the dean. This can seem a bit underwhelming if you've been on other interviews where the schools put on big ego-boosting shows. This understated approach speaks volumes about UW. My experience as a volunteer and employee at the school has been very positive. Everyone I've met is incredibly professional, deeply concerned about patient welfare and community outreach, and takes both academic excellence and healthcare ethics very seriously. It's a substance-over-style school and has an excellent reputation in dentistry.

On a different note, don't forget that we may all end up being classmates together. Discussing your opinions about your own and fellow classmates' physical appearance might be better left in less public arenas.

I understand the sentiment of substance over style, but they have to give you at least one reason to go to the school other than reputation. Quite honestly, I was very unimpressed with the school's interview process. When it comes down to making the decision, I'll have to spend some time convincing myself that what I saw at UW isn't an accurate portrayal of the education I would recieve. I'm not saying they need to talk about how great they are, because they did enough of that in abstract terms. I'm just saying they need to have a higher level of professionalism when conducting the whole day. Many of the presenters seemed unprepared and the tour showed almost nothing of the school. Also, I got the feeling that they were doing me a favor by letting me interview. While it may be true given the competitive level of the school, it is the wrong message to send to prospective students. There definitely were some bright spots on the day, though, like chatting with students and listening to the dean.

All said and done though, UW is a great school by all accounts with an interview process that does nothing to flatter it.

Couldn't agree with you more on the last point, makers. Definitely not something to discuss here (or anywhere?...)

Members don't see this ad.

What's your name?
I don't remember there being any half Asian and half white girls there... that supposedly look like Kristin Kreuk... and that was really awkward.........

haha oh snap!

dude, jimmychoo whoever you are... i'm not really sure what you're trying to accomplish by posting about your shoes/looks/shopping talents on predental forum?

bc13, you put the words out of my mouth! That's exactly how I felt. So what did you do to find out or confirm how good the program is?

haha oh snap!

dude, jimmychoo whoever you are... i'm not really sure what you're trying to accomplish by posting about your shoes/looks/shopping talents on predental forum?
I don't know, I don't like talking about pre-dental or school related stuff...they are just boring to me. Anyway, I have no problem playing the ditzy girl role in my dental school class who likes to shop! But blissy07, you seem really knowledgeable on UW, do you have any data on the specialization rates?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know, I don't like talking about pre-dental or school related stuff...they are just boring to me. Anyway, I have no problem playing the ditzy girl role in my dental school class who likes to shop! But blissy07, you seem really knowledgeable on UW, do you have any data on the specialization rates?

funny that you don't like talking about predental stuff...after all, you are predental...and you are on a PREDENTAL forum.

and despite you claiming to not like talking about predental stuff, you still ask for predental advice?

maybe you should go find a shoe forum

Last edited:
jimmy choo, im not exactly sure if this whole thing is a joke to you or not, but either way, dont you have better things to do with your time than telling everyone about your obnoxious shopping habits?

Might want to rethink your ortho ambitions...?
I don't know why people are being so hostile about shoes or shopping but I'm sad. But UW apparently thinks a ditz like me is a better applicant than you. If I can find 07 F/W or even S/S Jimmy Choo stilettos on sale, I can do anything! Which means I can definitely compete against people with 3.2 science GPA.

No really, you're just weird. Like really awkward...

We are all annoyed that you are comparing your looks and talking about your stupid Jimmy Choo shoes and quite frankly, nobody here cares about that. That's something you talk to your friends about, not post on a predental forum.

Are you Jaclyn? If so, that would suck because I actually thought you were nice... but you're just... awkward.

I don't know why people are being so hostile about shoes or shopping but I'm sad. But UW apparently thinks a ditz like me is a better applicant than you. If I can find 07 F/W or even S/S Jimmy Choo stilettos on sale, I can do anything! Which means I can definitely compete against people with 3.2 science GPA.

I understand the sentiment of substance over style, but they have to give you at least one reason to go to the school other than reputation. Quite honestly, I was very unimpressed with the school's interview process. When it comes down to making the decision, I'll have to spend some time convincing myself that what I saw at UW isn't an accurate portrayal of the education I would recieve. I'm not saying they need to talk about how great they are, because they did enough of that in abstract terms. I'm just saying they need to have a higher level of professionalism when conducting the whole day. Many of the presenters seemed unprepared and the tour showed almost nothing of the school. Also, I got the feeling that they were doing me a favor by letting me interview. While it may be true given the competitive level of the school, it is the wrong message to send to prospective students. There definitely were some bright spots on the day, though, like chatting with students and listening to the dean.

All said and done though, UW is a great school by all accounts with an interview process that does nothing to flatter it.

Couldn't agree with you more on the last point, makers. Definitely not something to discuss here (or anywhere?...)

EXACTLY the way I felt as well. I left the interview feeling as if UW admissions realizes that being a state school, they will remain competitive among in-staters with high statistics regardless of how lackluster their interview days are. Obviously UW is a great school, but when all other schools bend over backwards to impress during interviews and one doesn't, it really spotlights it.

oh please your ability to find shoes on sale is not that amazing. and most definitely does NOT make you a better applicant than anyone else. in these economic times, choos are being marked down left and right!

if you want to be the known as the class ditz...the position is open for the taking. i dont think it's a distinction anyone else wants.

p.s. from one fashion-loving girl to another...please stop about your jimmy choos. they aren't that great. if you really want to go there....louboutins are better. :laugh:

AFdentalgirl, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings but I was just kidding. I hope we can still be BFFs.

a1pha, I agree with you completely. They were very standoffish...I think you said you're taking Penn over UW? Could you explain what you thought about each school and why you ultimately chose the former?

Hurt feelings? If anyone has hurt feelings it would be you for us talking so much crap about your dumb shoes.

You sound like you're in high school? You probably are, aren't you? Damn! High schoolers hanging out on the predents forum trying to start crap.

Maybe you should spend some more time looking for sales on shoes. Because that's very important.

AFdentalgirl, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings but I was just kidding. I hope we can still be BFFs.

a1pha, I agree with you completely. They were very standoffish...I think you said you're taking Penn over UW? Could you explain what you thought about each school and why you ultimately chose the former?

If I had gone anywhere besides UW for undergrad I would probably be going to UW dental, but I just need a change. I want to practice around here, so basically I either live in the same place my whole life or get away for four years while I have the option. I'm choosing Penn until I hear back from one last school who would be my top choice, so we'll see. When you look at the facts, it's kind of stupid for me to do Penn over UW considering it's like $50k more expensive and Seattle > Philly but you can't put a price on gut feeling I suppose.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I had gone anywhere besides UW for undergrad I would probably be going to UW dental, but I just need a change. I want to practice around here, so basically I either live in the same place my whole life or get away for four years while I have the option. I'm choosing Penn until I hear back from one last school who would be my top choice, so we'll see. When you look at the facts, it's kind of stupid for me to do Penn over UW considering it's like $50k more expensive and Seattle > Philly but you can't put a price on gut feeling I suppose.
I see. As far as the schools themselves though, how did Penn compare to UW?

It's hard to compare facilities considering I'm at UW now and I'm in the building that houses the dental school on a daily basis. If I had to, I would say UW facilities seem nicer. Penn's seemed pretty hit or miss... a few of the rooms and the sim lab were sick but the main clinic and the "dungeon" downstairs were fairly subpar. Penn's campus was stunning, although I doubt dental students really venture around campus much.

One thing that stood at as being a bit odd was the student lunch at my UW interview. At Penn and other schools, the students were always really honest yet very positive about their respective schools. I expected the same at UW and was kind of shocked at the things a few students said. Both of the two students I talked to were 2nd year and both pretty much admitted to absolutely hating their current lives. Honesty is a good thing but when it's an admissions interview... Both said that they will probably appreciate how hard they were pushed when the boards come but that they were absolutely swamped. This still isn't very worrisome considering I don't expect dental school to be easy, but then they started talking about how they blame the unbalanced curriculum. Apparently first year was really easy and a lot of the time they were barely studying outside of class and then 2nd year just crushed everyone. Besides this, one of the students wasn't even all that happy with his choice at UW. When I asked about his interviews and choices and stuff he basically admitted that he came to UW for the cost and that if he could choose a school w/o price involved, he would choose somewhere else.

You are probably the most awkward person ever. Did UW actually accept you?

If it makes your feel better to tell yourself that you are so much prettier than everyone else, that's really pathetic. But whatever makes you feel better about yourself! Self-esteem issues are never good.

PWNED.jpg

i feel u alpha. I wanted to kinda get away been at uop for a while and i would know a lot of the current and entering students so that would be another 3 years with them haha. Penn is nice i liked it kinda had a harry potter feel how the meeting room looked. I did like that virtual sim lab but wished they had one for every student. Good luck on ur choice. This thread is very interesting. it is a predental forum but this thread is for trying to get to know our peers. Choosing a school is a tough and should be a well thought out thing but in the end cant go wrong with a choice. yah u will get those who really like it and those who hate it but they are not u. its all about what u make of it. its kinda early to think about specializing and if u really want to u will do it just gotta convince urself. take everything with a grain of salt and pepper and paprika. personally, i talked to residents of a gpr and aegd who went to other schools and they thought uw was a great school. though just hearsay i am excited i know there going be ups and downs but im in it for the long haul get to go to a new place make new friends good snowboarding maybe and fishing IM down woot woot:D

It's hard to compare facilities considering I'm at UW now and I'm in the building that houses the dental school on a daily basis. If I had to, I would say UW facilities seem nicer. Penn's seemed pretty hit or miss... a few of the rooms and the sim lab were sick but the main clinic and the "dungeon" downstairs were fairly subpar. Penn's campus was stunning, although I doubt dental students really venture around campus much.

One thing that stood at as being a bit odd was the student lunch at my UW interview. At Penn and other schools, the students were always really honest yet very positive about their respective schools. I expected the same at UW and was kind of shocked at the things a few students said. Both of the two students I talked to were 2nd year and both pretty much admitted to absolutely hating their current lives. Honesty is a good thing but when it's an admissions interview... Both said that they will probably appreciate how hard they were pushed when the boards come but that they were absolutely swamped. This still isn't very worrisome considering I don't expect dental school to be easy, but then they started talking about how they blame the unbalanced curriculum. Apparently first year was really easy and a lot of the time they were barely studying outside of class and then 2nd year just crushed everyone. Besides this, one of the students wasn't even all that happy with his choice at UW. When I asked about his interviews and choices and stuff he basically admitted that he came to UW for the cost and that if he could choose a school w/o price involved, he would choose somewhere else.

I've heard the same thing about the 2nd year from every 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year student. Most agreed that the 2nd year was by far the most difficult, with an unimaginable amount of information thrown at them to learn in such short time. I'm pretty sure the faculty members were and are aware of this. After all, UW still maintains high NB scores so they must be doing something right. Or maybe they're just not fixing the system since it ain't broke. Anyway, it's also difficult to gauge how good a program is when the words you hear are coming from an overly stressed out student. Perhaps their opinions would be different after they finish their 2nd or 4th year?

I can't wait to see AF and Shoe girl meet each other when school starts.

If everything works out good for me, I would be asking homework questions from you guys next year :D j/k

Good luck! UW is a great school, period!

I would do the same thing and I am saying that even before applying or being accepted. There are schools out there better than UW in some things but for me UW would be ~100k cheaper than any other school and I know I will be getting above decent education there. So if I am accepted at UW and, for example, at Maryland or Penn, I would choose UW.

I can't wait to see AF and Shoe girl meet each other when school starts.
LOL! I will most likely be going to Harvard so unfortunately you'll miss out on that. It would've been interesting though as I would be anonymous while AFdentalgirl, who was not shy about revealing her real identity as Heather, already set a reputation for herself as the girl who got mad on SDN amongst the UWSOD class of 2013. I feel bad for Jaclyn who is undeservingly getting her name mixed up in this but I feel even worse for Heather, who is immature enough to get mad on an internet forum and show the bad side of her personality right in front of her future classmates.

LOL! I will most likely be going to Harvard so unfortunately you'll miss out on that. It would've been interesting though as I would be anonymous while AFdentalgirl, who was not shy about revealing her real identity as Heather, already set a reputation for herself as the girl who got mad on SDN amongst the UWSOD class of 2013. I feel bad for Jaclyn who is undeservingly getting her name mixed up in this but I feel even worse for Heather, who is immature enough to get mad on an internet forum and show the bad side of her personality right in front of her future classmates.

really? i thought we'd know you from the moment you walked in..."hey, is that kristin kreuk?!"

Jaclyn was the only one that looked remotely Asian at my interview, looked like she tanned too much, and was the only out of stater girl at the interview. Additionally, she's from Hawaii and would be the only one there to say "hapa."

Don't think I'm stupid! Are you that embarrassed about the way you post on SDN that you have to keep who you are a secret?

Amd I think it's funny you think I was mad... I thought it was hilarious the whole time :)

:cool:from hawaii u say hmmm i didnt know a lot from hawaii applied to UW. So heather have you heard back from any others yet? getting closer to deciding on one?

Hey everybody, I just found this thread and thought I should post! I'll be seeing you all September 2nd I guess! Anyone here going to do SURF research before school? Any suggestions on faculty I might want to work with?

UW is a great school--congrats everyone who was accepted!

Jimmy Choo, I was fortunate enough to have graduated from the UW and having said that feel compelled to inform you that the UWSOD has a mission deeply rooted in the service of the homeless and those who occupy lower socio-economic statuses. These people, your future patients, neither care nor will listen to your mindless rants about shoes, outfits, and appearance. I would advise you reconsider dental schools and withdraw from the UW as serving those less fortunate than yourself would probably prove to be a daunting task for someone with your mindset. Your contributions to this post and general attitude toward life leaves me with one question-- How did the adcom let you slip through the cracks and accept you? Do us all a favor and attend Harvard, and allow someone who takes pride in the UW and its mission to attend, as you have brought nothing but embarassment to the program.

You're just an idiot. It's quite amusing, yet getting old real fast. You think you know everything about everyone... just because YOU are superficial and want to do dentistry for the money so you can go purchase some more Jimmy Choos, doesn't mean everyone else is. Besides your horrible grammar, your points were so invalid that it was almost difficult to even read.

If you're not interested in coming to UW, then just stop coming here to taint the thread even more. This is for people that are accepted and want to get to know each other better or talk about UW related things.

As many of us would like to say, we don't want choo! Go to the Harvard thread. :)

Oh give me a break :rolleyes:

LOL this is hilarious. UWSOD, along with UWSOM as a matter of fact, puts emphasis on fixing the access to care and helping the under served populations in the rural or inner-city areas. At least that is what they claim. All these applicants show interest in the RIDE program or rural medicine in their essays and interviews in hopes of demonstrating their spirit of service to make up for their sub par application. But once they are there, suddenly everyone is so interested OMFS or dematology. What happened to your "dream" of serving the less fortunate in Alaska? UW mission is to help the less fortunate? That's why the majority of the dental graduates go into private practice in already saturated areas or go into specialties? That's why less than half of the medical graduates go into primary care let alone rural medicine? I'm sure all the students who were passionate about rural medicine lost interest and fell in love with plastic surgery and anesthesia.

Is that also why this revolutionary RIDE program is exactly one year old? UWSOD's mission is creating dentists who will serve under served populations but their most important program in inducing that has only been around for a year? So how did they carry their mission statement before? The profs told you, hey you should practice in Spokane? It's pathetic how naive you are if you really think that UW or the RIDE program is going to do much in solving the access to care problems. What was your personal statement like - "I wanna be a dentist so I can HELP people!":thumbdown: Every single dental school in the country has a some kind of community outreach program so their students can get more clinical experience. You think even half the kids who are doing the RIDE will actually end up practicing in rural areas? And how big is the RIDE anyway like 5 people per class?

dubs1485, you know you're gonna be in private practice in Bellevue so stop this facade. What exactly are you going to do to carry out UWSOD's mission? See poor patients for free once a month? Whoop dee doo you've done so much in improving the oral health of the low socioeconomic class. I would like to ask all the UWSOD kids who are reading this whether or not they plan on doing private price at rural areas treating under served populations. Really amuse me, because it'll tell me how dishonest the class of 2013 is or prove my exact that no one is going to UWSOD dreaming of practicing in Spokane for the rest of their lives.

Your posts are getting a bit ridiculous, Jimmy Choo. If you were actually waitlisted at UW and are trying to discourage people from coming here, just stop. It won't work and we are not writing on this forum to have arguments with you. Also, Spokane is not rural fyi, it's just closer to rural areas. Specialists can also help the underserved so it is unfair for you to say that to do an OMFS specialty means you do not share goals of meeting underserved needs with the UWSoD. And, the underserved do not constitute 80% of the state's population, the state needs dentists in Seattle serving the general public, too. In fact it needs a lot of them because there are a lot of people. The school's goal is to educate competent dentists to serve the oral health needs of the state of Washington, which includes the underserved.

Anyways, question for everyone: does anyone remember when we receive our notice about the financial aid package we will get? I submitted my FAFSA on Jan 1, so I know they have the info.

Hmmm...this thread was kind of hijacked with all of that. Moving on...

Wow, you finished your FAFSA Jan 1. I just finished taxes yesterday and will probably get the FAFSA done tomorrow. I would also like to know when we are going to start getting more information? (i.e., registration, financial aid, class schedule, computer requirements, etc.)

When have you ever addressed questions any of us asked you?

Seriously, moving on...

I agree with you for the most part, which makes me think that you would disagree with the statement by dubs1485 that "the UWSOD has a mission deeply rooted in the service of the homeless and those who occupy lower socio-economic statuses." I never said anything about the school producing dentists for the state of Washington. All I did was correct this notion that people who attend UWSOD and UWSOM are following this so called "mission" of servicing the under served and underrepresented.

Kind of funny how two people responded and neither of them addressed the question of practicing in under served areas? What are you guys afraid of, dubs1485 labeling you guys rogue UWSOD students who don't buy into his supposed "mission" of the school?

We all want the same thing. The difference is I'm honest while you guys aren't. So keep pretending to praise this community outreach emphasis when in reality you have absolutely no personal interest in staying in those rural parts to practice.

This application cycle has been an exciting one for me, since I was accepted to dental school. It is something that I have worked a long time for. I am especially excited to be going to UW. I appreciate the initiation of this thread, as it allows me to familiarize myself with my classmates. If I am completely honest though, I must admit that I am embarrassed for those contributors who have allowed themselves to be carried away in such shallow and fruitless debates. I sincerely hope that you all get it out of your systems, so it doesn't corrupt our future potential to unite and work together as a class. Regardless of motives, we should all be looking for opportunities to build and unite, rather than belittle and divide.

Best of luck to you all! I look forward to getting to know the UWSOD class of 2013!

Well said Ean, even though I wont be part of UWSOD class of 2013 as of right now.. :(

Guys..I think Jimmy Choo aka Multiple-personallity gal is enjoying this throughly. Just ignore her because it's not worth wasting time on a person like that. Jimmy Choo - what you truly need is Jesus or other Gods to help you through life. I feel sorry for you. :luck::luck::luck:

This application cycle has been an exciting one for me, since I was accepted to dental school. It is something that I have worked a long time for. I am especially excited to be going to UW. I appreciate the initiation of this thread, as it allows me to familiarize myself with my classmates. If I am completely honest though, I must admit that I am embarrassed for those contributors who have allowed themselves to be carried away in such shallow and fruitless debates. I sincerely hope that you all get it out of your systems, so it doesn't corrupt our future potential to unite and work together as a class. Regardless of motives, we should all be looking for opportunities to build and unite, rather than belittle and divide.

Best of luck to you all! I look forward to getting to know the UWSOD class of 2013!
Agreed.

This thread is out of control.

On a side note, did any of you get accepted from out of state?
I can't decide if I should bother applying. I have an acceptable gpa and a good DAT.

I am not sure if Jimmy Choo is serious or not but to answer the specialization question, yes UW has an excellent history of getting students into their top choices for specialties. However it is all up to the individual, if you have the drive to get into a specialty program of your choice, you will get in. If it is Ortho you want, you are going to to have to work hard no matter what school you go to, its not like you can get into Ortho with so so stats just because you went to to a highly regarded dental school. As for specialization stats, that is pretty arbitrary, It doesn't matter how many people specialize each year, some years no one wants to do ortho and some years their might be 6 or more that want ortho. I can tell you that we usually have a 100% placement rate into specialty programs for those that want to specialize and most make it into their number one choice. I can understand where you are coming from in not being impressed with your interview, I too remember being underwhelmed. I don't know why but it is true that the UW really doesn't try to sell itself to the applicants like other schools do. I can tell you that the faculty here are excellent and well know in their respective fields, also we are lucky in that we have a large number of full and part-time faculty which is an area where many other schools struggle. You will really appreciate the many different insights and techniques you will learn from such a large variety of faculty and volunteers from the community. You will not be disappointed with your choice to attend the UW I can promise you that. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I have a quick question for you guys. Does anyone know if physics labs are required by UW? I didn't take one quarter of lab so I need to do that this spring if so :)

Congratulations to everyone who's been accepted so far!

I have a quick question for you guys. Does anyone know if physics labs are required by UW? I didn't take one quarter of lab so I need to do that this spring if so :)

Congratulations to everyone who's been accepted so far!

Nope I don't think UW actually requires any labs. Their website says all requirements are lecture rather than lab courses, and the acceptance letter says nothing about completing associated labs. There's 3 more hours of your week all quarter!

Check it out
http://www.dental.washington.edu/education/prospective_students/admissions.php#required

A piece of advice if you end up at a ranked school: beware of students with low undergrad GPAs and a chip on their shoulder.

I am not sure if Jimmy Choo is serious or not but to answer the specialization question, yes UW has an excellent history of getting students into their top choices for specialties. However it is all up to the individual, if you have the drive to get into a specialty program of your choice, you will get in. If it is Ortho you want, you are going to to have to work hard no matter what school you go to, its not like you can get into Ortho with so so stats just because you went to to a highly regarded dental school. As for specialization stats, that is pretty arbitrary, It doesn't matter how many people specialize each year, some years no one wants to do ortho and some years their might be 6 or more that want ortho. I can tell you that we usually have a 100% placement rate into specialty programs for those that want to specialize and most make it into their number one choice. I can understand where you are coming from in not being impressed with your interview, I too remember being underwhelmed. I don't know why but it is true that the UW really doesn't try to sell itself to the applicants like other schools do. I can tell you that the faculty here are excellent and well know in their respective fields, also we are lucky in that we have a large number of full and part-time faculty which is an area where many other schools struggle. You will really appreciate the many different insights and techniques you will learn from such a large variety of faculty and volunteers from the community. You will not be disappointed with your choice to attend the UW I can promise you that. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Dude, now might be the time to fib a bit and give her a push in the direction of some other school. "Uhhh, yeah we don't specialize here...maybe Harvard is where you want to go. Yeah...Boston, far away from Seattle."

A piece of advice if you end up at a ranked school: beware of students with low undergrad GPAs and a chip on their shoulder.
I understand that but I've had a chip on my shoulder all of my life for being the way I am. It's already happened in this thread and they don't even know me! People don't take me seriously or think I'm a ditz. :laugh: It keeps me off the radar.

Thanks for your reply, I've seen you post before. But I have to ask, do you have any concrete data regarding specialization? Specifically, how many ended up going into ortho or OMFS the last three years or so? How about GPR and private practice? Other schools I've interviewed at had fact sheets with complete information on where their grads have gone the last five years or so, which I liked a lot. :love:

Thanks for your reply, I've seen you post before. But I have to ask, do you have any concrete data regarding specialization? Specifically, how many ended up going into ortho or OMFS the last three years or so? How about GPR and private practice? Other schools I've interviewed at had fact sheets with complete information on where their grads have gone the last five years or so, which I liked a lot. :love:

You should call UW and ask them for that data. Just tell them that you're seriously contemplating their offer, but you need more information to make a decision because you have other offers that you are also considering. That would likely be the most direct route to getting your questions answered. I know that you mentioned before that you don't want to call them because you don't want to appear "superficial", but I don't think that should be a concern. If your goal is to specialize, and you believe which school you attend will make a big difference in attaining that goal, then getting all the info you can about a school's specialization opportunities is the most responsible approach you can take. Don't mess around with hearsay from pre-dents. Go straight to the source!

Yes, I know this information, but in no way does it matter. How does it benefit you to know that last years graduating class had 2 people apply to Ortho and they both made it into UW Ortho. Or that this year there were 5 applicants to OMFS and all made it into their number one choice. Like I said before if YOU want to specialize then it is up to YOU to make it happen, it wont make any difference whether you go to Harvard or UW, your chances are the same. UW is a great school, but it doesn't matter unless YOU put in the effort to take advantage of this amazing opportunity to learn.

Does anyone know of somebody who interviewed with UW on February 2nd? If so, have they heard back from the dental school yet? We haven't heard back yet and want to know if they have already made decisions about that group of candidates.