~Official USC Class of 2010 Thread~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ok so kinda freaking out.....
Yeah its totally and completely my fault but I cut my physical appointment way too close and had it done last week. They told me my lab results would be in by Saturday, because I had told them i needed them ASAP. I called them Saturday and they said they would call me back and they didn't. I drove over this morning to grab the paperwork at least so I could overnight it and the office was closed today for no seemingly good reason. so now I really don't know what to do. Im thinking I'm going to have to drive to the school tomorrow after I pick up the papers and deliver them myself but I live about six hours away. =/
sooo.........do you guys think they will kick me out of the class if the papers are late??

Members don't see this ad.

li1p0ptart said:
Yeah its totally and completely my fault but I cut my physical appointment way too close and had it done last week. They told me my lab results would be in by Saturday, because I had told them i needed them ASAP. I called them Saturday and they said they would call me back and they didn't. I drove over this morning to grab the paperwork at least so I could overnight it and the office was closed today for no seemingly good reason. so now I really don't know what to do. Im thinking I'm going to have to drive to the school tomorrow after I pick up the papers and deliver them myself but I live about six hours away. =/
sooo.........do you guys think they will kick me out of the class if the papers are late??

you should definitely call them before you drive that far. It may not be that big of a deal.

NF81 said:
caitlin823 said:
Does anyone know where most people live?? I just don't even know where to begin!

Downtown LA has really nice brand new apartments...it's suppose to be the next Manhattan or something...but when the sun goes down the bums, drug dealers, and prostitutes come out at night.....people strongly encourage you not to leave your home at night...so basically you'll be a prisoner in your home......me on the other hand...I'm pretty sure I'll be living in Century City....you should try places in west LA.....everywhere else has something wrong with it......if you want somewhere safe you should consider living at least 15-20 minutes away from campus....i know it sucks!!!

they have cleaned up downtown LA quite a bit, there are security cars and bikes circling at night and daytime, and i often see a girls walking around alone (not that they are hanging out on the streets, but they are getting around without any problems). its part of the "renovate downtown LA" project, yeah just kick out homeless/skidrow to another part of town while revitalizing an otherwise dead part of town...also they built a designer new homeless shelter which can accomodate a small fraction of the homeless population as a consolation prize. rants aside, there are a lot of new lofts coming out, prices are at least 600k for the lower level lofts, and ultra luxury lofts are being planned... so an apartment/rented loft will run around $2000+/month, do-able if shared between two. maybe its pricey but its still a good option because it really is VERy close to campus -- i drove from USC one evening back to downtown LA and it was just a 5minute drive down the surface streets towards bunker hill.

Members don't see this ad :)
li1p0ptart said:

i don't think they will kick you out, why would they bother doing that when they are getting $$$ this semester from you :p... all jokes aside, don't stress just get them in asap!

sweetemo said:
i don't think they will kick you out, why would they bother doing that when they are getting $$$ this semester from you :p... all jokes aside, don't stress just get them in asap!

Just give them a call. It shouldn't be that big of a deal if your papers are late. They'll take care of it all the first day of orientation. You're already in...they're not trying to kick you out!

Thanks guys for making me feel better! I talked to Eva and she said just bring them in the first day of Orientation, so you were right blumn! <3

Do people actually collect all 300 teeth by orientation? What are the consequences of not having any?

I saw this post before from the USC Teeth Collection thread on the dental forum:

That being said, so far at USC ( I have just about completed my 2nd year) I have probably used about only 30-40 teeth. The reason why they ask you to collect so many is because many of the teeth that you get will be so badly bombed out with caries, that they will not be of much use. Also, teeth with straight, fully formed roots, which are needed for the endodontics lab can be hard to come by, so you often have to look through you're whole jar , just to find the right tooth.

There will be people who didn't collect their own teeth, who are forced to mooch off of the people that did collect their teeth. It is much better to have your own stockpile, instead of having to beg for teeth all of the time.

-Quoting NVDental

jtanman said:
Do people actually collect all 300 teeth by orientation? What are the consequences of not having any?

Not too many people have actually collected that many teeth. You'll use two or three teeth the first year during your sealant rotation. Nobody checks to make sure you actually have been collecting teeth, but try and collect as many as you can.

I'm curious to know, on average how many teeth did you guys (who're already in dental school) collect by orientation? and how many have those of you who'll be starting monday collected thus far?

Mysteree said:
I'm curious to know, on average how many teeth did you guys (who're already in dental school) collect by orientation? and how many have those of you who'll be starting monday collected thus far?

I had 0 teeth by orientation. Right now I probably have a little over 100 teeth, mostly 3rd molars.

blumnday99 said:
I had 0 teeth by orientation. Right now I probably have a little over 100 teeth, mostly 3rd molars.

that makes me feel better :)

I have 0... and am not in the process of collecting any. I'm not too worried about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I am applying for the GradPlus loan and was wondering if you guys could recommend me what lender to use? Thanks

knyt said:
Hey guys, I am applying for the GradPlus loan and was wondering if you guys could recommend me what lender to use? Thanks

The Financial Aid office recommended ELR as the GradPlus lender.

ive got a bunch of teeth that have been collected for me from my dad (a dentist). its a good thing hes been thinking about this cause ive had WAY too much to think about. see you monday

xylashellx said:
ive got a bunch of teeth that have been collected for me from my dad (a dentist). its a good thing hes been thinking about this cause ive had WAY too much to think about. see you monday

It looks like you will be a friend of many throughout our time at USC. I am excited and nervous at the same time for school to start. Until the 21st...

tsgalloway said:
It looks like you will be a friend of many throughout our time at USC. I am excited and nervous at the same time for school to start. Until the 21st...

haha i hope so. excited to meet everyone.

See you guys there monday morning...where is everyone parking?

Mysteree said:

i have a vespa so i'll be parking like 5 feet from the front door and saving $2300 on parking for the four years combined (motorcycle passes are $110 a year and not $350 a semester YAYY!!). just look for the long haired guy with the silly white scooter.

Mysteree said:

Gate 8 I suppose.

tsgalloway said:
Gate 8 I suppose.

Hey there! What cell are you in?! How's it goin' thus far for you? How's your commute working out?

Hey everyone!
I'm in Cell A, group A2.

Mysteree said:
Hey there! What cell are you in?! How's it goin' thus far for you? How's your commute working out?

I'm in Cell B2. So far it has taken me between 35 - 90 minutes to get to and from the school. On average it is about an hour. I just have to plan ahead. Things are going pretty well. It was nice to get my refund check today...I need the money for September rent...Everyone else doing fine? Any regrets?

tsgalloway said:
I'm in Cell B2. So far it has taken me between 35 - 90 minutes to get to and from the school. On average it is about an hour. I just have to plan ahead. Things are going pretty well. It was nice to get my refund check today...I need the money for September rent...Everyone else doing fine? Any regrets?

that's not too bad, I'm in Cell A1. So you've been in my cpr group! and today during pics and pbl intro as well! You got your refund check? are we talking about taxes??? Too soon to comment on regrets just yet :)

Mysteree said:
that's not too bad, I'm in Cell A1. So you've been in my cpr group! and today during pics and pbl intro as well! You got your refund check? are we talking about taxes??? Too soon to comment on regrets just yet :)

Good to hear everything's going well...Get to know the people in the other half of your class...if you're in ABC, meet the DEFs and vice versa, because after orientation, you probably won't see them too much!

Mysteree said:

I got the disbursement check from the cashier's office... Loans to cover living expenses...Oh, boy...Lots of money...

xylashellx said:

Hey, Kyle...Did you get connected on the web today?

Hey, Kyle...Did you get connected on the web today?

yah finally...but i dont have a wireless router...go figure. so as of now i can only get on the internet with this 2 ft usb cable blah!

my 80s cover band is playing a wedding tomorrow.

everyone check out my movie at...

WWW.BTSMOVIE.COM

Quote of the day:
"Shagging balls"
lol what an awesome job description.

yah finally...but i dont have a wireless router...go figure. so as of now i can only get on the internet with this 2 ft usb cable blah!

my 80s cover band is playing a wedding tomorrow.

everyone check out my movie at...

WWW.BTSMOVIE.COM

what's up kyle? when does it hit the screen (big or little)?

what's up kyle? when does it hit the screen (big or little)?

we are having the first screening at the end of sept or beginning of oct...and everyone will probably be invited.

then it goes to the national and international film festival. then hopefully it gets picked up and goes to the big screen. i'll let you know

we are having the first screening at the end of sept or beginning of oct...and everyone will probably be invited.

then it goes to the national and international film festival. then hopefully it gets picked up and goes to the big screen. i'll let you know

yeah let me know...it looks sick! (pun intended)