-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***Official VCU class of 2011 Attendance Thread***
Started by aquell
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
join the facebook group "VCU School of Dentistry Class of 2011!" if you haven't already! congrats guys can't wait to meet you all!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
will do!! thanks! can't wait! Do you know if you are going to rent or buy a home? I can't figure out which to do. I hate to put that much money into rent, but I'm not sure I want to invest that much into a house when we have such huge tuition payments!
will do!! thanks! can't wait! Do you know if you are going to rent or buy a home? I can't figure out which to do. I hate to put that much money into rent, but I'm not sure I want to invest that much into a house when we have such huge tuition payments!
yea...i'm going to be living off of some huge loans haha so i'm renting an apt with one of my friends (actually really distantly related cousin somehow i dont know) who is a D1 now......we're going to be so broke 😱
join the facebook group "VCU School of Dentistry Class of 2011!" if you haven't already! congrats guys can't wait to meet you all!
LOL...ok already, ease up with facebook. LOL you should be their spokesperson. See you all in July! 😉
LOL...ok already, ease up with facebook. LOL you should be their spokesperson. See you all in July! 😉
hey i created the group...im just doing some harmless advertising....you got a problem w/ that i'll kick you out of the group HAHA jk
ps: our other vcu thread has been dissed...being "ridiculously long" hahahaha
hey i created the group...im just doing some harmless advertising....you got a problem w/ that i'll kick you out of the group HAHA jk
ps: our other vcu thread has been dissed...being "rediculously long" hahahaha
So, I think I may be able to take you. I've been practicing joo-jit-zu. Ok, now you know im lying. So what do we do about being dissed Kooch? Justice must be served.
So, I think I may be able to take you. I've been practicing joo-jit-zu. Ok, now you know im lying. So what do we do about being dissed Kooch? Justice must be served.
hahaahhahaaaaaaaaaa joo-jit-zu...you're a nut
sooooo i say once we find the identity of the one who started this thread and is against adding to the lovely length of our thread (we were going for a new RECORD people!)...we take them down the first day of classes......the end 😎
The housing market around the Richmond area is going to do well. Buy a house.
Oh really KOM? That is great to hear! Do you live in the area? Have any suggestions on areas that might be on the cheaper side?? 🙂 Thanks for your help!
Oh really KOM? That is great to hear! Do you live in the area? Have any suggestions on areas that might be on the cheaper side?? 🙂 Thanks for your help!
South Side (Chesterfield) is cheaper in terms of buying a house and there are some decent communities out there. The West End I believe is the nicest area other than the fact that it seems to be getting more and more crowded, but houses are very expensive...rent is affordable. We have a 2 BR, 2 bath, 1100 sq feet apartment that we pay $765/month.
Hanover County I hear is decent. It all depends how far you're willing to live outside the city.
I believe Richmond's economy will continue to be on the upswing as it is rapidly becoming part of a huge scientifc corridor that extends from Maryland, thru DC and down into Richmond. The housing market has taken a bit of a hit recently just like everywhere, but it will rebound. It's definitely becoming a buyers market and you could probably find a pretty good deal on a house. I would say if you wait another 6 months or so and then buy, you'll get even more of a deal. Just a hunch.
hahaahhahaaaaaaaaaa joo-jit-zu...you're a nut![]()
sooooo i say once we find the identity of the one who started this thread and is against adding to the lovely length of our thread (we were going for a new RECORD people!)...we take them down the first day of classes......the end 😎
👍 Sounds good.
hey, does anyone know if there will be interviews after the second round of acceptances (Feb 1), or am i screwed if i haven't heard from them yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does that mean that there will be no more interviews held after that date, or they will not send out invitations to interview after that date?
well ****. i don't suppose they are big on giving 10 days or fewer notice to those whom they are interviewing?
sorry, i'm starting to feel the stress. i have 3 schools left that haven't rejected me, including vcu, and i haven't heard jack squat from any of them.
EDIT: I just got off the phone with Sharon, who, contrary to what many people have said on this forum, was EXTREMELY nice and helpful. She said I'm not on the list to be interviewed but she said she would pull my file and stick it under Dr. Healy's nose, so to speak. who knows, maybe my 15 years of prior VA residency will help me out.
EDIT #2: Well, Dr. Healy looked at my file again and thinks I'll have a much better chance if I apply early next year and do well in my remaining coursework. Looks like I won't be joining the rest of you. Best of luck!
sorry, i'm starting to feel the stress. i have 3 schools left that haven't rejected me, including vcu, and i haven't heard jack squat from any of them.
EDIT: I just got off the phone with Sharon, who, contrary to what many people have said on this forum, was EXTREMELY nice and helpful. She said I'm not on the list to be interviewed but she said she would pull my file and stick it under Dr. Healy's nose, so to speak. who knows, maybe my 15 years of prior VA residency will help me out.
EDIT #2: Well, Dr. Healy looked at my file again and thinks I'll have a much better chance if I apply early next year and do well in my remaining coursework. Looks like I won't be joining the rest of you. Best of luck!
KOOCHOOLOO WITHDRAWAL!!!!!!!!!!!
Total student loans: $200,000.
A house near Richmond: $90,000.
New computer: $500
Hiding Kooch's dental instruments in the MCV parking ramp before trying out my joo-jit-zoo: Priceless
Total student loans: $200,000.
A house near Richmond: $90,000.
New computer: $500
Hiding Kooch's dental instruments in the MCV parking ramp before trying out my joo-jit-zoo: Priceless
there will be another seat open soon...i sent in my deposit but then got into my first choice, so that means one person on the waitlist or who is interviewing will get a seat! good luck to all! 🙂
there will be another seat open soon...i sent in my deposit but then got into my first choice, so that means one person on the waitlist or who is interviewing will get a seat! good luck to all! 🙂
Alex! What the dil? Aren't we good enough for you?! Alright...spill it. Where ya going? 😉
I'm sorry I won't get to meet you all...I really loved VCU when I interviewed there, and it looked like a wonderful school...but I ended getting accepted to Case, my first choice... so I'm off to Cleveland! Good luck to everyone going to VCU! 🙂
anybody who had their interview feb. 1st - feb. 14th know what day Dr. Healy said that he would hold their faculty meeting/send out acceptances?? i believe he said the 21st and then send out acceptance by march. but he wasn't too sure about it then. thank youu..
Hey and congrats to you guys going to VCU next fall. I'm a dental student 1st year and just wanted to let you know I have a house and am renting 3 rooms. If anyone needs a quiet, clean, place to stay IM me back. Its about 2.7 miles for MCV (I don't drive to school). You'd have your own bathroom and possible a park in the garage. Let me know! And good luck! And if you have any questions about school hit me up!!
has anybody heard from vcu in the last week? or does anybody know when they will be sending out rejections/acceptances again?? thanks..
I called and they said that if I didn't hear anything by March 1st then it probably wasn't going to happen....and I haven't heard anything yet. However, I haven't heard news of anyone getting in lately.
My buddy and I both got into VCU at the beginning of this week. Already joined the facebook group.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed on the 6th of December (I got my app. in a little late). You never know if spots will open up. I thought I was done for b/c I'm a VA resident, so don't give up yet! This was my second time applying, so if I had anything to say to anyone, it would be to keep on trying and apply by the end of the first week.
Hey...if you are going to VCU and your name is Elizabeth, please PM me or respond here. I'm intrigued especially if your parents met my best friend and you will be living next door to her on Stuart. She too is from Buffalo.
reviving the "real" official VCU thread!! 😛 JK!!
Excuse me Aquell... Did you say something? Didn't think so... oh yeah, IT IS SOOOO ON!
Excuse me Aquell... Did you say something? Didn't think so... oh yeah, IT IS SOOOO ON!
HAHAHAAHAH ok i get it now....our 4 pg thread will dominate!!!
H
HermeytheElf
can y guys/gals tell me somthing about vcu ???? thanks.
The Museum of the Confederacy is right next door. Honestly I don't know why that isn't included in the tour on interview day.
in case any of you follow march madness, VCU beat duke today in the tournament. so if dental school there is not enough to look foward too, you have bball now too. haha
So I hear this is being called the biggest "upset" in 11 years. I don't follow bball, but I'll take a winning team over Duke any day...especially if it's VCU 😉
So I hear this is being called the biggest "upset" in 11 years. I don't follow bball, but I'll take a winning team over Duke any day...especially if it's VCU 😉
Yeh we were going nuts last night!! Couldn't believe VCU pulled the upset! And to think...4 months ago I was quoted as...."what? VCU has a basketball team??" ha
KOOCHOOLOO WITHDRAWAL!!!!!!!!!!!![]()
Total student loans: $200,000.
A house near Richmond: $90,000.
New computer: $500
Hiding Kooch's dental instruments in the MCV parking ramp before trying out my joo-jit-zoo: Priceless
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA i just saw this...sugar you crack a sista up bahahaha this is so funny i cant help myself
yea i've been called slow before...shut up.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA i just saw this...sugar you crack a sista up bahahaha this is so funny i cant help myself
yea i've been called slow before...shut up.
HAHA. I didn't say anything, but I am very impressed with the fact that you could read my mind. That is quite a skill 😎
thankee thankee 😀
so dr healy said he was going to send a letter out...my parents stopped the mail until tuesday cuz they went overseas for vacation...what's the letter say? im assuming reminder for 2nd deposit and final transcript..anything else crucial?
so dr healy said he was going to send a letter out...my parents stopped the mail until tuesday cuz they went overseas for vacation...what's the letter say? im assuming reminder for 2nd deposit and final transcript..anything else crucial?
thankee thankee 😀
so dr healy said he was going to send a letter out...my parents stopped the mail until tuesday cuz they went overseas for vacation...what's the letter say? im assuming reminder for 2nd deposit and final transcript..anything else crucial?
Nah...it is generally a repeat of the last. 2nd deposit, background check etc. Hope you pass

Nah...it is generally a repeat of the last. 2nd deposit, background check etc. Hope you pass![]()
dont worry i passed...they didn't catch me this time 😀 woohoo im still on the loose
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 284
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 80K