***Official VCU class of 2011 Attendance Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So what color are we all in most agreement? We should probably all try to agree on something so that when we get to d. school we can all combine our efforts so that we don't end up with something crazy like yellow!! How bout everyone list their ranking of colors. 1=most favorite 5=least favorite. colors=black, orange, red, forest green, and brown.

Forgot to give mine...1. orange 2. red 3. black 4. grey (oops...forgot to put that in :) 5 f. green

Members don't see this ad.

So what color are we all in most agreement? We should probably all try to agree on something so that when we get to d. school we can all combine our efforts so that we don't end up with something crazy like yellow!! How bout everyone list their ranking of colors. 1=most favorite 5=least favorite. colors=black, orange, red, forest green, and brown.

I'll go like this:
1. Black - school color and it's simple
2. Red - this is supposed to be a dominant color, but if we all wear it, how do we know who the dominant one is?
3. Brown - could be kind of drab
4. Orange - my favorite color, but not "EVERY.... SINGLE..... DAY" favorite
5. Forest Green - Never looks as good as you think it will.

I guess it doesn't matter all that much to me. I like red, black and grey best... but why wouldn't we just be given the color the outgoing D-4s have? I'm no fun, I know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ha! Yeh, I'm sure we probably will. I was just trying to keep myself busy and pass the time. I think they said that we all can vote...but I'm not positive on that. Plus isn't the D4 class sky blue or something?? not my favorite... :)

Ha! Yeh, I'm sure we probably will. I was just trying to keep myself busy and pass the time. I think they said that we all can vote...but I'm not positive on that. Plus isn't the D4 class sky blue or something?? not my favorite... :)

Yeah, I think they are light-medium blue...a vote would be cool. If you are looking for ways to pass the time though, imfillingfine has a link to this bubblewrap website where you can run your mouse over the bubbles and it make a popping noise... but the best part is, they come back, so it's neverending fun! er eh... actually it gets old pretty quick but it's moderately amusing for about 3 minutes or so. Don't try to outsmart the bubbles though. You will lose! I learned that the hard way.

Yeah, I think they are light-medium blue...a vote would be cool. If you are looking for ways to pass the time though, imfillingfine has a link to this bubblewrap website where you can run your mouse over the bubbles and it make a popping noise... but the best part is, they come back, so it's neverending fun! er eh... actually it gets old pretty quick but it's moderately amusing for about 3 minutes or so. Don't try to outsmart the bubbles though. You will lose! I learned that the hard way.

HAHAH you rock my world

what about maroon?

but if i have to choose from those 5 here's my ranking

1. black
2. f. green
3. red
4. orange
5. brown

sky blue is good too

You guys are killing me with the Orange, do we really want to be confused with the inmates picking up trash when we walk out of the dental school building?

How about beige/tan or maybe an olive drab?

Or better yet maybe a tropical theme. We can daydream about the great vacations we'll be going on after we get established, but then again, that might be a little depressing thinking about how many tropical drinks we are going to have to avoid over the next 4 years. hmmmm????

what if we dont even have the choice and we're stuck with whatever they pick for us :scared: we doomed

beware of your choice of the scrubs.. the company that makes them is terrible. they don't fit right on women, and on men over time the loosen so much you can't even keep them around your waist..

4th year and 3rd years didn't have to wear scrubs this year, as it is a new rule...

black/orange is probably a bad idea -- black --- patients won't like them too much --- and it will show everything from lab all crap ... orange? hrm the inmates come to school often, i don't know what the correctional officers would think when they see alot of people without their cuffs

our class choose navy and we all look like car mechanics --

So from what I have seen here is the list of ppl on sdn accepted to vcu...
Koochooloo
KOM
aquell
SugarNaCl
soccergolferws39
jrstephe
ilikecows
flanagant
psuforever
hokiedds
aurora507
smilingHokie
lmsimon

anyone else?

beware of your choice of the scrubs.. the company that makes them is terrible. they don't fit right on women, and on men over time the loosen so much you can't even keep them around your waist..

4th year and 3rd years didn't have to wear scrubs this year, as it is a new rule...

black/orange is probably a bad idea -- black --- patients won't like them too much --- and it will show everything from lab all crap ... orange? hrm the inmates come to school often, i don't know what the correctional officers would think when they see alot of people without their cuffs

our class choose navy and we all look like car mechanics --

Ha! thanks for the info! So based on your experience, what would your guess be for the 2007 d1's scrubs color? Will we be able to choose them or will they be chosen for us? And what color do the d4's have right now? (or had if they aren't wearing them now)
thanks

Koochooloo
KOM
aquell
SugarNaCl
soccergolferws39
jrstephe
ilikecows
flanagant
psuforever
hokiedds
aurora507
smilingHokie
lmsimon

anyone else?

Sounds good to me!

Sounds good to me!

there's 37 of us in the facebook group :D join if you haven't already!!! (this is like my 495838459th ad for it (VCU School of Dentistry Class of 2011!)

Members don't see this ad :)
there's 37 of us in the facebook group :D join if you haven't already!!! (this is like my 495838459th ad for it (VCU School of Dentistry Class of 2011!)

Yes, but where is the anonymity in that? :)

hahah FINE i just wanted to call everyone by their SDN names when we got to school :smuggrin: gosha RUIN my fun :D

Ha! First day of class I will be cracking up when I hear you going around asking "Who is ILIKECOWS" lol

Ha! First day of class I will be cracking up when I hear you going around asking "Who is ILIKECOWS" lol

HAHA ok now it's time for some detective work..i need to figure this out before school starts so i dont look like an idiot...hahah it'd be so funny if i wrote down all the sdn names and made signs for each person like people at the airport do...i'm assuming you're in the facebook group which means im your friend which means i need to search everyone's profile for Interests: Cows...i'm on it!

ok you dont seem to have cows under your interests on facebook hahaha...i left you a message in our facebook group and i expect a response!

Koochooloo
KOM
aquell
SugarNaCl
soccergolferws39
jrstephe
ilikecows
flanagant
psuforever
hokiedds
aurora507
smilingHokie
lmsimon

anyone else?

Count me in!!:D

ps - ilikecows wheeeere aaaaare youuuuu and WHO are you?!?!?!

Welcome JINU! When did you get accepted? Don't forget to join facebook:D

I already joined facebook long time ago...I just havn't been posting on SDN. I got accepted in Feb. and really excited to see you guys in July~!!:D

Anyone heard anything lately from VCU?

Anyone heard anything lately from VCU?

Yeah... I mentioned I thought we may hear something after the May 1st deadline right? Well yesterday in the mail I received my financial aid info and today my parents got a letter congratulating them on my acceptance. No info on how much tuition is though or additional details.

Yeah... I mentioned I thought we may hear something after the May 1st deadline right? Well yesterday in the mail I received my financial aid info and today my parents got a letter congratulating them on my acceptance. No info on how much tuition is though or additional details.

yello! what kind of aid info did you get suga?

i think i scared ilikecows away :(

yello! what kind of aid info did you get suga?

They just told me how much I qualify for with Stafford Loans. They offered me the whole shebang. I have to now reject any amount that I don't want. Free money is cool even if you have to pay interest... If only it was free for more than 4 years.

I heard that projected amounts for tuition and fees are $11,694/semester.

I heard that projected amounts for tuition and fees are $11,694/semester.

Wow... I really wish I were an instater. Mine should be about double that. I'm jealous, but VA is better than NY for my husband anyway so it's cool. Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know if that was "the package" or will we be getting another one that pertains more to general info for class of 2011?

Thanks!

i think i scared ilikecows away :(

Ha, nope didn't scare me away. :) Just been very busy with school and all. And I am still waiting to get some information from VCU as well! It sure would be nice to hear SOMETHING from them...

Ha, nope didn't scare me away. :) Just been very busy with school and all. And I am still waiting to get some information from VCU as well! It sure would be nice to hear SOMETHING from them...

i know! i haven't received any packages yet :scared:

I contacted Chasity who told me to contact Karen Gilliam at VCU. She emailed me back saying we should receive orientation, tuition and the rest of the general information packet at the end of May or beginning of June.

I contacted Chasity who told me to contact Karen Gilliam at VCU. She emailed me back saying we should receive orientation, tuition and the rest of the general information packet at the end of May or beginning of June.

graciasss lover

Did everyone see that the Fall 2007 class schedule is up? What do you think? If you compare last Fall with this Fall...we have less classes but also less free time. Kinda weird how that happened

Did everyone see that the Fall 2007 class schedule is up? What do you think? If you compare last Fall with this Fall...we have less classes but also less free time. Kinda weird how that happened

Yeah, I just saw that this morning. I guess that second afternoon class used to be in D-1 second semester. Wonder how the other schedules will change.

Which class are you referring to? I think they just changed some of the "titles" of the class, but it's the same material. Like "Dental Anatomy (GENP 511)" is last years "Oral Anat and Occlusion (GENP 511) ...who knows though. It looks like the just bumped up the hours for Operative dentistry ALOT...so I don't know if that means that they are giving us more time in the labs...or there will be more lecture time as well :eek: But hey, I'm not complaining...no BIOCHEMISTRY!! WAHOO!

Which class are you referring to? I think they just changed some of the "titles" of the class, but it's the same material. Like "Dental Anatomy (GENP 511)" is last years "Oral Anat and Occlusion (GENP 511) ...who knows though. It looks like the just bumped up the hours for Operative dentistry ALOT...so I don't know if that means that they are giving us more time in the labs...or there will be more lecture time as well :eek: But hey, I'm not complaining...no BIOCHEMISTRY!! WAHOO!

Yeah, I think the titles may just be changed too. Dental materials is the course that is listed for last years class, but not for us. I just mean it is shifted everything around. Anyway, I'm a little concerned about biochem because I took biochem about 7 years ago and will definitely need a refresher before the first part of the board exam. This past year it was optional but it doesn't appear they even allow time to take it in this first semester schedule.

Yes, I too am somewhat in the same boat. Hopefully dental decks and textbooks will be enough.

Saddened to say, I jumped the VCU ship to attend the U of MN. I'm glad to be out of Richmond, but the school itself is awesome. You guys will have a lot of fun.

Good luck to you all!

KOM ya traitor! I already knew you would pick a different school... sigh :mad:

KOM,
when did you change your mind? Recently? I'm a wait list hopeful and I would love that spot....