***Official VCU class of 2011 Attendance Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aquell

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that there was another "official" thread out there...but I thought it got a little ridiculously long, so I thought I would start this one so it could include the ppl accepted on Feb 1st. CAN'T WAIT FOR JULY!! WAHOO VCU!

Members don't see this ad.

count me in!! got my acceptance yesterday!

join the facebook group "VCU School of Dentistry Class of 2011!" if you haven't already! congrats guys can't wait to meet you all!

Members don't see this ad :)
will do!! thanks! can't wait! Do you know if you are going to rent or buy a home? I can't figure out which to do. I hate to put that much money into rent, but I'm not sure I want to invest that much into a house when we have such huge tuition payments!

will do!! thanks! can't wait! Do you know if you are going to rent or buy a home? I can't figure out which to do. I hate to put that much money into rent, but I'm not sure I want to invest that much into a house when we have such huge tuition payments!

yea...i'm going to be living off of some huge loans haha so i'm renting an apt with one of my friends (actually really distantly related cousin somehow i dont know) who is a D1 now......we're going to be so broke :eek:

The housing market around the Richmond area is going to do well. Buy a house.

join the facebook group "VCU School of Dentistry Class of 2011!" if you haven't already! congrats guys can't wait to meet you all!

LOL...ok already, ease up with facebook. LOL you should be their spokesperson. See you all in July! ;)

LOL...ok already, ease up with facebook. LOL you should be their spokesperson. See you all in July! ;)

hey i created the group...im just doing some harmless advertising....you got a problem w/ that i'll kick you out of the group HAHA jk

ps: our other vcu thread has been dissed...being "ridiculously long" hahahaha

hey i created the group...im just doing some harmless advertising....you got a problem w/ that i'll kick you out of the group HAHA jk

ps: our other vcu thread has been dissed...being "rediculously long" hahahaha

So, I think I may be able to take you. I've been practicing joo-jit-zu. Ok, now you know im lying. So what do we do about being dissed Kooch? Justice must be served.

So, I think I may be able to take you. I've been practicing joo-jit-zu. Ok, now you know im lying. So what do we do about being dissed Kooch? Justice must be served.

hahaahhahaaaaaaaaaa joo-jit-zu...you're a nut :laugh:

sooooo i say once we find the identity of the one who started this thread and is against adding to the lovely length of our thread (we were going for a new RECORD people!)...we take them down the first day of classes......the end :cool:

The housing market around the Richmond area is going to do well. Buy a house.

Oh really KOM? That is great to hear! Do you live in the area? Have any suggestions on areas that might be on the cheaper side?? :) Thanks for your help!

Oh really KOM? That is great to hear! Do you live in the area? Have any suggestions on areas that might be on the cheaper side?? :) Thanks for your help!

South Side (Chesterfield) is cheaper in terms of buying a house and there are some decent communities out there. The West End I believe is the nicest area other than the fact that it seems to be getting more and more crowded, but houses are very expensive...rent is affordable. We have a 2 BR, 2 bath, 1100 sq feet apartment that we pay $765/month.

Hanover County I hear is decent. It all depends how far you're willing to live outside the city.

I believe Richmond's economy will continue to be on the upswing as it is rapidly becoming part of a huge scientifc corridor that extends from Maryland, thru DC and down into Richmond. The housing market has taken a bit of a hit recently just like everywhere, but it will rebound. It's definitely becoming a buyers market and you could probably find a pretty good deal on a house. I would say if you wait another 6 months or so and then buy, you'll get even more of a deal. Just a hunch.

hahaahhahaaaaaaaaaa joo-jit-zu...you're a nut :laugh:

sooooo i say once we find the identity of the one who started this thread and is against adding to the lovely length of our thread (we were going for a new RECORD people!)...we take them down the first day of classes......the end :cool:

:thumbup: Sounds good.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, does anyone know if there will be interviews after the second round of acceptances (Feb 1), or am i screwed if i haven't heard from them yet?

they are interviewing until feb. 15th...

does that mean that there will be no more interviews held after that date, or they will not send out invitations to interview after that date?

no more interviews after that day....

well ****. i don't suppose they are big on giving 10 days or fewer notice to those whom they are interviewing?

sorry, i'm starting to feel the stress. i have 3 schools left that haven't rejected me, including vcu, and i haven't heard jack squat from any of them.

EDIT: I just got off the phone with Sharon, who, contrary to what many people have said on this forum, was EXTREMELY nice and helpful. She said I'm not on the list to be interviewed but she said she would pull my file and stick it under Dr. Healy's nose, so to speak. who knows, maybe my 15 years of prior VA residency will help me out.

EDIT #2: Well, Dr. Healy looked at my file again and thinks I'll have a much better chance if I apply early next year and do well in my remaining coursework. Looks like I won't be joining the rest of you. Best of luck!

any more vcu acceptances??? i hope there are seats left for mee !!!:scared:

KOOCHOOLOO WITHDRAWAL!!!!!!!!!!! :scared:
Total student loans: $200,000.
A house near Richmond: $90,000.
New computer: $500
Hiding Kooch's dental instruments in the MCV parking ramp before trying out my joo-jit-zoo: Priceless

there will be another seat open soon...i sent in my deposit but then got into my first choice, so that means one person on the waitlist or who is interviewing will get a seat! good luck to all! :)

there will be another seat open soon...i sent in my deposit but then got into my first choice, so that means one person on the waitlist or who is interviewing will get a seat! good luck to all! :)

Alex! What the dil? Aren't we good enough for you?! Alright...spill it. Where ya going? ;)

hehe yayyy...best of luck alex!

I'm sorry I won't get to meet you all...I really loved VCU when I interviewed there, and it looked like a wonderful school...but I ended getting accepted to Case, my first choice... so I'm off to Cleveland! Good luck to everyone going to VCU! :)

anybody who had their interview feb. 1st - feb. 14th know what day Dr. Healy said that he would hold their faculty meeting/send out acceptances?? i believe he said the 21st and then send out acceptance by march. but he wasn't too sure about it then. thank youu..

Hey and congrats to you guys going to VCU next fall. I'm a dental student 1st year and just wanted to let you know I have a house and am renting 3 rooms. If anyone needs a quiet, clean, place to stay IM me back. Its about 2.7 miles for MCV (I don't drive to school). You'd have your own bathroom and possible a park in the garage. Let me know! And good luck! And if you have any questions about school hit me up!!

has anybody heard from vcu in the last week? or does anybody know when they will be sending out rejections/acceptances again?? thanks..

has anybody heard from vcu in the last week? or does anybody know when they will be sending out rejections/acceptances again?? thanks..

I called and they said that if I didn't hear anything by March 1st then it probably wasn't going to happen....and I haven't heard anything yet. However, I haven't heard news of anyone getting in lately.

My buddy and I both got into VCU at the beginning of this week. Already joined the facebook group.

congratulations soccer!!!:)
i thought they had sent out the last of the acceptances this weekend...congrats!

i guess the most of the rest of us will be getting our rejection letters soon. :(

soccer -when was your interview ??

I interviewed on the 6th of December (I got my app. in a little late). You never know if spots will open up. I thought I was done for b/c I'm a VA resident, so don't give up yet! This was my second time applying, so if I had anything to say to anyone, it would be to keep on trying and apply by the end of the first week.

Hey...if you are going to VCU and your name is Elizabeth, please PM me or respond here. I'm intrigued especially if your parents met my best friend and you will be living next door to her on Stuart. She too is from Buffalo.

can y guys/gals tell me somthing about vcu ???? thanks.

reviving the "real" official VCU thread!! :p JK!!

Excuse me Aquell... Did you say something? Didn't think so... oh yeah, IT IS SOOOO ON!

HAHAHAAHAH ok i get it now....our 4 pg thread will dominate!!!

in case any of you follow march madness, VCU beat duke today in the tournament. so if dental school there is not enough to look foward too, you have bball now too. haha

in case any of you follow march madness, VCU beat duke today in the tournament. so if dental school there is not enough to look foward too, you have bball now too. haha

So I hear this is being called the biggest "upset" in 11 years. I don't follow bball, but I'll take a winning team over Duke any day...especially if it's VCU ;)

So I hear this is being called the biggest "upset" in 11 years. I don't follow bball, but I'll take a winning team over Duke any day...especially if it's VCU ;)

Yeh we were going nuts last night!! Couldn't believe VCU pulled the upset! And to think...4 months ago I was quoted as...."what? VCU has a basketball team??" ha

please this is NOT the biggest upset in 11 years....this all happened last year with mason. sit down vcu kids. been there done that - :love: mason:love: girl

you're right...it's not the biggest upset in 11 years. But it is a great W for VCU! And try not to let your bitterness show too much since VCU kept gm out...lol. JK!

yes you are right..i am being overly bitter b/c they kept us out...i'll try to tone it down alittle...:)

KOOCHOOLOO WITHDRAWAL!!!!!!!!!!! :scared:
Total student loans: $200,000.
A house near Richmond: $90,000.
New computer: $500
Hiding Kooch's dental instruments in the MCV parking ramp before trying out my joo-jit-zoo: Priceless

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA i just saw this...sugar you crack a sista up bahahaha this is so funny i cant help myself

yea i've been called slow before...shut up.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA i just saw this...sugar you crack a sista up bahahaha this is so funny i cant help myself

yea i've been called slow before...shut up.

HAHA. I didn't say anything, but I am very impressed with the fact that you could read my mind. That is quite a skill :cool:

thankee thankee :D

so dr healy said he was going to send a letter out...my parents stopped the mail until tuesday cuz they went overseas for vacation...what's the letter say? im assuming reminder for 2nd deposit and final transcript..anything else crucial?

thankee thankee :D

so dr healy said he was going to send a letter out...my parents stopped the mail until tuesday cuz they went overseas for vacation...what's the letter say? im assuming reminder for 2nd deposit and final transcript..anything else crucial?

Nah...it is generally a repeat of the last. 2nd deposit, background check etc. Hope you pass :scared:

Nah...it is generally a repeat of the last. 2nd deposit, background check etc. Hope you pass :scared:

dont worry i passed...they didn't catch me this time :D woohoo im still on the loose

Hey what's up everybody? Just wondering how all my future classmates are doing! Anyone heard anything lately from VCU? Anyone doing anything interesting lately? As you can tell...I'm a little bored! later!