**Official VCU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash01

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just read that someone received an interview from this school! Anyone else? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
School: VCU
Notification date: 7/13/16
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Virginia
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1/16
Application complete date: 6/17/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/25/19/none

Ahh, I'm really hoping for an interview here since I'm instate! Have you scheduled which date your interview will be on?

Members don't see this ad :)
Notification date: 7/13/16
Residency: Virginia
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1/16
Application complete date: 6/17/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/25/19/none
Congrats!

Ahh, I'm really hoping for an interview here since I'm instate! Have you scheduled which date your interview will be on?

The first VCU interview is scheduled Aug 19th and I think they only do one big interview with 60-70 applicants a month. I'm not sure how they're sending out invitations since it seems like the few of us who have gotten interviews, the dates have been scattered. You got this!! It's still early, so hopefully you'll hear from them soon! :)

The first VCU interview is scheduled Aug 19th and I think they only do one big interview with 60-70 applicants a month. I'm not sure how they're sending out invitations since it seems like the few of us who have gotten interviews, the dates have been scattered. You got this!! It's still early, so hopefully you'll hear from them soon! :)

Thanks! Congrats on the interview! It's definitely my first choice so I'm crossing my fingers!

Don't worry if you didn't get one yet! Mine came in early October for a pre-December interview :) I think they only do 3 giant days before December and then 1 after.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if VCU accepts emailed/faxed DAT scores? I took the DAT 2 days ago but they have had my AADSAS application since like late June

My first interview!

Interview Date: August 19th
Notification date: 7/25
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24
Application completed: 6/7
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.81 oGPA:3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): AA 23 TS 22 PAT 20 RC 24

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if the interview just went out to instate individuals?

Hmm, I'm not sure. They may be reviewing instate applicants first since it seems like the few people who have gotten interviews are from VA.

Hello! I'm an OOS resident with pretty average grades/scores so I'm not surprised that I'm not in the first wave of applicants to get an interview invitation. However, on my AADSAS portal, it says that my application to VCU is complete (as opposed to under review), but it doesn't have anything in the "status defined" portion. Do you think this means they haven't come to a full conclusion about me and I possibly will receive a later interview slot?

Thanks and good luck to all!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I'm an OOS resident with pretty average grades/scores so I'm not surprised that I'm not in the first wave of applicants to get an interview invitation. However, on my AADSAS portal, it says that my application to VCU is complete (as opposed to under review), but it doesn't have anything in the "status defined" portion. Do you think this means they haven't come to a full conclusion about me and I possibly will receive a later interview slot?

Thanks and good luck to all!!
Also OOS with the same status and nothing in "status defined". I think they're giving out interviews to instates first so we still have hope :)

Does anyone know who which VCU staff run the VCU interviews?

Just paid my secondary fee :)!
Pretty excited.

Invited for interview. Received "request for additional information" email on July 25th because one evaluation wasn't submitted. Last evaluation was submitted on July 30 and invited for interview on August 1!

Invited for interview. Received "request for additional information" email on July 25th because one evaluation wasn't submitted. Last evaluation was submitted on July 30 and invited for interview on August 1!
Congratulations!!
Are you instate? Also can you share your stats if you don't mind!

Congratulations!!
Are you instate? Also can you share your stats if you don't mind!

Yes I'm instate
AADSAS mail-out date:7/22
Application completed: 7/9
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.40 oGPA:3.61
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): AA 22 TS 22 PAT 21 RC 22

Yes I'm instate
AADSAS mail-out date:7/22
Application completed: 7/9
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.40 oGPA:3.61
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): AA 22 TS 22 PAT 21 RC 22

I'm in-state too with very similar stats, makes me optimistic about my chances. Thanks for sharing!!

Just got an interview from VCU today! Kinda nervous since it's in 11 days...

Am I missing something or is VCU really that cheap out of state? I used the VCU tuition calculator, and I got a total of $151,000 for all the related school expenses. This seems way too low...

Am I missing something or is VCU really that cheap out of state? I used the VCU tuition calculator, and I got a total of $151,000 for all the related school expenses. This seems way too low...

Not sure about out of state but they're definitely super cheap in state. 4 years of dental school is a little under 70k (not including housing and other non-tuition expenses)

Not sure about out of state but they're definitely super cheap in state. 4 years of dental school is a little under 70k (not including housing and other non-tuition expenses)
Really? When I looked at the VCU website I thought tuition for in-state was more around 50k for the first year not including living, etc.

does anyone elses email say that the interview will end at 2:30 PM? On the website it said it ends around 5:30 PM

Really? When I looked at the VCU website I thought tuition for in-state was more around 50k for the first year not including living, etc.

Definitely not. Look at their tuition calculator

does anyone elses email say that the interview will end at 2:30 PM? On the website it said it ends around 5:30 PM
This is what mine says. "The interview activities will extend until approximately 4:30pm. "

Congrats to everybody who has received an interview thus far. I have been here for three years now and I can honestly say I do not regret choosing VCU over other offers.
Let me know if you have any questions and I will try my best to answer them.

Congrats to everybody who has received an interview thus far. I have been here for three years now and I can honestly say I do not regret choosing VCU over other offers.

Do you know what the general format of the whole day is during interviews? My impression is that the actual interview is only a small component of what occurs during the day, but that we are being evaluated throughout the day. What other activities do we do?

Do you know if the first wave of interviews only goes out to in state students before they start inviting others?

Do you know what the general format of the whole day is during interviews? My impression is that the actual interview is only a small component of what occurs during the day, but that we are being evaluated throughout the day. What other activities do we do?
Yes, the actual interview only takes place in one portion of the day. I believe last year it was a 2 interviewer to 1 interviewee one, I'm not sure if that has changed for this year. Other than that are tours of the facility and clinic with a discussion of financial aid.

I thought it was around $60,000 yearly for VCU because it says it on ther website (the pdf version summing uo the cost for the different grad school programs). I think the "tuition calculator" does not include the tuition? Or am I just using it incorrectly/ looking at the wrong places?

I thought it was around $60,000 yearly for VCU because it says it on ther website (the pdf version summing uo the cost for the different grad school programs). I think the "tuition calculator" does not include the tuition? Or am I just using it incorrectly/ looking at the wrong places?
Yeah, according the the PDF they emailed us (https://policies.dentistry.vcu.edu/docs/Financial-Aid-Packet-16-17.pdf) the tuition is around 46-48k/year. Probably closer to 60k with living expenses. The tuition calculator is per semester so I think you double that value.

OOS they say $110,000 a year but that is very generous. You don't need to take out that much.

Those cheap figures are old. Super old.

Anyone have any idea when interviews for OOS could be sent out?

Status
Not open for further replies.