**Official VCU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang i was gonna frame the acceptance letter
Haha I know right? Some schools attached the "fancy/official looking"acceptance letter as pdf in the email but nothing from VCU :/

Members don't see this ad.

Any words for the second deposits? When is it due?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just turned down my VCU spot. Glad it will go to someone else! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Have you just received another offer? which school are you going to enroll at?

I follow the UW thread and noticed he got accepted into his in-state school at UW.

Hopefully there is more acceptances soon. Any news?

For anyone already attending VCU - could you comment on the atmosphere there? I mean in terms of how competitive students are/the difficulty of classes/the faculty?

For anyone already attending VCU - could you comment on the atmosphere there? I mean in terms of how competitive students are/the difficulty of classes/the faculty?
Competition depends on the overall class, but overall not that bad compared to the Columbia/Harvard type. Classes are pretty easy, pre-clinical courses seem to be graded more stringently compared to other dental schools, and is also not pass fail so there is incentive to try harder. Faculty is hit or miss - most are average, some are definite favorites and will go above and behind, only like 3-4 faculty (mostly in clinic) are genuinely unhelpful and should be avoided.
All in all its a dental school on par with the rest of the country - not the worst and probably upper average, I would recommend it to a friend.

Competition depends on the overall class, but overall not that bad compared to the Columbia/Harvard type. Classes are pretty easy, pre-clinical courses seem to be graded more stringently compared to other dental schools, and is also not pass fail so there is incentive to try harder. Faculty is hit or miss - most are average, some are definite favorites and will go above and behind, only like 3-4 faculty (mostly in clinic) are genuinely unhelpful and should be avoided.
All in all its a dental school on par with the rest of the country - not the worst and probably upper average, I would recommend it to a friend.
Thanks so much!

Overall VCU students are competitive just like anywhere else but it won't stop them from helping each other out. For example you don't hear stories of anyone sabotaging a fellow student's work or changing pins for anatomy practicals like I have heard from students at other schools.

I would guess that the classes themselves are of average difficulty for dental schools. We don't take any classes with med students so we are taught a dental school specific curriculum, which I think probably makes it easier. Classes are difficult to fail but also difficult to get an A. I would imagine that is the case with most schools though.

When does white coat ceremony take place every year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone! Am currently a 4th year here at VCU. Please feel free to AMA...

Looking for a female roommate! Already secured an awesome apartment walking distance to campus. Please message me if you're interested :)

Where exactly do we send our final transcripts to?

Where exactly do we send our final transcripts to?
You can send the transcript to the address below. Got it from Dr. Gottlieb.
School of Dentistry
Virginia Commonwealth University
520 N 12th Street
P.O.Box 980566
Richmond, VA 23298

Status
Not open for further replies.