oh Penn State, where art thou?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluenebula83

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i interviewed back in august (9/28) and still have yet to hear any word from them. anyone else waiting w/me?

:cool: :scared: :D

Members don't see this ad.

bluenebula83 said:
i interviewed back in august (9/28) and still have yet to hear any word from them. anyone else waiting w/me?

Have you called them? Many people who interviewed during that period and after got decisions. Maybe the letter got lost.

bluenebula83 said:

hey, i was there that day, did you interview in the morning or afternoon? good luck with your decision! it seems that quite a few are still waiting so don't stress... :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
wwwwhhhhaooooooooo I was there on 9-28, but this was in september, not august as you mention....LT2, you were in the sept. one, right? right. assuming 9 was a typo since i doubt "august" was a typo for september.....i would call them, I heard back a month ago.......so that would be 2 months on you since you interviewed a month earlier

C.P. Jones said:
wwwwhhhhaooooooooo I was there on 9-28, but this was in september, not august as you mention....LT2, you were in the sept. one, right? right. assuming 9 was a typo since i doubt "august" was a typo for september.....i would call them, I heard back a month ago.......so that would be 2 months on you since you interviewed a month earlier

crap, ya i interviewed sept 28th. ****, now i'm freakin that i'll have to call. i guess it can't be an acceptance since its less likely for somethin like that to get lost in the mail. :confused: :scared: :eek:

pleeeease wish me luck guys!! :luck: :scared: :p

bluenebula83 said:
crap, ya i interviewed sept 28th. ****, now i'm freakin that i'll have to call. i guess it can't be an acceptance since its less likely for somethin like that to get lost in the mail. :confused: :scared: :eek:

pleeeease wish me luck guys!! :luck: :scared: :p

i just called penn state and spoke to a very nice lady. (i guess the regular secretary wasn't in today.) get this, after giving the lady my AMCAS, name etc. she told me they made a decision on my app. i asked her if she could tell me what it was. she said no and that she wasn't allowed to. i asked her if it was good news or bad news. she couldn't tell me that either. so i asked her if in the event i got waitlisted, would the committee review my app every month or so. she said, yes and also that i wouldn't have to worry about that. by now i'm thinkin i'm either outright accepted or rejected. her tone sounded hopeful (she was happy-sounding) and i don't think i did that bad in the interview to get outright rejected from that school (it was actually a very good interview). she said the decision was in the mail and i should receive it in a few days. i'll find out soon, but wat do you guys think? :confused:

:luck:

there's really no way for us to know more than you know. i have a feeling you're in. but you're definitely right. you're either accepted or rejected. try to put yourself in a coma or something til you find out. good luck.
-mota

could you have found out the day that the letter was sent...sometimes they like saying "it's in the mail" for weeks, but i'm sure she would have said something if it did seem too long....also...congrats on getting a diff. secretary, at least you got more info, or more of a convo than "you'll get it in the mail soon....the end" good luck