Oh shucks Fauci, didn't you learn that honesty trumps (oops...) politics?

About the Ads

kmurp

15+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2005
Status (Visible)
Well I watched 30sec. Agree with him on Iraq anyway. Funny we were just listening to Natalie Maines singing “Mother”. I explained to my daughter how she kinda lost her country music career over one critical statement on the way. “Patriots “ and talk radio right wingers were all in on that war.

BobLoblaw78

2+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I thought she lost her career b/c how she came across and multiple critical statements. I would agree with the second part of that statement.

Does anyone else see Dr Fauci as the type of colleague that doesn't pull as much weight in the department b/c they are always working on a side project? And they seem pretty smart but seem to take the same material as you but wind up with a different conclusion. I don't personally know him (surprise), but he superficially strikes me as this "type".

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

ucladoc2b

10+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I thought she lost her career b/c how she came across and multiple critical statements. I would agree with the second part of that statement.

Does anyone else see Dr Fauci as the type of colleague that doesn't pull as much weight in the department b/c they are always working on a side project? And they seem pretty smart but seem to take the same material as you but wind up with a different conclusion. I don't personally know him (surprise), but he superficially strikes me as this "type".

Hasn’t he been the head of the department for 30 years or more?

BobLoblaw78

2+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Hasn’t he been the head of the department for 30 years or more?
Probably. I had heard that he hadn't had significant patient care for 30 years, so that fits! lol

Are you saying that supports my assessment, or not? (I am sincerely asking b/c it could go either way- I have seen many department heads who would fit my description). Personal story: I had to be put asleep emergently during residency. The guy I would have picked was taking care of me. Yay. In steps the department head, takes over and FUBAR'd the situation worse than a junior resident. He was neither smooth nor in. He almost snapped defeat from the jaws of victory.

Zekchar

2+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Probably. I had heard that he hadn't had significant patient care for 30 years, so that fits! lol

Are you saying that supports my assessment, or not? (I am sincerely asking b/c it could go either way- I have seen many department heads who would fit my description). Personal story: I had to be put asleep emergently during residency. The guy I would have picked was taking care of me. Yay. In steps the department head, takes over and FUBAR'd the situation worse than a junior resident. He was neither smooth nor in. He almost snapped defeat from the jaws of victory.
I don't want any division head, highly published academic, nor chairman taking care of me or my family. I want the confident 5-8 year doc who is up to date on the literature, slick, and battle tested.

Oct 10, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
  2. Attending Physician
I don't want any division head, highly published academic, nor chairman taking care of me or my family. I want the confident 5-8 year doc who is up to date on the literature, slick, and battle tested.
Do you think concocting an antibiotic treatment plan for endocarditis translates to running the national pandemic response? I don’t see how patient care has any role in his job.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.